+ Reply to Thread
Page 622 of 622 FirstFirst ... 122 522 572 612 620 621 622
Results 12,421 to 12,427 of 12427

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    I'm fully on board with the idea that there's been some fudging with the numbers and data to present a better portrait of the President because it's theoretically in the country's best interest. Problem is, if we're now at the point where we're discarding factual statements from a doctor (who was also, we should note, Obama's doctor) because it doesn't match our assumptions, well, it's not that far removed from the birther controversy.
    Except one is exceedingly plausible, and the other was insane racism you mean?

Presidential medical status isn't some holy untouchable bit of honesty by the US gov to begin with.

Rats are jumping off a sinking ship

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/36...pelosi-on-daca

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Trump should start taking steroids like his buddy Vince McMahon does.

Feign surprise as the MSM blames BOTH SIDES for the shutdown despite all branches of goverment being in Republican control.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Except one is exceedingly plausible, and the other was insane racism you mean?

Presidential medical status isn't some holy untouchable bit of honesty by the US gov to begin with.
    Obviously all of that.

Just saying it feeds into right-wing bad-faith "whataboutism" and, even though the Girthers are likely right, I don't see it doing anything but feeding the usual right-wing drivel.

At this point, I don't know how to convince even the mildly-Trump-supporting folk I know that his faculties have massively diminished in the past decade (and seems to be accelerating). Best I can do is feed them full transcripts and unedited video unsullied by "the media," but still doesn't connect.

There's at least more out there about his potential dementia in the public sphere now, but seems like the few things that have impacted his general standing in marked ways are either policy [ACA repeal-and-replace, DACA, taxes] or when he's been asked to respond to a crisis [Charlottesville].

Sadly, bet the Stormy Daniels stuff over the weekend will do more than any of his numerous conflicts of interest or kleptomania have done.

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    Just saying it feeds into right-wing bad-faith "whataboutism"
    They will always have an intensely stupid bad faith whataboutism ready to go in any given situation. That's exactly what makes it stupid and bad faith.

Remember how Scalia dying spawned a bunch of conspiracy theories on the right?

Now imagine the reaction from the right to Trump dropping dead from the combination of age, poor health, and super high stress after being lied to about his condition.
    Complicating things since 2009.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information