+ Reply to Thread
Page 584 of 584 FirstFirst ... 84 484 534 574 582 583 584
Results 11,661 to 11,674 of 11674

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Yeah. The UK for all it's peculiar mirror image politics to the US differs strongly there, they are much more in line with Europe in that regard.
    No surprise given their class issues are very old world style, possibly the most alien thing about them to an American.
    I agree, but having moved from Italy to the UK, I happen to think the UK's class system is actually one of the most extreme class systems in Europe. It's so entrenched in every social interaction, especially with how the accent you have (moreso that your clothes and in some circles moreso than skin-colour) influences the way people treat you and think of you, it's really hard to ignore! Some areas actually have two or more regional accents, for upper class, middle class, and lower class people. Probably my least favourite thing about the UK, it's amazing how such a 'progressive' country can have such a strongly ingrained bigotry relating to speech and upbringing.
    -_- o_o O_O ...Agree to disagree sounds about right. Holy moly.
    I'm such a bad person

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    If the title was "no commies allowed" I do wonder how many left leaning people would get offended.
    Communism in America has functionally been dead since the Soviet Union stopped funneling cash to CPUSA in the late 80s due to them being huge Stalinists. It now only exists in the rooms of white suburban college kids who wear Che shirts and think that Zach de la Rocha is the most profound songwriter of all time.

Compare to fascism, which has been on the rise and a public force for quite a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    I happen to think the UK's class system is actually one of the most extreme class systems in Europe.
    I can believe that actually, given the history.
    They've had the largest scale longest lasting ancien' regime and all attached nobility that comes therein.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

CNN: Obama called on Alabama voters to reject Roy Moore.

https://t.co/CnrxTAG4Q6

Am I the only one afraid this will backfire due to the OBAMA BAD!!! knee jerk?

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post

Yeah, I really don't think Alabamians are big Obama fans. Are they? If they are that'd be a bit weird, they're a hard red state aren't they. A good chunk probably agree with Trump that he's born in Kenya. Just a hunch, but I reckon Ex-Prez ain't gonna change things -_-
    I'm such a bad person

It's to encourage black turnout.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    It's to encourage black turnout.
    Oh fair, it's 25% Afro-American in Alabama (compared to 13% US wide), that does kinda change things.
    I'm such a bad person

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

https://mobile.twitter.com/AP/status...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

BREAKING: Pentagon says it will allow transgender people to enlist in the military beginning Jan. 1, despite Trump's opposition.
    Some good news. The Pentagon decided not to listen to Trump's dumb and bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey D Theories View Post
    anyways, is this a democrat-only thread?
    Folks like Robby have already discussed in general how this thread works regarding Conservative/Republican opinions in general: That being that as long as you aren't an asshole, use hate speech, slurs, or calls for violence while trying to make your points, you're free to share your opinion, Democrat or Republican alike.

One thing I want to add to Robby's statement is this however:

As he said, the majority of folks here ARE either some level of Liberal or are more moderate conservatives who don't fully agree with Trump or the official party's platform or actions right now. I know some people here who identify as conservative who are more liberal on social issues too.

What this means is, someone who is more conservative may not have too popular an opinion here. This is a discussion forum. We post to discuss with one another. So what will happen if you post one of these unpopular opinions is that a lot of people will see it and in the spirit of discussion, reply with their opinions and counter-points. Sometimes, it will be a LOT of people replying to you because, again, unpopular opinion on a discussion forum.

It becomes easy to then feel like you're being piled onto and "attacked" for having the unpopular opinion even if everybody is keeping their tone civil. Don't fall into this trap.

I say all of this because I actually WANT some opposing viewpoints in here. It would be very interesting to me to see a rank and file Conservative's thoughts on these issues and if one can rebut without resorting to attacks or bigotry I think that might actually add something to the thread.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

One of the problems we have right now is there is Right, then there is Alt-Right. A conservative like Eisenhower or even Regan would be appalled by some of the shit that's going on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post

Not if the calls are being targeted to the main Democratic voters of Alabama, aka, black people.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    One of the problems we have right now is there is Right, then there is Alt-Right. A conservative like Eisenhower or even Regan would be appalled by some of the shit that's going on right now.
    Operation Wetback suggests Eisenhower would be pretty cool with Trump's immigration policies at least.

Reagan would only really be appalled by the cozying up to Russia.

Operation Wetback suggests Eisenhower would be pretty cool with Trump's immigration policies at least.

To be honest, there is a certain something about all elected republicans that makes me think of this little gem

I'm such a bad person

I don't think either would be okay with the general idiot and embarrassment Trump is. And yes, I know Reagan had Alzheimer's, but Trump has been an idiot his whole life.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information