+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 852: The Germa Failure

Default Re: Chapter 852: The Germa Failure

Yeah....somehow the situation will be solved on the wedding ceremony tomorrow.
    It will be way too anticlimatic if they escape as they are.
    Plus many hanging plot elements.
    Pekom's fate,Capone's plot,the tea party that we heard for years...and no way is sanji going to let his sister die like this,especially when his kindness is mentioned again and again.
    Oh..and Brook is locked up in the 4th floor with Big Mom.
    Maybe Luffy reunites with Sanji,gets fed by him,make a plan about saving Raiju and then Luffy retreats in the mirror world for recovering for the next day.

Robin is extremely cute as an artist. Loving the fact that she painted a fusion of herself and Chopper and refused to sell the painting to that croc guy with a suitcase.

Reiju is a superwoman. Beautiful, strong, intelligent, level-headed and down-to-earth. Her explanations are concise but precise. The game-changer of this arc.

I disagree with her attitude towards her imminent future though and how she doesn´t fight for a change but rather accepts her fate. This is very close to Sanji´s behavior, but with different motivation. He sees himself in a hopeless situation and grasped at straws to sacrifice himself for others, she thinks she´s evil and doesn´t deserve to live.

I´m expecting a shift in both of their views and putting their lives on the line to free themselves.

The part about "emotion", I understand it as compassion. The 3 evil bros are not emotionless, they were just made to be merciless war machines.

Book prison break! Jimbei saving Luffy and Nami by burning the books including Nami´s clothes was hot. Umm why did she change into a weird nipple-dress though?

Anyway, Luffy´s back in the game! Let´s get this party started!
    Last edited by Nubtro; January 12th, 2017 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    So, Reiju is the less impressive kid, what a surprise -_- she is not modified from birth like Ichi/Ni/Yonji, nor is the great human born to balance it like Sanji. She is just halfassedly between those two opposites. Obviously...

Still, a good chapter. This arc is finally starting to pick my interest again. Loved the cover too.
    she is completely modified,just not stripped of her empathy like the rest..those modifications and the stripping of their "emotions" were 2 different processes

reiju got the body modification but not the emotion stuff
    yonji,ichiji and niji got both
    sanji got neither thanks to the drug his mother took

Quote Originally Posted by Nubtro View Post
    Anyway, Luffy´s back in the game! Let´s get this party started!
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

+ Capone will betray Bigmum next chapter by killing one of her important executives.
    + Germa will somehow escape alive and forget about Sanji for a while. (Sanji might for once, tie and use Pudding to get rid of all memories his father and brothers has about him, except Reiju)
    + Sanji's brothers are gonna take care of an executive or two. Its crazy but I think This arc is mama's last arc. Luffy's going to deal with her because shes not gonna spare fishman island nor Zeff.
    + GIN Appearance.
    + By the end of this Arc, Luffy becomes Yonkou.

Ore wa LUFFY !! Kaizoku-ō ni naru otoko da!
    BEST AMV EVER

As for as the wheel thing I think it's totally in character for Jinbe to withdraw his request to leave Big Mom's crew on the pretense of not having to spin the death wheel only to rebel anyway once he's in the clear of that bs. Oda has shown us time and time and again how much of a keen thinker Jinbe is, think about the escape from Impel Down, capturing the marine battleship in particular, Fishman Plaza and the whole making up a scheme so they could paint the Strawhats defeat of the New Fishman Pirates in a heroic light. Jinbe's no fool is my point , I scarcely believe he would leave Big Mom's crew on her most unreasonable terms which I'm sure he's all too familiar with.

Oda could change his mind and add in a subplot of Jinbe having years taken off his life span and hiding it from the crew until it becomes a health risk later in the story I suppose. But what purpose would it serve in the immediate future that's not already being explored through Pedro's character arc? I think as it stands Oda is just tired of beating around the bush with Jinbe joining the rest of the guys ( & gals) so he wont make an already complicated situation anymore than it has to be.

As the blue goomba himself says "There's no going back now!" "Wahahaha"

Also love how Oda's added alittle more personality to Jinbe, I'm glad he seems to find amusement in how cynical he can be if he so chooses.
    Last edited by Blowfish; January 12th, 2017 at 04:31 AM.

"The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terror"

Quote Originally Posted by DEE JAY View Post
    + Capone will betray Bigmum next chapter by killing one of her important executives.
    + Germa will somehow escape alive and forget about Sanji for a while. (Sanji might for once, tie and use Pudding to get rid of all memories his father and brothers has about him, except Reiju)
    + Sanji's brothers are gonna take care of an executive or two. Its crazy but I think This arc is mama's last arc. Luffy's going to deal with her because shes not gonna spare fishman island nor Zeff.
    + GIN Appearance.
    + By the end of this Arc, Luffy becomes Yonkou.
    http://www.apforums.net/showthread.php?t=13350
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Really? SHUT UP.

Ore wa LUFFY !! Kaizoku-ō ni naru otoko da!
    BEST AMV EVER

Sanji is so lame and is almost entering into the dangerous territory of Rebecca level patheticness and hopelessness. Its as if he is a new comer in the crew and does not remember his identity,memory since the start of the series. As soon as knowing about the fake bracelets and the bluff of killing Zeff he should be getting his sorry ass and go feed luffy at the earliest and start kicking some ass if he even has/remembers an iota of his personality.

For Reiju trying her best to force him to gtfo and for him to remain in a pussy depressed mindset is so garbage to watch. Where is Mr Prince the badass cook and the person who is gonna be the most troublesome among the strawhats?

