+ Reply to Thread
Page 596 of 596 FirstFirst ... 96 496 546 586 594 595 596
Results 11,901 to 11,920 of 11920

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    The state election board apparently won't certify the results for at least two weeks so he couldn't be seated until then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    The usual procedure is, he won, he takes the seat immediately.

What McConnell is going to do is refuse to confirm him until after the tax bill vote so he can keep the republican temp in there. WHich is completely illegal. But its exactly what they did to stall the supreme court and no one fought back hard enough against it.

Hopefully the dems have developed a spine this time and DO something.
    I've seen a few articles say this is illegal, but why aren't they being sued then? Or why didn't that happen while the Supreme Court seat was being blocked? I'm pretty sure that wasn't illegal, just highly irregular.

Of course, by the time everything's going to be solved, months or even more might have passed, so it's a good strategy, but still, is it really illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by DemonX View Post
    I've seen a few articles say this is illegal, but why aren't they being sued then? Or why didn't that happen while the Supreme Court seat was being blocked? I'm pretty sure that wasn't illegal, just highly irregular.

Of course, by the time everything's going to be solved, months or even more might have passed, so it's a good strategy, but still, is it really illegal?
    They're mostly squeaking by dodging the spirit of any given law and barely adhering to maybe the text of a thing. Democrats don't have the spine to push the issue. ANd the republicans have the majority, there's not a whole lot they can do.

I think they might have fought harder for the Supreme Court seat if they'd known they were going to lose the presidential, but no one seriously thought Trump was going to win, not even the Republicans. Under the assumption Hillary was going to win then they could place a major liberal (or even Obama?) rather than just someone sort of in the middle.

It does look like Net Neutrality is going to be fought for at least.

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Just because something is illegal doesn't mean it will necessarily be pursued in the courts. I know America is very trigger happy when it comes to lawsuits, but just bear in mind that illegallity will not always result in a court decision, especially if nobody brings the case.
    -_- o_o O_O ...Agree to disagree sounds about right. Holy moly.
    I'm such a bad person

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    They're mostly squeaking by dodging the spirit of any given law and barely adhering to maybe the text of a thing. Democrats don't have the spine to push the issue. ANd the republicans have the majority, there's not a whole lot they can do.

I think they might have fought harder for the Supreme Court seat if they'd known they were going to lose the presidential, but no one seriously thought Trump was going to win, not even the Republicans. Under the assumption Hillary was going to win then they could place a major liberal (or even Obama?) rather than just someone sort of in the middle.

It does look like Net Neutrality is going to be fought for at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Just because something is illegal doesn't mean it will necessarily be pursued in the courts. I know America is very trigger happy when it comes to lawsuits, but just bear in mind that illegallity will not always result in a court decision, especially if nobody brings the case.
    There's at least one lawsuit underway

http://thehill.com/policy/technology...trality-repeal

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    There's at least one lawsuit underway

http://thehill.com/policy/technology...trality-repeal
    The conversation was referring to Doug Jones not taking his seat immediately due to meddling, not NN.
    -_- o_o O_O ...Agree to disagree sounds about right. Holy moly.
    I'm such a bad person

Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    The conversation was referring to Doug Jones not taking his seat immediately due to meddling, not NN.
    Oh, my mistake. Sorry about that.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.

It'll be basically the same basic scam as airports charging to check luggage. Once upon a time that was a courtesy! Now it s a 4 billion dollar industry... in an industry that already scams the hell out of their customers.

I honestly hope Congress pulls through for the people. When will it be voted on?
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Net neutrality: Donald Trump Jr suggests people who want to keep net neutrality don't understand it:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/net-neutr...085600835.html

"I would pay good money to see all those people complaining about Obama’s FCC chairman voting to repeal #NetNeutality actually explain it in detail," the full tweet read. "I’d also bet most hadn’t heard of it before this week. #outrage"
    Yeah -_-

Avatar: Series: No Game No Life; Character: Jibril; Artist: Unknown

"It's a law preventing big corporations from censorship, bias, and from gouging their customers."

Hey, that wasn't too hard.

A news dump courtesy of WTF Just Happened Today:

WSJ/ Cambridge Analytica handed over employees' emails to Robert Mueller's team.

https://t.co/XnIP9FjZCY

NPR/ Trump called the FBI a "shame" hours before telling new graduates that he has their "back 100%."

https://t.co/RiLvXko0W7

CNN/ Trump didn't dismiss the idea of pardoning Michael Flynn.

https://t.co/yT8azS4xDM

CNN/ Trump spoke with Rupert Murdoch "to make sure [he] wasn't selling Fox News" as part of the Disney deal.

https://t.co/mZ68X9JedZ

WaPo/ One of Trump's judicial nominees struggled to answer basic questions about the law during his Senate Judiciary Committee confirmation hearing.

https://t.co/tJ3Iwwpj4K

poll/ 54% of voters think Robert Mueller's "relationship" with James Comey represents a conflict of interest.

https://t.co/Wd1PApLM8S

Waldorf:

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Things are going way too smooth for big corporations with the repeal of Net Neutrality, only real way I see to boicot this thing is probably organazing a massive cancelation of internet services, would affect their business inmediately, big time and would let them know that people won't be standing for their bs. However, in an era where kids can't stay away from Twitter for 5 minutes, that's hardly going to happen, and calling the congressmen, yeah, that people who don't represent you at all, don't really seem as much of a fight to me. Things will just go as they do for drug dealers whenever they rise the price, with bunch of complains but business still going up.

Rubio and Corker are yes on the tax scam. It will pass with 52 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Rubio and Corker are yes on the tax scam. It will pass with 52 votes.
    That didn't take long.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

This won’t stop pundits from proclaiming Corker, Flake and McCain as leaders of the Resistance.

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

http://wapo.st/2ChpWyR

Hey, looks like that part in the tax bill allowing churches to endorse candidates got taken out. Well thank God, a bad bill is slightly less worse.

Edit: Wait, let's ignore the Christians for a second, something more interesting is happening.

Kushner lawyer looking for crisis PR firm: report

Kushner seems to think something is about to happen to him soon?

Trump Administration bans the CDC from using seven words

The Trump administration is prohibiting officials at the nation’s top public health agency from using a list of seven words or phrases — including “fetus” and “transgender” — in any official documents being prepared for next year’s budget.

Policy analysts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta were told of the list of forbidden words at a meeting Thursday with senior CDC officials who oversee the budget, according to an analyst who took part in the 90-minute briefing. The forbidden words are “vulnerable,” “entitlement,” “diversity,” “transgender,” “fetus,” “evidence-based” and “science-based.”

In some instances, the analysts were given alternative phrases. Instead of “science-based” or *“evidence-based,” the suggested phrase is “CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes,” the person said. In other cases, no replacement words were immediately offered.
    Clown show.

Even Trump's base is starting to get tired of his shit

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/tru...fox-news-fans/

And a judge (a female one at that) put the breaks on the administration's rules on contraceptives

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2017/1...-birth-control
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Seriously? Seriously???

Is Trump supposed to cover his ears and go "LALALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALA"?

George Orwell sheds a tear from his grave.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information