+ Reply to Thread
Page 786 of 786 FirstFirst ... 286 686 736 776 784 785 786
Results 15,701 to 15,708 of 15708

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Kaba Kaba Fruit View Post
    both sides carry their pros and cons. I
    Name one pro for the Republican Party that reflects their actual policies.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Better yet, name one pro that outweighs all their many cons and/or the Democrats' pros.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

I might name some of the Republican party 70-100 years ago, but now? Hah.

Don't worry, Teddy, you'll always be my Green Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I might name some of the Republican party 70-100 years ago, but now? Hah.

Don't worry, Teddy, you'll always be my Green Man.
    70-100 years ago they were technically democrats by modern viewpoint. The parties switched places in almost every way over the 60's and 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Name one pro for the Republican Party that reflects their actual policies.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    Better yet, name one pro that outweighs all their many cons and/or the Democrats' pros.
    And don't say occasionally opposing Trump ala John McCain/Jeff Flake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I voted because it is the status quo favored by the populace. I voted because it allows me to snivel like a bitch under the excuse of "Freedom of Speech" granted under the First Amendment despite knowing that it won't translate to obligatory representation in the House or Senate. I voted because I'm scared of my own government. I voted because I don't want anyone in these forums or anyone else to lynch me for not doing my duty. I voted because I'm a One Piece fan and somehow, One Piece fans think their viewpoints here translate to real change at the poll. I voted because Democrats are good and Republicans are evil even though both sides carry their pros and cons. I voted because Donald Trump is the president who needs to be stopped despite having the freedom to enact his privileges granted to him under the constitution. I voted because it is better to bitch about the government not doing their job right despite the fact that under a proper democracy, it should be the exact opposite because it WORKS in the interests of the people. I voted because well...I voted.
    I'm tired of being told there's no difference between the parties when shit like this is happening.

I repeatedly told whoever was listening that EXACTLY THIS would happen if Trump won because it's the stated policy of his actual party. I, and people like me were dismissed as alarmist by Republicans and the Never Hillary "Progressive" crowd.

I'm just getting angrier and angrier. It's taking all my effort not to go on a profanity-laden rant directed at anyone who continues to tell me I'm being alarmist, "Both sides bad" or voting doesn't matter.

This isn't some ideological game. Real people are actually being harmed by this administration. A lot of people could have stopped this but chose not to.

I'm on the verge of tears so I'm gonna stop tying before I lose it at work.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

even though both sides carry their pros and cons.
    What are the pros of the modern Republican party. I'm really curious what outweighs... everything they're doing that makes it any sort of a comparison to the other party.

I voted because Donald Trump is the president who needs to be stopped despite having the freedom to enact his privileges granted to him under the constitution.
    He does not actually have the freedoms to do many of the things he has done. Like order infants be torn from their parents and put in cages, to name one. He is enabled by a congress that isn't checking him.

Guys, today's news really has me stressed out and upset and fearful. I'm seriously not ok right now. I'm about to start crying.

I didn't actually say what it was, so for anyone who didn't click my link in the last post, the Trump administration wants to rigidly define gender based on genitals at birth in an official Government capacity.

This will effectively wipe out any federal protection for Trans people period.......
    Last edited by Demon Rin; October 21st, 2018 at 08:14 AM.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information