Also this story writing of father/mother/brother sacrificing or saving their family member as we saw in Nami,Robin,Law,Ace,Rebecca, is getting so monotonous in the series and sometimes you wonder and worry if the story is losing its essence because One Piece world is so huge and wonderful and then you get a feeling its getting so monotonous is a really repealing thought.

Here's Hoping Goda redeems Sanji in a big and badass fkin way in the coming chapter and he also better apologize to luffy for his pathetic conduct up to this point.

I still love One Piece and always will.
    Last edited by BlaZing; January 12th, 2017 at 05:00 AM.
    Admiral Maynard, feel the pain of Sabo and Issho's victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainyz View Post
    Am I the only one who liked this chapter?
    The only thing that bothers me here is the fact that most of the uniquely designed executives of the Big Mom pirates get defeated rather quickly, I can't be the only one disappointed to see Opera who had a unique DF confirmed to be unconscious and to see the other pirate who used CoA Haki on Luffy before capturing him defeated off-screen. Also, I would like more elaboration on Sora, I hope we're not done with her yet.

I think she is modified to follow direct orders similar to Germa soldiers, maybe it's just simple direct commands like "wall" or "attack", but I'm sure it's limited to Judge, otherwise she wouldn't freely attack Yonji back when we first met her.
    I'd forgotten the wall command actually. I'd assumed at the time that it was all indoctrinated obedience, but knowing what we know now about Germa modifications...

Does Luffy even know where he's going? I don't think he has an idea of where Sanji is and is just running around looking for him.

And again, there is a mirror in Reiju's room. Oda really puts them everywhere since there is a mirrorworld around.
    Also classic fairy tale: mirror mirror in the wall. The fact that Bropper and carrot Need to ask the mirrors is a nod to snow white's bad queen/witch.
    My imagination of Franky's (future) masterpiece: Sunny-Shogun

Quote Originally Posted by DEE JAY View Post
    Really? SHUT UP.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    The wording on page 13 is interesting here: "These are emotions that he must not have!"

Implying, on the topic of the Vinsmoke kids showing plenty of emotion to date, that it was specific feelings that were engineered out of them. So we can either assume that "emotion" was meant to be interpreted as "empathy," or that it meant specifically feelings of pity, sympathy and remorse. Or we can take the translations we have at face value and try to ignore the discrepancy.

Sora is amazing... damn it this story touched me... And now I'm really curious what Sanji will do... Simply letting the Vismokes die (which they should) won't bea n option after hearing that his mother has given her life dor him having a heart... I doubt if would be in her sake to let them die.

Still curious of course if Sora is related to the Sora story...

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    And again, there is a mirror in Reiju's room. Oda really puts them everywhere since there is a mirrorworld around.
    Also classic fairy tale: mirror mirror in the wall. The fact that Bropper and carrot Need to ask the mirrors is a nod to snow white's bad queen/witch.
    Interesting. Oda didn't draw them in the prison or in the poneglyph room so it is certainly will have its purpose

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    So, Reiju is the less impressive kid, what a surprise -_- she is not modified from birth like Ichi/Ni/Yonji, nor is the great human born to balance it like Sanji. She is just halfassedly between those two opposites. Obviously...

Still, a good chapter. This arc is finally starting to pick my interest again. Loved the cover too.
    Well it's basically equivalent to your first kid being your "experiment" in terms of how you raise them, though in Judge's case of course it was all about scientific progress. Reiju had obedience but still had empathy, so Judge improved upon the formula with his next four sons.

Spoiler:

Sola...Sora. Could be daughter of sora, got together with judge and she died, sora blamed judge and that's why they enemies in the comic strip? Also, sora could be vegapunk.

Anyway, this arc can go anywhere. I wonder why potato starch still wasn't introduced. Name drop- introduction distance is way longer then for smoothie or cracker.

Not firelord ozai or zuko firelord111's Avatar

Im curious What does judge have against emotions

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Where did nami get the new clothes from where did she change it

By fire be purged

Discovered Stowaway Big Black Hole's Avatar

So far, the Totland Arc has been in my opinion on par with Zou as the best arc after the time skip. The setting has been unique and freaky, Big Mom is a very interesting character with a beautifully crafted set of morals, we had a good twist with Pudding and there's still a feeling of uncertainness how this arc will be resolved with many questions still open.

What Oda did now regarding the handcuffs won't take away my enjoyment of the arc, but it maybe will leave a mark on it.

The main problem I have with this is the casual "Oh-and-by-the-way"-style in which it was revealed. I think Oda took a wrong narrative choice in here, especially in conjunction with Reiju's encouraging words. It would have been a superior option in my opinion to let Sanji hang a little bit longer in his personal Trauma Conga Line. Would have kept the reader guessing in a positive way, instead of sacrificing the grim outlook we had at the end of 851 for a quick solution. The general tone, especially of the end, is far too enthusiastic. It just drains away some of the tension. This is all the more disappointing because this arc had some interesting choices especially regarding the outline. Up to this point, Oda managed to keep alive a mysterious tone, some kind of a big question mark how all this will eventually be resolved. For instance, we won't have something like this in Wano. The moment we set foot in Wano we will know, that even if Wano will be even longer than Dressrosa, the Beast Pirates will finally be defeated in a huge battle. The general outline will be clear from the bginning. This is something which is at least a little bit different in this arc. It would have been in the reader's interest IMO to keep us guessing about as much as possible for as long as possible. If the handcuffs are fake (taking away some of the threat level) and Reiju being Sanji's "Ray of light" again, why not reveal it only at the height of the wedding?

And now I feel a little bit like a professional nagger. Am I too harsh?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information