+ Reply to Thread
Page 177 of 177 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 175 176 177
Results 3,521 to 3,536 of 3536

Thread: Dragonball Discussion Kai: Last Time, on Dragonball Discussion Z

Default Re: Dragonball Discussion Kai: Last Time, on Dragonball Discussion Z

I forgot Broly had so much stuff. So the hype behind Broly is like people hyping up the DB manga to me. lol.

Yep. The final 10 minutes make the whole Bardock special good - he's weak and morally terrible, but he cares about his team and Freeza is really overwhelmingly powerful, so it works. The dragging took it down a notch to me, but I think it's still good.
    Last edited by Kizuchan; February 21st, 2018 at 11:02 PM.

You know, Cooler gets a lot of hate for being Freeza 2.0 but at least his film basically gave us the Mecha-Freeza/King Cold fight we never got to see in DBZ proper. That need has since been super(HA)seded but, at the time his film came out, at least there was a reason for him.

Broly wasn't good or necessary from the start; even back when they first introduced him during the Death of Superman story. One of the most unforgivable things done by the franchise was setting up what could have been a goofy DB-throwback comedy film with Android 18, Goten, and Trunks and then turning it into more Broly.
    Complicating things since 2009.

As a kid, I always liked Cooler's first movie because it actually could fit in continuity(in the 3 years training after Trunks came).

Personally, I blame all the Becket magazines for getting me locked on things like continuity from a young age. My 8 year old self could understand that something like Dead Zone did not fit in anywhere. But reading some of the in depth articles in the becket magazines just validated my concerns about where things fit. Cooler's was the one I always thought could have actually happened.

Of course, the guy writing all of those in depth articles about Dragon ball filler and continuity in the magazine would turn out to be Greg, so i guess it all comes full circle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Finally read the English translation for Super Chapter 33.

Yeah, another chapter I genuinely liked. Hopefully it'll continue in the same spirit. It has the anime as a blueprint. It should.

But it's basically almost word to word the same as the anime. People keep saying Jiren is somehow more of a villain in the anime and not really. It's exactly as Vegeta describes. He's unapproachable, kind of cold and harsh. But he's not a "bad guy". That's like the most interesting thing about him.

I think manga Jiren is written better.

There's the one page where Toppo convinces him to join the tournament, to not let their universe - and innocents - die. But Jiren refuses, with the logic that he would only bringing the demise of other innocents through proxy/fighting.

I get the feeling that's why Jiren simply didn't do anything for the longest time. Not only did he see the opponents as weak (which we see him say and the series shows through him going back to meditating), but he acted only when another fighter approached him or threatened him. He mostly kept them in, too, at first. So his tactics were to clean house at the end, only when absolutely necessary.

The problem is that the story never directly explains it.

The manga made it more apparent. Too bad Jiren was never a character I was curious about. Everything U6 and U7, Ultra Instinct, Freeza, Toppo and maybe even the angels' and the Grand Priest's possible motives and the finale were much more interesting in terms of plot threads to begin with.

But I take what I can get and expanding on Jiren is a good move.
    Last edited by Kizuchan; February 22nd, 2018 at 06:26 AM.

Jiren was in the public eye ever since that mysterious cloaked shot in the ad, then the opening itself.

He really should've been developed a bit more, but I guess it's not too late for Toyotaro.

That is entirely true, too. He is the supposed main antagonist since the start, so he probably should've gotten more focus to begin with (there's still a few eps left so I do expect more details). Maybe it's his design that made me kind of write him off from the start. I guessed he'd be a Cell type of a character to act as a wall and that's exactly what I got.

I've figured since start the real intention of this arc is just to explore the main cast and their relationships to one another some more and I've gotten that, too. Before the ending was announced, I felt this would be an excellent way to get all the characters spelled out and defined again, something I thought Super desperately needed. It's still a very good spring-off point in case it hopefully does get continued.
    Last edited by Kizuchan; February 22nd, 2018 at 06:39 AM.

If Super returns, I would really want them to shake it up, like teen Trunks/Goten, 4 year old Pan, EoZ kind of stuff. There's a LOT of potential to have with them, Bra and Uub too.

