+ Reply to Thread
Page 948 of 948 FirstFirst ... 448 848 898 938 946 947 948
Results 18,941 to 18,949 of 18949

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    5 out of 58 is like 8%. Not that much lower.

Also, if you do that you have to take into account "president who lost the popular vote the first time then won it the second" as Bush II did.
    \
    Uuh yea, but Bush did the 2nd by popular vote, would Trump really pull that off??

Besides, pretty much still a rare thing to win by electoral college. Trump cant beat statistics.

The undecided voter asks only two questions when deciding whether to re-elect an incumbent.

1. Did the world blow up?
    2. Is the economy bad?

If the answer to both those questions is "No", then they'll vote for the incumbent.

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    Sanders and Warren got into a kerfuffle because it came out through one of their campaigns that Sanders to Warren once that a woman would have a hard time becoming President. Warren has tried to be diplomatic while Sanders went full denial. The last debate ended, I've heard, with Warren commenting to Sanders that he called her a liar on national TV.
    I like how the validity of the accusation isn't even questioned for a second. Oh someone called Bernie sexist without any evidence or witnesses again. Well guess it's that time again; he's a dirty sexist. Probably racist too.
    It's not so much that it came out through one of the campaigns; Bernie and Warren had a conversation a while ago as they often do. No one was there except them. And only now Warren is suddenly outraged that he allegedly said this (even though he's been saying the opposite since before most of us were alive) right before the first states will vote and her polling poorly, thus necessitating her campaign to make a bold move to have a chance at winning. At least be a little sceptical guys. Innocent untill proven guilty and all that.

Back on topic: sadly I also have to agree on predicting that Trump will win. Incumbents always have a big advantage. It's exceedingly rare for an incument president not to win a second term. It's also most likely that Biden will win the primary as he is seen as the frontrunner and the safest choice to beat trump. It will then be very much like 2016; the democrat running as a centrist who doesn't inspire large voter turnout, this time with insane gaffes to boot. The low voter turnout will allow Trump's loyal base and the electoral college to carry him to victory again. I hope I'm wrong of course but I don't want to set myself up for disappointment.
    Last edited by DoctorPhil; January 17th, 2020 at 03:18 PM.

5 out of 58 is like 8%. Not that much lower.

Also, if you do that you have to take into account "president who lost the popular vote the first time then won it the second" as Bush II did.
    \
    Pretty easy to win the popular vote when you're opponent is bland and you have half the country drinking your kool-aid and pro america bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Pretty easy to win the popular vote when you're opponent is bland and you have half the country drinking your kool-aid and pro america bullshit.
    Well, Trump somehow has the second half of that down already. Somehow. So...
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Trump does has a bad habit of screwing up and getting into controversies, some intentional and some not.

Case in point, he's already tweeted in support of that gun rights rally in coming up in Virginia. While nothing might happen at that rally, considering history one would think it'd be smarter to not tempt fate.

Well, Trump somehow has the second half of that down already. Somehow. So...
    And yet he'll still lose the popular vote and bitch.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

\
    Trump doesn't have Osama bin Laden to come out and campaign for him like Bush did though; security was a major issue for late deciding voters.

George the Lesser is the only President to have been re-elected after first winning via electoral college only.
    Complicating things since 2009.

after first winning via electoral college only.
    That's what happened?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information