+ Reply to Thread
Page 887 of 887 FirstFirst ... 387 787 837 877 885 886 887
Results 17,721 to 17,738 of 17738

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

The pessimist in me says as long as it looks like he's pretending to be doing something, that's all that's needed for people to vote for him again.

Quote Originally Posted by genocyber View Post
    The pessimist in me says as long as it looks like he's pretending to be doing something, that's all that's needed for people to vote for him again.
    There's a percentage of people in the u.s who will vote for trumpy no matter what. They're burning the house down with them inside, but as long as it hurts the libs too they don't care.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

He seems more and more panicked acting lately which makes me think the White House has internal polling that looks even worse for him than the recent awful Fox polls.
    Complicating things since 2009.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nat...234095947.html

Imagine what type of filth you have to be to do something so horrible that senior Democrats are considering action against Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    He seems more and more panicked acting lately which makes me think the White House has internal polling that looks even worse for him than the recent awful Fox polls.
    I'd be shocked if he even paid attention to those.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nat...234095947.html

Imagine what type of filth you have to be to do something so horrible that senior Democrats are considering action against Israel.
    Won't consider any action when they kill unarmed civilians or when they keep stealing land that isn't their's.

But this is the straw that breaks the camel's back.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

So the stuff in Portland today helps no side out. Proud Boys and "Antifa" both going at odds. Video are coming up of people dressed in Antifa gear attacking a bus full of Proud Boys/white nationalists, including one throwing a hammer at them while some others urged him not to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

There's so much coverage of these protests, I can never make out if they're the real picture. It just seems like both sides pick scene that support their argument and broadcast them. It's annoying, because the argument over which side is wrong should end when you notice which one has the damn white nationalists.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    I'd be shocked if he even paid attention to those.
    I'd be shocked if he didn't. Man is all ego, how popular he is, is the ONLY thing he cares about.

See how he bragged about his tiny inauguration crowd or keeps insisting his latest tour is sold out seating event though there's clearly lots of empty seats around him.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    For context, the headline if the article reads "Trump's speech at a Shell plant drew thousands of workers. They were paid overtime to be there" and likely (can't be sure due to the WaPo paywall) is about how the plant workers were given the choice of attend the speech without lunch or take an excused, but unpaid, day off.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Isn't that exactly what Ceausescu used to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    I'd be shocked if he didn't. Man is all ego, how popular he is, is the ONLY thing he cares about.

See how he bragged about his tiny inauguration crowd or keeps insisting his latest tour is sold out seating event though there's clearly lots of empty seats around him.
    True but this is a guy who won't even listen to the people whose job it is to inform of certain things.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    True but this is a guy who won't even listen to the people whose job it is to inform of certain things.
    Ah, but THIS thing concerns HIM, as opposed to other people.

And more crucially, concerns the fact he might not be immune to prosecution in 17 months.

Like, he HAS to quit under the promise that Pence pardons him. Because a Dem president following him probably won't. Except his ego won't let him do that.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

If Trump loses the election, he will probably resign and be pardoned in the transition period.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    If Trump loses the election, he will probably resign and be pardoned in the transition period.
    Pardoned by who?

Pence, who would still be VP at that point.

Kaiolino is saying that if Trump is declared the loser on November 4th or 5th (Which I am very sad to say I doubt will happen...)

He's saying That day he will resign, meaning that Pence becomes President from November 4th-January 19th. While Pence is President in that window, he pardon's Trump.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

He'd try to pardon himself first; there's nothing in Trump's history that remotely indicates he'd trust another person to honor a deal.
    Complicating things since 2009.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information