+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Stone

Default Re: Dr. Stone

Quote Originally Posted by fana View Post
    How can that plan work with the fact that she was in space just before the stonification common knowledge ? What would be the story they could sell regarding what happened to her and the ISS ?
    Do Tsukasa's followers come off as particularly bright to you?

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Quote Originally Posted by RedGreenBlue View Post
    One of the problems with the world today is that literally no one knows how to make a pencil from scratch. That no one can make something so simple and yet so vital to modern society is kind of astonishing... but it also shows just how ripe our civilization has become for an apocalypse. Current technology is so desperately dependent on modern infrastructure that it wouldn't be very surprising for humanity as we know it to fall back into the Stone Age if a catastrophic event were to occur.

In a way, this state of affairs lends some believability to the setting of Dr. Stone. But what makes the story even more fun for me is precisely that Senku is that unbelievably knowledgeable guy who would know how to remake the pencil from scratch. The whole video game aspect is just a silly gag/gimmick that also feels nostalgic for people like me who've done their fair share of gaming. There's nothing really in the telling of the story that relies on the video game analogy (even though there are some pretty decent games that share the same premise as this manga).

Anyway, this is all coming from a guy who enjoys spending his free time watching primitive technology videos on YouTube. If you don't enjoy learning about how to make some of the most important/influential inventions of all time via manga format, then Dr. Stone probably isn't meant for you.
    This.
    That's why Dr. Stone is a sci-fi... because it takes the readers' minds to other points of view involving science with a bit of fiction. If you can't get how the world works, is quite a possibility that you won't truly understand what's within the story.

Now this is a fairly good development, just hope it comes to be a broader sight of the whole personalities of Tsukasa's army.
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

Senku definitely planted something on Homura when he 'captured' her, but given that he and everyone else knows how frail he is that was a ploy to do so. Just can't figure out for the life of me what it would be. Until next week I guess.

I agree he must have planted something on her. I can't really think of anything else other than maybe a microphone, but that's impossible considering the size of their "cellphones".
    "Danger is my middle name."

Maybe he gave her candy.

Definitely had to be something planted on her feet that would react to light like that.

With this speed they will achieve cloning and even surpass science-kingdom G66 at chapter 100. Too bad they are the good ones.

Unrelated, but whatever happened to the other 2 initial protagonists? I remember them joining Tsukasa's empire after Senku's "death" ages ago, but was expecting to hear from them eventually. Did the author decide they were too boring / by the book ? I wouldn't blame him for that by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    Unrelated, but whatever happened to the other 2 initial protagonists? I remember them joining Tsukasa's empire after Senku's "death" ages ago, but was expecting to hear from them eventually. Did the author decide they were too boring / by the book ? I wouldn't blame him for that by the way.
    They're moles right now. So I imagine they'll reappear when the crew actually gets into Tsukasa's territory to plant the phone.

yeh, his editor probably suggested him to stick with the more interesting member of the trio...but they are gonna come back in the story, sooner or later

Haha

The new chapter is good!

Quote Originally Posted by SirCaesar View Post
    Haha

The new chapter is good!
    Heh, you're right, forget I said anything

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Oh, so the real reason Magma is so strong is that he's one of people with One For All.

It all makes sense now!

Oh hey. A girl without a bug face.

They were absent for one year story time - enough to make a child ��
    (Seriously, why Oda let slip this opportunity to make Hancock heavy with child through timeskip?)

Being a couple was a big no-no but having underaged sex is OK? I doubt it. If the editorial department was going to allow it, they wouldn't had that scene back then before the split up.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Makes me question what happens to male children of the Kuja tribe..are they raised there or are those children and their mothers exiled.
    Maybe every mother has to go into exile when she gets a child, at least i canīt remember having seen children there.
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

Considering that the island also had mostly female animals (or I'm just overimposing Kamabaka on top of Amazon Lilly?) I was going with the "amazons always birth female" but I'm not sure now.

Whenever PG13 amazons show up, they keep track of the dad, and return any boy.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Considering that the island also had mostly female animals (or I'm just overimposing Kamabaka on top of Amazon Lilly?) I was going with the "amazons always birth female" but I'm not sure now.
    I remember this as well. They got pregnant after sailing away from the island for some adventure or whatever and their child was always female.

I guess it's possible. Improbable, but possible.

can't this girl just steal the record of the song and the sciency equipment to reproduce it when they storm the village and kill everyone?

"protect a cd" seems like a really weak excuse to bet your life on the betrayal of a cause you fought for until now.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information