+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Stone

Default Re: Dr. Stone

More like Adam and Steve

There's seem to be a trend lately in WSJ of manga starting with the MC confessing his love in the first chapter (3 this round and 1 in the previous one).
    Anyway, I can't say I was really impressed by the first chapter besides the art which was expected. The 2 MC didn't do anything for me to even start liking them.
    But well, with this kind of setting, my opinion can change pretty quickly with the next chapters.
    So far my feeling for this round is : Poro > U19 > Dr Stone = Hungry Marie > We Never Learn.
    But I expect the order to be the opposite in Japan.

Let's discuss ratings of the 6 newbies in the shueisha thread. But for me poro is bottom last. Can't figure out the rest rigth now.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Interesting. I just hope that I'll be able keep blind eye on science stuff as I continue to read series.

Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    Interesting. I just hope that I'll be able keep blind eye on science stuff as I continue to read series.
    the thing is, this series have an actual scientist as supervisor just like food war have an actual chef supervisor

Read Hungry Marie, U19 and this one (might as well read the other 3 because discussing is fun)

I love the art in this one, especially the nature. I haven't read a lot of survival stories, but I feel it should be essential that the surroundings are interesting. The series has a good, unique setting with visuals to back it up. The characters... they're certainly interesting with well-defined personalities, but depending on the direction they will either turn very annoying or very interesting. The girl is the most interesting love interest so far.

Something this manga has going for me, is that it got me interested on it's own. U19 interests me because of Kids Next Door and Hungry Marie because of Beelzebub. If you removed those influences I doubt I'd be following them.

Intriguing start and premise. Gonna keep an eye on this.

Dark side of the One Piece AfroSamurai's Avatar

I am not convinced. I don't know what the story is (aside from basic survival), and that troubles me a lot. The characters are also pretty bland. Hopefully it'll improve...
    I am the Walrus!

Solitary confinement is one of the worst punishments you can receive - within just weeks it can cause semipermanent damage to one's psyche. We're social creatures for the most part, and our brains are wired to need social stimulation. Obviously hermits exist, but these are very few and far between; the exception, not the rule.

It's hard to imagine how being in essentially forced solitary in the dark for thousands of years wouldn't have resulted in madness but rather leave these kids apparently unscathed. Maybe they'll address it at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by fdsfgfs View Post
    Solitary confinement is one of the worst punishments you can receive - within just weeks it can cause semipermanent damage to one's psyche. We're social creatures for the most part, and our brains are wired to need social stimulation. Obviously hermits exist, but these are very few and far between; the exception, not the rule.

It's hard to imagine how being in essentially forced solitary in the dark for thousands of years wouldn't have resulted in madness but rather leave these kids apparently unscathed. Maybe they'll address it at some point.
    Or maybe it is just a manga and nobody cares if it is that much realistic

The counting for thousands of years ans being a random super genius is such a Hiruma thing lol. But the other guy....I dunno. They really should both be a tad more insane.

I'm guesiing that the guy he saw sitting is going to wake up at some point. Or probably next some girl but not the one he likes.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

I wonder if there are evolved animals/creatures in this world. The thought about what types of antagonists there could be (if there even will be antagonists, although the drama tone of this series makes me think there will) besides other awakened humans.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

The evolution of animals depends on how much fantasy the author wants. If he wants to keep it realist, at most there would be something like very big wolves, bears or some other predator that became the top of the food chain. A less realistic scenario could be a planet of the apes situation, monkeys overtook civilization and kept it afloat. An then there's full fantasy, dinosaurs, monsters, aliens or whatever.
    I hate quacks.

When I opened my Jump this week, I was not expecting to see "President Donald Trump turned into stone and die".

*chuckle*

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    When I opened my Jump this week, I was not expecting to see "President Donald Trump turned into stone and die".

*chuckle*
    This manga deserves to stay at least a year just because of that.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Es21's author's story, huh? Boichi drawing a sci-fi... yep, gonna read it.
    My last time with a weekly upstart in jump was Nurarihyon no Mago, a shit packed in olive leaf, got to drop it.

Average chapter, but with interesting traits, i don't like the birds below mammals chances of surviving, but is nothing. That Trump sure has plenty of thoughts to take action xd.

Anyone else think counting every second for thousands of years is dumb? Lol my first thought was you didn't lose count, really?

Considering it was mostly a madness mantra, and had literally no distractions except the void calling to kill him, no.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Quote Originally Posted by TommyDunns View Post
    Anyone else think counting every second for thousands of years is dumb? Lol my first thought was you didn't lose count, really?
    It's a thing Hiruma did in Eyeshield for like a year and some months while holding conversations playing football and...well living. I think the author just likes absurd minds lol.

But being unable to do nothing and just keeping count should drive him insane lol.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

At the point human bodies petrify and somehow stay active for 3000 years with no degradation, I'm not fully convinced they're technically "human" anymore.

The state in which they were in is already absurd, so it kinda gives a free-pass on whatever happens during it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information