+ Reply to Thread
Page 756 of 756 FirstFirst ... 256 656 706 746 754 755 756
Results 15,101 to 15,108 of 15108

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

if you could grind up that two hours in the middle of the day into a fine powder I'd snort the hell out of it

so good

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    It's pretty darn great that both Cohen and Manafort are getting some type of charges on the same day. What juicy news.

Also, apparently Trump is having another rally down in West Virginia tonight? We have a good chance he'll comment directly on there things there. I look forward to seeing the sound bites from this thing.

I mean, in the same sense I look forward to watching any dumpster fire. I don't want to be anywhere near it, but if I find the clips I'll probably break down and check them out.
    Someone posted a twitter thread about what we might expect

Ok, with Trump set to take the stage in West Virginia in a mere 90 mins, might as well take a swing at what we might see from him.The Vegas betting odds have installed "Completely raging like an unhinged lunatic" as the odds-on favorite.

I'm gonna throw a curve though.

I used to write about Trump's narcissistic personality disorder all the time. Back in the day, it was almost eerie how accurately his shtick could be predicted. Folks who have been around my feed for a while can vouch for that...

It has gotten harder though...

...not because Trump has become less predictable. Nope. That dude is the simplest of simple machines. With enough insight into what he's experiencing, he'd be regular as rain.

We just don't have enough of a window anymore. We see too little.

Today though, there's no way he could know more than we know. He had no advanced knowledge of the Manafort verdict. It's unlikely he knew about the Cohen plea.

So, we know what Trump is taking in as new inputs...

While he'd seem likely to rage, like a whole lotta people with NPD, Babyfingers tends to go quiet when he is completely "caught". He freezes. Retreats. Cocoons himself away from scrutiny.

He can't do that on stage obviously...

So, I'd wager he's going to instead focus on distancing himself from Cohen and Manafort.

Narcissists have only two impulses: Seek adoration; avoid shame.

Trump will likely aim to avoid shame by pushing Cohen and Manafort as far away as possible.

I won't be shocked at all to hear Senor Loco dismiss the Cohen and Manafort convictions as having absolutely nothing to do with him...

...and then pivot off that to blaming the media for alleging he's in trouble when those other fellas' problems have nothing to do with him..

My money is on Trump surprising folks.

Look for:

A more sedate Trump than expected
    Effort to distance himself from Cohen/Manafort
    A show of empathy for only Manafort
    Insisting "collusion" was the only legitimate accusation Mueller was supposed to investigate
    Whining about how unfair it is to HIM that Mueller is going after other people who's issues have "nothing to do with him"
    Insisting that Mueller's investigation is STILL a "Witch Hunt" because it has delivered no proof he "colluded" and is now "spiraling out of control"
    Bottom-line: I'm guessing tonight's one-hour crazygram from the dais will mostly be about distancing the narcissist from the shame...

If Trump shows up with a flat affect and way less fire than he usually brings - and everyone expects tonight - somebody owes me beer.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk

California Representative Duncan Hunter and his wife are getting indicted over using campaign funds for personal expenses.

Hunter was one of the first House members to endorse Trump.
    The first was, of course, Chris "Innie C" Collins, lately seen resigning after being arrested by the FBI for insider trading
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    California Representative Duncan Hunter and his wife are getting indicted over using campaign funds for personal expenses.

I feel like everyone in San Diego has low-key known that Duncan Hunter was a corrupt POS for a while now.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

One of these things is not like the other ones....

Hidden:

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/0aH5gV1l.png

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

That's not a fair comparison, Cyan. The 21st century version of the American Mafia is a much more competent and honorable organization then the Trump administration.

the funny thing about the "mistrial on 10 counts" thing is he wasn't acquitted on any of them. He was "beyond a reasonable doubt" on 8 and probably "yeah, but we're not 100%" on the rest. And since one decent reporter said the charges that were mistrials were probably pertaining to the jury questions from the first note, seems likely they could still make'em stick on a re-trial, which is an option.

Not sure they'll do that, since there's a whole other trial to do first.

While talking about Trump's West Virginia pacifier, Josh Marshall tweeted:

Trump goes full pakled. Never go full pakled. "We're the smart ones."
    President Pakled is now my go-to Trump reference; it's just so perfect for him.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

And, just to top it off, Fearless Pakleader's endorsed candidate lost in the Wyoming Gubernatorial Primary despite said candidate pumping two million dollars of his own money into it.
    Complicating things since 2009.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information