+ Reply to Thread
Page 730 of 730 FirstFirst ... 230 630 680 720 728 729 730
Results 14,581 to 14,594 of 14594

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Saw an interesting thought today: "Where are all the pro-lifers when all these children are being tormented and ripped from their mothers? I guess it's only when the babies are in-utero that they care."

Which I suppose could be said is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    *whispers* still not a majority
    Ah, yeah that's true, I sometimes forget that fact living in the south, my apologies. Anyway, I am sorry for the venting--this administration has me riled up with little outlet for release. To contribute something of value:

Master of Celebrity: How Trump uses--and bashed--the famous to boost himself

An interesting article about, well, the title more or less gives it away I guess.

I had been trying to keep my head down because I have a Qual coming up, and lab work is piling up, but World knowledgeI needed to speak out against this atrocity in particular. This administration is disgusting, and I fear that the base for Trump has crystallized as to be nigh unassailable. I fear for our country--I hope we aren't too far gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    This thread is the first time I've ever used my ignore list lol.
    Wasn't Taggerung before this thread though?

Still a Border Wall Truther. Dems should have funded the damned thing a year ago. It will be such a massive clusterfuck, and $25,000,000,000 is honestly looking like a bargain for Trump's immigration plans to go up in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    Still a Border Wall Truther. Dems should have funded the damned thing a year ago. It will be such a massive clusterfuck, and $25,000,000,000 is honestly looking like a bargain for Trump's immigration plans to go up in flames.
    Dems were willing to fund it in exchange for DACA.

Anyway, Andrew Sullivan is very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Dems were willing to fund it in exchange for DACA.

Anyway, Andrew Sullivan is very bad.
    Can you picture what will happen with the border wall with this administration's level of competence and follow-through? Thinking Arrested Development levels of ribbon-cutting ceremony.

And yeah, Sullivan is garbage.

Unrelated to Sullivan, there is something to be said for the idea that Dems might actually want to start trending towards a positive do-something approach on immigration (because it actually tends to be more positively regarded than folk recognize generally) so they don't end up with the same problem as the Republicans did with "REPEAL AND REPLACE oh shit we won now what." Though in this particular case, status quo is infinitely better than whatever the hell our garbage president is trying to do.

As much as I'd half-kinda like funding parts of a pointless border wall just to see it not work, one of the things people forget is that in addition to keeping people out, you keep many animals out. It disrupts the ecosystem for a very pointless reason.

That's assuming you get ANYTHING up in the terms of what Trump wants given the amount of payouts they'd need to do to acquire private property through eminent domain and having to ignore the natural barriers that make putting a wall or even a fence logistical a nightmare at the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Does anyone know if this is true? So far only place I can find it is on PoliticalUSA=
    Melania Trump Stages Shelter Photo-Op While Canceling Real Detention Center Visit

The Trump administration wanted the images on cable news of the First Lady visiting Upbring New Hope Children’s Shelter. They staged quite a photo-op at the shelter. The problem is the White House then canceled the trip to the real detention center where children are being caged.

The White House blamed flash flooding for their cancelation of the visit to the detention center, but locals knew of the flash flooding yesterday, which leads one to suspect that the plan was always for Trump to visit the nice shelter for the cameras and then return back to Washington.
    "Gunpowder" Lagoon Fishhawk, here.
    What's your pirate name? use the funny name generator here

How much you want to bet the property these tent cities will be built on will be Trump owned property that he'll be making tons of money off of.

Quote Originally Posted by genocyber View Post
    How much you want to bet the property these tent cities will be built on will be Trump owned property that he'll be making tons of money off of.
    Even he's not *that* stupid and obvious.

It'll be the property of friends of his. Who just happened to overpay him for something a while back.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

So apparently someone beat Trump/the Trump Administration to the rights of the URL http://www.trumphotels.org/

They had some fun.

Among the "Features and Services": Handicap Accessibility, "Se Habla Español", and Child Accommodations

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

You can add David Lynch to the ever growing list of celebrities who support Trump for no logically discernible reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    You can add David Lynch to the ever growing list of celebrities who support Trump for no logically discernible reason.
    Maybe he's filming his support as some sort of inscrutable art project that nobody will ever understand?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information