+ Reply to Thread
Page 580 of 594 FirstFirst ... 80 480 530 570 578 579 580 581 582 590 ... LastLast
Results 11,581 to 11,600 of 11863

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    *Laughs.....that slowly starts to transition into a sob*

Also to the current military vets who voted for and support Donald Trump you guys look real smart right now

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/tru...-care-of-them/
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; December 6th, 2017 at 06:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    *Laughs.....that slowly starts to transition into a sob*

It is unfortunately not worth the political capital to try right now. Even if every democrat went for it it'd just come out to be a less than half result, and the entire news story would be "impeachment fails, democrats witch hunting". I'm sure if they thought there was an actual chance of a few dozen republicans flipping on the issue they'd go for it. Also don't want to set a precedent for every single president from here on out getting impeached a year in no matter what. It's especially bad right now when all the attention we have needs to be put on getting people angry about the tax bill and the fcc thing. Priorities folks, we have to deal with those problems first. Not sure what they were trying to achieve doing it now.

While yes, we should absolutely get the crazy man away from the nukes and policy as soon as possible and he should have been thrown out week 1, or the 25th ammendment should be evoked immediately, and he has no right to be there, given how the Russia investigation seems to be going combined with Trump's mental deterioration, they might be able to get an actual vote soon... long as they don't blow it now. I'm sure Trump will try tio fire Mueller soon and all hell will break loose.

Or you know, after the awful tax bill is passed and they no longer have use for him.

Hopefully WW3 doesn't start up in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekila View Post
    Trump backs Roy Moore, says Republicans 'need' his vote:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3676105

Yeah... supporting a rapist/child molester/sexual assaulter... -sigh-

Oh, and this:

Seriously.... despite there being a shitload of evidence against Moore, yet they think it is false, like what the hell? >.>

Or maybe that 70% are white males that molested or sexual assaulted young girls too >.>
    and of those 70% who believed it, 93% thought it was politically engineered by the democrats
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

I'm also pretty sure double jeopardy applies to impeachment proceedings so Democrats are by and large better off waiting for Mueller to nail Trump to the wall before taking their shots.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    I'm also pretty sure double jeopardy applies to impeachment proceedings so Democrats are by and large better off waiting for Mueller to nail Trump to the wall before taking their shots.
    If that's the case it 10000% makes sense to not push the matter this exact moment, when there could actually be a super strong case literally any day now. Either from Muller putting the big proof down or from full on camera dementia break down.

None of the republicans like him either and when the time comes they'll be glad to be rid of him too with any half reasonable excuse. But with dozens of super crazy huge things going on by the end of the month... no, it's just not time yet.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    So Donald Trump is set to acknowledge Jerusalem as the official capital of Israel and move the embassy there. This can only go well
    Everything's Eventual...

Don’t blame the election on fake news. Blame it on the media.

"In just six days, The New York Times ran as many cover stories about Hillary Clinton’s emails as they did about all policy issues combined in the 69 days leading up to the election."

Al Franken will resign which means a seat that would have been safe until 2020 is now a pretty good chance for a Republican pickup in 2018. Hillary only won the state by 1.5%.

The GOP will, of course, continue to use this as an example of how awful Democrats are while dealing with none of their own, far worse sexual predators.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

The media will, of course, go along with them in this.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Eh, I don't see Franken's seat as being particularly risky. Sure Hillary only won Minnesota by a narrow margin but it still went Democrat when most of the region flipped in 2016. Given how monumentally unpopular Trump and the Republicans are, I'd guess that the Democratic nominee wins pretty handily in 2018.

There are several (likely) closer Senate races the Democrats need to defend against. At the very least, if they fail to capture the Senate in 2018 it won't be just because of Minnesota.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Republicans can vote for Roy Moore with a clear conscience now that a Democrat has accepted consequences for something.

Headlines Dems want: "Democrats accept the consequences of sexual misconduct, while Republicans welcome child molester Moore"

Headlines Dems get: "Dems in disarray now attacking each other, GOP rallies behind Moore"

Another thing to keep in mind is that this establishes a clear precedent that Democratoc Senators will be expected to follow. So it's only a matter of time until we see this with one from a state with a Republican governor.

Jesus Christ.

Some are reporting that Minnesota's Governor is leaning towards appointing the Lt. Governor to fill Franken's seat while Dayton says that he's not made up his mind yet. She apparently has no interest in serving in Congress so that would make it an open seat.

Also:

National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day A day that will live in infamy! December 7, 1941

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 7, 2017

Why was this even done now when, as I understand, even if Dems were united the impeachment would fail?

Would another impeachment effort look pathetic later on due to this failure? Or would it actually land damage to Trump if it happened a second time and failed again?
    Hidden:

Some are reporting that Minnesota's Governor is leaning towards appointing the Lt. Governor to fill Franken's seat while Dayton says that he's not made up his mind yet. She apparently has no interest in serving in Congress so that would make it an open seat.
    Dems again going for fair play and non-partisanship by appointing someone who won't run in 2018.

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

Kaine calls on Senate to publicly release sexual harassment claims

I don't know if this'll go anywhere, but I hope it does. I'm still hoping this train of sexual harassment claims doesn't end anytime soon, and especially with the Senate.

Also, it's Tim Kaine again! He seems like the type to have never harassed someone,or done anything fun. That's probably why he's asking for this.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...artment-286076

That's weird I've lived in New York for the last 27 years and can't ever remember having to be driven to a bus stop under threat of potential violence.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I mean maybe something like Brentwood as of recent, but that's one of the most extreme examples in the last 50 or so years of Suffolk County of gang violence risks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information