+ Reply to Thread
Page 742 of 742 FirstFirst ... 242 642 692 732 740 741 742
Results 14,821 to 14,828 of 14828

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Soo, reading up on Butina, the Russian agent we actually have in custody who was backchannelling stuff through the NRA. She is apparently not able to get bail and is already cooperating. And the sheer amount of info about the behind the scenes that this reveals is just... HOLY CRAP.

She was in the oval office with teh other russians the day after Comey was fired, she's in the group photo that Russia released when no US media was allowed to cover the meeting.

Redhead, third from the right. She was also at a couple of big Trump speeches and "randomly" picked from the audience to ask a question.

Seth Abrahmson's take. As always, he's a bit of a conspiracy theorist so take with a grain of salt as it all sounds crazy and farfetched, but the pieces do seem to line up and he keeps being right.
    https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/sta...41395175317505
    Last edited by Robby; July 17th, 2018 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    So, something interesting that's been overshadowed by Trump kissing Putin's ass.
    Just to keep hopes from going too high, also read the judge has pushed off a bunch of cases along with Manafort and has said he might have to delay some parts due to family issues.

I still see a Manafort flip as pretty unlikely. He's the #1 pardon contender, and he's pretty likely dead man walking if he talks.

That wasn’t Butina in the Oval Office.

So Seth was wrong again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    That wasn’t Butina in the Oval Office.

So Seth was wrong again.
    that picture was all over Twitter this morning, yet another way for the Bad Faith Apologists to finger-point at the left

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    Just to keep hopes from going too high, also read the judge has pushed off a bunch of cases along with Manafort and has said he might have to delay some parts due to family issues.

I still see a Manafort flip as pretty unlikely. He's the #1 pardon contender, and he's pretty likely dead man walking if he talks.
    I forget, are manafort's charges on the state or federal levels? Because I know Mueller was specifically aiming for state where possibly to prevent pardons.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    I forget, are manafort's charges on the state or federal levels? Because I know Mueller was specifically aiming for state where possibly to prevent pardons.
    I'm pretty sure it's all federal at the moment and the play is to tease out a pardon before bringing up state? But I may be wrong on that.

God summer so far has been a pitch black season, huge fuck up debacles like this were exactly what I'd been missing amid all the Supreme Court, Ally burnings, and Child Prison Camp miseries.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Though I gotta say I find this reaction level almost strange.
    As if suddenly a lot of people have just arrived at the same conclusion some of us have been at for like two years lol.
    Not a single thing about yesterday surprised me even slightly, but I guess for shitloads of people (including lots of people already very skeptical and hateful toward Trump) the Russia stuff just became much much more.... real?

The most salient analysis of it is that this stands out because it distills all of Trump's Russia-kowtowing into a single event. So much of the Republican establishment is still deeply anti-Soviet that seeing Trump kissing Putin's ass was both disturbing and undeniable.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information