+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 852: The Germa Failure

Default Re: Chapter 852: The Germa Failure

a little too clean of a resolution IMHO... oh the bracelets are fake, oh they are not really going to attack zeff, oh germa will die too,oh luffy is free now and jinbe just said fuck it.... You would think that if it was that simple, the whole wheel was a bit pointless.

don't know, seems like there was another big arc ready to start and it got cut, and be got the last 3 chapters instead

Quote Originally Posted by Knaxern View Post
    Lolz, another break next week. Disgraceful.

And for god sake, fix that damn tooth.

Excellent chapter.
    You understand that this is the first personal break Oda's taken in ages, right? And that we got the last chapter waaaay early.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Luffy_Roja View Post
    Don't forget that other guests are invited to the Tea Party. We have not yet seen all the guests so far, might be someone of immense power to support luffy.
    there is no ceremony, probably there are no guest either... it would be foolish for big mom to let everyone know she is untrustworthy

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Empathy would definitely be the better fit, based on what we've been shown. Whether it's more accurate to the original dialogue is another matter entirely, but in either case empathy is what I'd rather see in Viz's version.

Speaking of the modifications though, I'm curious for more on how Reiju's actually works. Where's the line she can't cross, if she can knowingly switch out Sanji's cuffs and allow Big Mom to slaughter the family?
    If Judge ordered her "to put the cuffs on Sanji", she could interpret it as a verbal loophole and use regular cuffs.

Thank you. Nice chapter
    "Happily ever after is so once upon a time"

Luffy is already acting without thinking. Will Mama really be able to see her wedding tomorrow ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    a little too clean of a resolution IMHO... oh the bracelets are fake, oh they are not really going to attack zeff, oh germa will die too,oh luffy is free now and jinbe just said fuck it.... You would think that if it was that simple, the whole wheel was a bit pointless.

don't know, seems like there was another big arc ready to start and it got cut, and be got the last 3 chapters instead
    It's not over til it's over. The wedding is still more than twelve hours away, and even if Reiju has given up, Judge and the others will go down swinging at the very least. The imminent fall of Germa resolving the hostage situation is obvious and expected though. How else could they be protect if not by the people ordering the hit being removed from the picture?

The cuffs are a little cheap though, definitely. I want to know more about Reiju's modification, just to justify her getting away with that.

Anyone noticed the guy with a crocodile tail at the end? That was fucking weird.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Way too exposition heavy and as Maju said, it's kind of bothersome that all the problems were just solved with a finger snap. Honestly my least favorite chapter in quite some time. The whole emotions thing as you guys said, is definetly the result of a bad translation. I guess we can hope for Sanji going on a RAMPAGEEEEEEE next chap. (....in two weeks :'( )

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post

Well to me it was obvious from the begining that the BigMom arc wouldnt take too long and solved fast. Its just the half crew there, you couldnt expect more. Luffy visits BigMoms castle, you get an idea of her crew, thats it. The best is propably that Sanjis past and his behaviour has been explained. We can tick that off, too.

I expect much more when they reunite. Then we get to the core.

Empathy would definitely be the better fit, based on what we've been shown. Whether it's more accurate to the original dialogue is another matter entirely, but in either case empathy is what I'd rather see in Viz's version.

Speaking of the modifications though, I'm curious for more on how Reiju's actually works. Where's the line she can't cross, if she can knowingly switch out Sanji's cuffs and allow Big Mom to slaughter the family?
    I imagine Reiju has gotten rather good at obeying the literal words of Judge's orders while also looking for loopholes. We never saw the scene where Judge instructs her to cuff him with exploding handcuffs, so unless he was very explicit about an exact pair it's likely she had room to swap them at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    If Judge ordered her "to put the cuffs on Sanji", she could interpret it as a verbal loophole and use regular cuffs.
    True. Or, given her status, it could be that she was trusted to just take care of him without being given direct orders. She's been a dutiful and proactive member of the family long enough she wouldn't need to be told outright what to do very often.

Luffy will be stopped somehow. Because I can't see Wedding ceremony gets cancelled. We've been waiting for big mom's tea party for years.

Better getting the information all in one go than at the end of the arc. When the Germa starts acting, there will be less backstory to cover.

But yeah, I didn't really felt excited learning about Sola.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by tonyohoho View Post
    Luffy will be stopped somehow. Because I can't see Wedding ceremony gets cancelled. We've been waiting for big mom's tea party for years.
    Imagine the backlash if it never happens. Imagine if the Tamate Box is never opened. The anticipation over whoever's hands it falls into next will be incredible.

Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Am I the only one who liked this chapter?
    The only thing that bothers me here is the fact that most of the uniquely designed executives of the Big Mom pirates get defeated rather quickly, I can't be the only one disappointed to see Opera who had a unique DF confirmed to be unconscious and to see the other pirate who used CoA Haki on Luffy before capturing him defeated off-screen. Also, I would like more elaboration on Sora, I hope we're not done with her yet.
    I think she is modified to follow direct orders similar to Germa soldiers, maybe it's just simple direct commands like "wall" or "attack", but I'm sure it's limited to Judge, otherwise she wouldn't freely attack Yonji back when we first met her.

The whole meaning of 'stealth mission' for Luffy is a little bit .. how can I say it .. stretched
    "I'm simply an accident. Why take it all so seriously?"

So, Reiju is the less impressive kid, what a surprise -_- she is not modified from birth like Ichi/Ni/Yonji, nor is the great human born to balance it like Sanji. She is just halfassedly between those two opposites. Obviously...

Still, a good chapter. This arc is finally starting to pick my interest again. Loved the cover too.

FC 0147-0584-2654

Not firelord ozai or zuko firelord111's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fraco View Post
    The whole meaning of 'stealth mission' for Luffy is a little bit .. how can I say it .. stretched
    Reminds me when i fuck up in the stealth games and go rampage and attack everyone

By fire be purged

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information