+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 76 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragonball Discussion Kai: Last Time, on Dragonball Discussion Z

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Default Re: Dragonball Discussion Kai: Last Time, on Dragonball Discussion Z

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    does anyone know a good website to catch up on dragon ball super, crunchy roll is taking forever
    http://chiaanime.co/Anime/4017/dragon-ball-s

I watch from here
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Baywatch got nothin' on me The Tenth Strawhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    does anyone know a good website to catch up on dragon ball super, crunchy roll is taking forever
    I watch DB Super on either KissAnime or 9anime, pick whichever one is most comfortable for you.
    The faces of a Straw Hat.

Latest manga chapter is out.

http://imgur.com/a/Z3v5E

With some DBGT logic
    "IF YOUíRE A MAN YOU DONíT CRY ABOUT IT. YOU TAKE LIFE THE UPS AND DOWNS. IF YOUíRE A REAL MAN YA NEVER GO DOWN YA JUST STAY UP"
    - RIC FLAIR

Why Vegerot though?

Viz translation. Vegeta + Kakarot

Quote Originally Posted by Thatanas View Post
    Why Vegerot though?
    That sounds like a Pokemon's name.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

That was the weakest episode in a while. Looked pretty average and the most notable thing was the character stuff at the end, which was good, summed up Goku's character really well, but that was pretty much it. The mention of Grandpa Gohan made me happy.

On the other hand, I'm okay with this and kind of wary of stuff like last week's episode - all of this is still setup and if they focus on making great stuff here, the real action coming up might suffer.

I'm still wondering what the justification for Tien will be. It was interesting that they brought up he use to be a villain like Picollo and Vegeta. I wonder if that will be a catalyst for Goku remembering that Tien is a choice (probably not).

I think that revealing the whole lineup before the actual 1 hour fight drains this arc of some of the excitement.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    I think that revealing the whole lineup before the actual 1 hour fight drains this arc of some of the excitement.
    16 chars of why? What other characters did you expect? Most of the excitement will be due to the line-ups of other universes. That Super hero guy's friend, Female Broly, will the wolves do anything else etc. etc. We pretty much know what to expect of 'our' universe.

This was funnier than in the japanese version.
    "IF YOUíRE A MAN YOU DONíT CRY ABOUT IT. YOU TAKE LIFE THE UPS AND DOWNS. IF YOUíRE A REAL MAN YA NEVER GO DOWN YA JUST STAY UP"
    - RIC FLAIR

Ugh. English Goku.

He's played the part for like 20 years now, you'd think he'd be better at it.

Oh well, at least its not retard lisp King Kai.

I feel theres a big view of english goku gap between milennials and the older milennials I guess.

Do sub fans really alright with goku havong the same VA as a 50 year old man as when he was 10

The seiyuu is good at changing her voice around enough but still...
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    Spoiler:

i can't believe it's TYOOL 2017 and we're still having dub discourse

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

I can only ever hear Abridged voices when I try to reminisce about the English dialogue lol.

I didn't start getting stricken with the pure cheese of Sean Schemmels Goku voice until after I started watching Sub Goku. Though with that said I still like Grandma Frieza and Mash potatoes in mouth king kai.

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post

Do sub fans really alright with goku havong the same VA as a 50 year old man as when he was 10
    With Nowaza just being more tolerable (and better) than Schemmel yeah?

He's one of three mainstays in the series whose performance(s) I've not warmed up to in the Funimation dub

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    i can't believe it's TYOOL 2017 and we're still having dub discourse
    We can't talk about Kikuchi vs Faulconer so we gotta go back to the well
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

In my opinion, the mexican dub of DBZ is the best, it's mostly based on nostalgia though.

Nintendo ID: elduva182

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    I'm usually fine with either original voices or dubs (so long as they're competent) but the popularity of Old Lady Goku just baffles me.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Baywatch got nothin' on me The Tenth Strawhat's Avatar

Eh, I'm more of an English dub guy anyway. I'll take the cheesy Schemmel Goku with an awesome screaming voice over the Nosawa "I'm a grown adult with a kid's voice" Goku.

That's just me though.
    The faces of a Straw Hat.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information