+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 852: The Germa Failure

Default Chapter 852: The Germa Failure

http://mangastream.com/r/one_piece/852/3939/1
    https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/...n/0/852/page/1

Quote Originally Posted by BellisarioFaith View Post
    Sorry it's later today, but here's the VIZ comparisons!
    • The doctor states that he's going to be in the medical office on the 4th floor, not another infirmary there. Also, after the chess soldier thanks the doctor, he tells him to be careful not to fall asleep, instead of to just be careful.
    • Reiju says "my leg" (singular), and after saying the stuff about the soldiers yelling about an infiltrator, instead of "And I got caught up in all of that?" she says, "And then...I got attacked, I suppose?" Sanji then notes about this, "Doesn't add up, does it? Feels strangely piecemeal? That's because your memories were replaced. I'll tell you what really happened."
    • While in MS Nami notes Jimbei's "unfinished business" and Jimbei notes he "just took care of it", in VIZ she instead refers to it as his "position to uphold" and Jimbei instead states that they "just saw [him] abandon it."
    • Reiju's response after Sanji notes they'll kill her too if she lets things play out: "Really? You're worried about me? This is the problem with lasting impressions. I do one tiny favor for you, and you imagine you owe me some great debt over the years. Well, stop that."
    • The mom is called "Sora" instead of "Sola", is clarified to have taken "pills" (plural) where MS just said "drug", and instead of Judge demanding, "What the hell are you doing?!", he says "What have you done?!"
    • Instead of "As if medicine could change the blueprints . . ." (which sounded weird, making it sound like he was talking about Sora's pills), the guy with Judge says, "Have no fear, we can change the blueprints of the human body with chemicals!"
    • Rather than Sora saying Sanji's the "best kid" in the world (which seems a little insensitive to say with her little daughter right there), she says he's the "sweetest boy" in the world.
    • Reiju's words about Sanji: "Of course you're not a failure. Mother gave her life in resistance to protect you and the emotions you were born with. That's what you stand for, Sanji!"
    • In MS, Reiju notes that their father and brothers deserve to die, that they're a bunch of murderers. In VIZ, she includes herself in this as well, saying "we're" a band of murderers. Sanji's subsequent words about Reiju dying with them are a little different: "But why you? Why do you have to die?!"
    Last edited by Piitan; January 19th, 2017 at 04:11 AM.

Default Re: Chapter 852: The Germa Failure

A lot less worse than I thought from the spoilers.

Still hope this doesn't lead to the brothers being good so soon.

Yeah, nothing unexpected happened, we're just one step closer to the reunion.

I am triggered by Sanji smoking in a hospital area.

Quote Originally Posted by Melker View Post
    I am triggered by Sanji smoking in a hospital area.
    Pirates don't follow the rules...though Chopper should chew him out for that.

Favorite quote of year already "any other excuses for why you refuse to leave the island?" huh Sanji-san?
    THAT *PIRATE ALLIANCE*!! THE HEAVENLY YAKSHA HAS DEFEATED DOFLAMINGO ~~~~!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
    A lot less worse than I thought from the spoilers.

Still hope this doesn't lead to the brothers being good so soon.
    What ever suggested that might happen?

Great chapter. The tide is turning. I can't wait to find out how Oda gets our heroes out of this one. Nice to fully understand Reiju, although it comes with the burden of knowing she probably won't be living happily ever after.

I want Luffy to steal Germa tech and fix his tooth, can't get used to it.

Also, as Blowfish pointed out in the Nakama thread, did Jimbe just say he took her of his business with Big Mom?

Not firelord ozai or zuko firelord111's Avatar

Luffy still doesnt have the tooth
    By fire be purged

Quote Originally Posted by Thatanas View Post
    I want Luffy to steal Germa tech and fix his tooth, can't get used to it.
    Nah. I think Sanji has a secret cooking recipe to grow back a losing tooth.

Jimbei and Reiju, the real MVPs of this chap. I love how Jimbei just said f*ck it, I'm done with them.

Also, I can't describe how awesome the cover with Robin is!
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Really a great chapter, I was really moved by Reiju's will to let herself be sacrificed and her unforgiving views on Germa.
    Had there been two more chapters in 2016, this one would have been the perfect conclusion to the year of Sanji. At last he's out of this pit of wallowing self-despair !

I wonder whether or not "emotion" is going to be the word in the official translation... since they've all shown emotion.
    One Piece characters exploring outside options when One Piece is on break...

Don't forget that other guests are invited to the Tea Party. We have not yet seen all the guests so far, might be someone of immense power to support luffy.
    Fire is hot, so are ladies. Sorry Sanji lovers, a mera mera no mi lady will join and melt his heart

Quote Originally Posted by El_Luffy_Roja View Post
    Don't forget that other guests are invited to the Tea Party. We have not yet seen all the guests so far, might be someone of immense power to support luffy.
    But that would feel like a cheap deus ex machina. So far the arc has been about SHs, Big Mom, Vinsmokes and the two wild cards Capone and the bomb.

Lolz, another break next week. Disgraceful.

And for god sake, fix that damn tooth.

Excellent chapter.

Yea , I'm honestly starting to wonder if Oda wants to give Luffy a gold filling just to drive the parallels with Blackbeard even further.

"The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terror"

Quote Originally Posted by Psycrow View Post
    I wonder whether or not "emotion" is going to be the word in the official translation... since they've all shown emotion.
    Sociopaths can show emotions. Doesn't mean they're real.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycrow View Post
    Empathy would definitely be the better fit, based on what we've been shown. Whether it's more accurate to the original dialogue is another matter entirely, but in either case empathy is what I'd rather see in Viz's version.

Speaking of the modifications though, I'm curious for more on how Reiju's actually works. Where's the line she can't cross, if she can knowingly switch out Sanji's cuffs and allow Big Mom to slaughter the family?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information