+ Reply to Thread
Page 841 of 841 FirstFirst ... 341 741 791 831 839 840 841
Results 16,801 to 16,808 of 16808

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Your problem is that you're actually thinking about the message instead of just mindlessly regurgitating it as intended.
    Complicating things since 2009.

The question is how many of these guns are lawful and how many are obtained outside the law.

Look, over 2/3 of the gun violence was done with legally obtained weapons: https://www.statista.com/statistics/...oters-weapons/

We have a saying in my family, thieves aren't made by need but by opportunity. Same with most crimes actually.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

The site hides it's sources, so it is just a chart. But just because someone would go to the mall, get an assault riffle, train somewhat openly, and go do a domestic terrorist attack doesn't mean that they could go to the deep web, avoid undercover agents, purchase a shody attack riffle, or a lower calibre gun, practice with it covertly, have to go and buy bullets, and do a domestic terrorist attack.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Default Re: What The Fuck Just Happened Today? Day 785: Dangerous and reckless

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    So I was on Youtube and the new zeland prime minister said they were gonna make gun laws stricter so that criminals can't do such henious acts and then saw the comment section filled with people saying "Criminals don't listen to gun laws this only hurts regular people"

Am I the only one who has never understood this argument, criminals don't listen to any laws they break, that's what makes them criminals in the first place!
    No

It's just one of the many tired arguments you see people make in light of an unfortunate circumstance that offers up an inconvenient truth.

Like people who argue Islam is a dangerous religion....then shit like this happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I just don't get that argument, because no matter what stricter gun laws will stop some of these mass shootings from happening (and lets be honest here, a lot of these mass shootings are not done by seasoned criminals who would know their way around the black market to get guns they can't legally obtain). Is that not enough? Are the lives lost in even one mass shooting not worth enough to implement reasonable gun control laws?

The other counter argument is the use these people give to the guns on their daily lives, while a rural gun owner here I'd believe that he needs to keep wolves and boars out, I still wouldn't want that thing outside their property.

Using a gun for safety in a city, without training like every day is mostly useles or only serves to intimidate.

Also, the first chain in the supply chain for guns is stealing them from lawful gun owners. Maybe if they were less, or had a way to track their weapons mandated by the law...
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Envy View Post
    I just don't get that argument, because no matter what stricter gun laws will stop some of these mass shootings from happening (and lets be honest here, a lot of these mass shootings are not done by seasoned criminals who would know their way around the black market to get guns they can't legally obtain). Is that not enough? Are the lives lost in even one mass shooting not worth enough to implement reasonable gun control laws?
    Sadly, there's too many Pro-gun forces in the U.S for that too happen. We're going to need more of these incidents in every major city that features prominent GOP voters for any real changes to happen. At least, that's how it feels sometimes.

I, for one, would just like to see more public research on the subject, and the end to that CDC gun violence ban (though I hear it did technically end, though I think no one is researching it). The answers seems obvious, but we have so many guns in this country that even I don't think a ban would solve the issue. Help it, but not solve it. I would just like to see more people working on this in Washington rather than none at all.

Easing the mood somewhat to demonstrate another perfect example of the GOP engaging in blatant hypocrisy

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/03/sco...-irish-drunks/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Envy View Post
    Unfortunately your argument is just too logical for some people.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information