+ Reply to Thread
Page 823 of 823 FirstFirst ... 323 723 773 813 821 822 823
Results 16,441 to 16,457 of 16457

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    https://2020.kirstengillibrand.com/

She's running.

(official announcement on Colbert tonight)

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

First campaign ad: https://twitter.com/SenGillibrand/st...33430571659266

Come the debates for primaries, Warren is gonna blow them out of the water. Well, hopefully.

Best thing would be Warren with either Kamala Harris or O'rourke as running mates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Gillibrand's good and unlike Brown doesn't hold a seat that couldn't easily be filled with another Dem.

Strictly speaking, the more people who pile in and end Gabbard, the better.

Ubiq’s opening to the 2020 election thread will be novel length.

I was born 87 years ago. For 65 years I've ruled as America's president, but for all these years, I've never been the ruler of my own dreams.
    I have seen the gates of Oblivion, beyond which no waking eyes may see. Behold! In darkness, a doom sweeps the land.
    This is the 27th of Last Seed, the Year of Akatosh 2020. These are the closing days of the Third Era... and the final hours of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    I wonder how Glenn's doing under Brazil's new fascism.
    Okay, sure, Bolsonaro's destroying the rainforest and undermining indigenous and LBGT rights but I'll tell you what he's not doing: being Hillary Clinton.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Okay, sure, Bolsonaro's destroying the rainforest and undermining indigenous and LBGT rights but I'll tell you what he's not doing: being Hillary Clinton.
    "As I pass by the 50-foot statue of Plinio Salgado erected outside my humble upper-class gated community and ignore the distant sounds of the Amazon being looted, I think to myself how lucky I am to live in a progressive nation that doesn't use drones."

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Nancy "Smash" Pelosi has essentially told Chief Moron that he will not deliver the SOTU to Congress unless the government is re-opened.

A confirmation of what we all knew. Trump has been ignoring the Emoluments clause of the Constitution.
    https://www.npr.org/2019/01/16/68597...N2asavWrOrTX9I

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Something breaking, not sure yet of significance:

Trump says Pelosi's overseas trip 'has been postponed' because of shutdown

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/17/trum...-shutdown.html

Story is new and still updating. All we really have right now is:

President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's scheduled trip to Egypt, Brussels and Afghanistan "has been postponed."

"We will reschedule this seven-day excursion when the Shutdown is over," Trump said in a letter to Pelosi, referring to the nearly four-week-long partial shutdown of the government over border security disputes between the president and Democratic lawmakers.
    But on TV on CNN is the headline "Trump writes letter to Pelosi: I'm cancelling your trip"

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    Something breaking, not sure yet of significance:

Trump says Pelosi's overseas trip 'has been postponed' because of shutdown

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/17/trum...-shutdown.html

Story is new and still updating. All we really have right now is:

But on TV on CNN is the headline "Trump writes letter to Pelosi: I'm cancelling your trip"
    I'm not sure I grasp all that this means. So, first off, I guess Nancy was using a government vehicle, so Trump can do this? It's petty if so.

But also, I've seen tweets explaining that one of those trips was secret, so through this letter Trump just endangered the life of the Speaker of the House? That really seems like the kind of thing that should warrant a real response, as opposed to just words and media coverage.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    I'm not sure I grasp all that this means. So, first off, I guess Nancy was using a government vehicle, so Trump can do this? It's petty if so.

But also, I've seen tweets explaining that one of those trips was secret, so through this letter Trump just endangered the life of the Speaker of the House? That really seems like the kind of thing that should warrant a real response, as opposed to just words and media coverage.
    I don't know about the second half, but Trump can, at least, keep Pelosi from using military aircraft to travel, which is a common, if not standard, procedure for Federal level politicians. Since Trump is the military Commander in Chief, he has the power to say what military craft get used for.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Apparently it's okay when the president chooses to ignore when he visits the troops but when the Speaker of The House and the rest of congress wish to do so it's wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I've grown less and less inclined to believe we were ever actually going to get actual impeachment proceedings and more and more towards us limping this thing out until 2020, but this story shifts the needle back: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...-investigation

If it's true--and let's face it, super-likely--and if Mueller has the kinds of receipts noted--again, likely--this will be the Nixon Tapes moment.

Of course, the question is really when the hell Mueller actually puts all this out there.

Every time Mueller uncovers a crime, there's two new crimes hiding behind it. This is actually playing Trump 5D chess and he's WINNING!!!!

*if you liked this analysis and want Trump IMPEACHED!!! please donate to

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    I've grown less and less inclined to believe we were ever actually going to get actual impeachment proceedings and more and more towards us limping this thing out until 2020, but this story shifts the needle back: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...-investigation

If it's true--and let's face it, super-likely--and if Mueller has the kinds of receipts noted--again, likely--this will be the Nixon Tapes moment.

Of course, the question is really when the hell Mueller actually puts all this out there.
    In case you (somehow) missed it, this was the extremely rare case where the Special Counsel publicly challenged the accuracy of the story [I believe they did something similar with the McLatchy reporting on Cohen and Prague to, of all places, the Daily Caller]. It's possible to parse through a lot of their challenge and still come away with a mostly accurate story, but it really should sit in one of those "wait on it" categories for now.

I've got mixed feelings on that.

I'm all for a woman running, we're due for a female president, and the ones stepping up are all awesome, Kamala in particular is great, she's way smarter than I am and has kicked ass every time I've seen her. The only guy on the radar I like so far is Beto who nearly won Texas as a democrat. Let the best most qualified most popular candidate win. And a woman beating Trump would be delicious.

But I kinda want a straight white guy in his 40's with a "normal" name on the head of the ticket purely to shut out the entire sexist racist idiot crowd right now when we're in the nightmare scenario. Just take that one extra minor factor out of play. Yeah the racists will still be behind Trump, but not exlude the other candidate for being "other."

I don't think Trump would squeak through another win given how awful he's done so far that he's lost all the middleground support he had, but he had no chance in hell last time either.

Of course, Trump being on the ticket in 2020 might not even be a thing for a whole variety of reasons.

So I dunno. I'm all for Kamala, but that name, that gender, that skin color, are all gonna be against her. Of course, we elected Barrack Hussein Obama, so the country isn't completely hopeless. Just against Trump specifically.... I dunno. Be super validating for a brown woman with a foreign name to be the one that beats him though.
    Last edited by Robby; January 21st, 2019 at 04:35 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information