+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Stone

Default Re: Dr. Stone

Dr Homo seems like a better title for this series.

they should cook and eat the defeated lion in front of the other lions that ran away

teach those animals who's the real boss

I love the ridiculousness of this manga

I have to agree with AfroSamurai, this manga has an amazing premise, but it is all being wasted. Humanity spends thousands of years stuck in a state of immobility and sensory deprivation, each person has nothing but their thoughts in complete darkness (anyone else thought of The Unnamable - the novel -?), it could be SO interesting to see the effects of that on their minds and all the implications, but no... the characters lack depth to such an extent that any interesting thing that could come from that is simply overlooked.
    Maybe this could change later, but so far each chapter is just confirming my first impression. I find kinda sad such a great premise was wasted here.
    FC 0147-0584-2654

The premise still holds me here for a few chapters and some mangas just have a slow start.
    As i predicted the girl has to wait and we at least got a new character into the mix, even when "strong-guy" isn´t exactly that promising of a layered character^^
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

New guy is a bit odd. I get Dr. Stone being no the type to wallow or Assistant Stupid to not be big on indepth thought. But Associate Badass is all "my prime directive is to protect you.."

Uhh okay lol. It's wonky buy I'll still read this for now.

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

I'm dropping it.

Might check back in 20 chapters or so to see if it's gotten better, but for now, I'm done. Bland bland bland bland bland one-dimensional characters, all of them.
    -_- o_o O_O ...Agree to disagree sounds about right. Holy moly.
    I'm such a bad person

Picked up this series for fun.

Rather mediocre and the story hasn't really hooked me yet (plus not the biggest fan of the art style) but we got to see Trump turn in to stone, so that's bonus points in my book. It has an interesting premise with lots of potential so I'll just see where this goes.

About that last chapter: so that's where you landed, Kars.

↑Biological Weaopn of Doom and Destruction

Really liked Eyeshield 21 and am a fan of Boichi, but from what I gather here this new series isn't all that good huh? Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    Really liked Eyeshield 21 and am a fan of Boichi, but from what I gather here this new series isn't all that good huh? Bummer.
    It's pretty much an AP only opinion to be honest.
    Everywhere else, I've seen Dr. Stone being called the new series with more potential and possibility to stick around, and U19 being hailed as an abominable failure. Funnily enough, people here actually seems to like U19.

The biggest problem with Dr.Stone is that in 3 chapters it has given a lot of contradictory signs about the direction it wants to follow, and I think people are a bit confused about what exactly to expect from it. The jump from plot from chapters 1 to 2 was quite big, and the difference between both these chapters and the direction chapter 3 took is also quite substantial.

Guess I'll wait to see if this series stays or gets canned and decide then to catch up to it or not.^^

I thought this series is great and fun, a really strong start and easily the best of the new jump titles. I don't know why you're all hatin', it's pretty entertaining so far.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

While the initial premise is interesting, the execution so far and characters are quite one-dimensional and bland generic. The art style of this series really reminds me of Sun-Ken Rock, but like drawn through a shounen filter. Is it by the same artist/author?

Novel I'm working on: The Dutchman
    Chapters Completed: 0
    Concepts to Complete: Plot Summary, Character Biographies
    Twitch / Blogspot

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues' Gallery View Post
    While the initial premise is interesting, the execution so far and characters are quite one-dimensional and bland generic. The art style of this series really reminds me of Sun-Ken Rock, but like drawn through a shounen filter. Is it by the same artist/author?
    Yes, Its drawn by the author of Sun Ken Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    I thought this series is great and fun, a really strong start and easily the best of the new jump titles. I don't know why you're all hatin', it's pretty entertaining so far.
    I agree. The only one that I have more hope for is Hungry Marie, but that's because of my huge Beelzebub bias.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues' Gallery View Post
    Yup, Same dude that draws Origin as well

I don't get what people are complaining about generic or one dimensional. The two leads have well defined personalities that compliment each other well, they have clearly defined motivations and are trying to achieve their goals in smart, logical ways while bouncing off each other effectively. Honestly feels like some of you have never read shonen before.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    I'm dropping it.

Might check back in 20 chapters or so to see if it's gotten better
    That's putting it on-hold D:

Boring chapter, too much fiction in this one, i get used to science with the first two than fiction.

Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it
    Even if something can be known about it, knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihore View Post
    Yes, Its drawn by the author of Sun Ken Rock.

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shobu Yoruichi View Post
    That's putting it on-hold D:

Boring chapter, too much fiction in this one, i get used to science with the first two than fiction.

No, it's dropping it. I don't believe for a second it'll actually *get* to chapter 20.
    -_- o_o O_O ...Agree to disagree sounds about right. Holy moly.
    I'm such a bad person

I really hope it will, of the new series (I already checked) it's the only one I like.

Btw, can someone list me all the new series, don't want to miss one.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information