Yes, exactly this. I'm almost instantly invested in Pan because of how cute and rascal-y she is as a baby. The writers of GT recently even admitted she was just there to be saved by Goku. I think out of all the things GT wasted it was probably her character and the Shadow Dragons concept.

Goku in a mentor role is a cool idea, too. It's something I don't think we've seen him be very good at?
    Last edited by Kizuchan; February 22nd, 2018 at 07:12 AM.

As someone who's enjoying Fighterz quite a bit, the leaked dlc roster is. . .really, really meh.

Never liked Broly, and Bardock is ok. . .but c'mon. I feel like the "original" series has enough material to work with before going the movie/specials/wathever route, but I guess insane popularity is insane popularity (though, really, explain Base Goku and Base Vegita, even if I've always liked Base Goku much more than SS Goku. . .).

If I were to make the dlc list, I guess sales wouldn't be as hot. I'd go straight for Roshi, Tao Pai Pai, General Blue, Kid Goku, Demon King Piccolo...and then just, surprise me. Satan, Videl, Chi-Chi, Yajirobe, Raditz, Dabura. . .

Oh, well. Let's see what season 2 has in store, if there's ever a season two (knowing Arc System Works, the equivalent of season 2 will be a brand new 60$ game WITHOUT the new characters, sooo. . .not crossing my fingers there).

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    As someone who's enjoying Fighterz quite a bit, the leaked dlc roster is. . .really, really meh.

Never liked Broly, and Bardock is ok. . .but c'mon. I feel like the "original" series has enough material to work with before going the movie/specials/wathever route, but I guess insane popularity is insane popularity (though, really, explain Base Goku and Base Vegita, even if I've always liked Base Goku much more than SS Goku. . .).

If I were to make the dlc list, I guess sales wouldn't be as hot. I'd go straight for Roshi, Tao Pai Pai, General Blue, Kid Goku, Demon King Piccolo...and then just, surprise me. Satan, Videl, Chi-Chi, Yajirobe, Raditz, Dabura. . .

Oh, well. Let's see what season 2 has in store, if there's ever a season two (knowing Arc System Works, the equivalent of season 2 will be a brand new 60$ game WITHOUT the new characters, sooo. . .not crossing my fingers there).
    Not to be too repetitive, because I've said so before, but, yes, 1,000 times yes, to Tao. And Roshi and Kid Goku (that's easily my top 3 wish list) and to a lesser extent Demon King Piccolo (Tambourine and Druk assists?) and to an even lesser degree, Blue. Just generally speaking I wish regular DB stuff was getting the love instead of movie and special (and Super) characters.

I'm also quite underwhelmed by the DLC
    leak but I'll say one thing about Goku and Vegeta base forms - if they're specifically based on Saiyan Saga it could be pretty cool. Vegeta was obviously at his most BA before he went SSJ and if he had an Oozaru lvl 3 it would be very worth his inclusion. Saiyan Saga Goku too has potential (not as much as Kid Goku, but I digress) with Kaoken specials and Spirit Bomb.

As old hat as Spirit Bomb IS, I think a tag team game could be the best place for it ever if they did it right. My dream version of Spirit Bomb would be a move that, once activated, tagged a team mate in so that Goku could charge it while his teammates fought. If your team mates are killed, you're interrupted/screwed, but if it's prepared in time, Goku fires it as his ASSIT move. Now tell me that isn't perfect! (Frankly that's also how I wish Special Beam Cannon, and maybe Final Flash, worked as well).

I'd dip into some late DB for base goku too if it were me
    gimme that feet kamehameha

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

That would almost be worth another Goku. Allllllmost.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPecans View Post
    (Frankly that's also how I wish Special Beam Cannon, and maybe Final Flash, worked as well).

Piccollo's drill may have taken five minute to charge against Raditz, but he got it down to near instant later. So I'm not too bothered by it being quick fire in-game.

I still think Piccolo should have been able to sacrifice one of his teammates to turn SBC into an instant kill

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information