+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48

Thread: Dr. Stone

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

Default Re: Dr. Stone

The age of exploration arc/saga has a pace that's too fast for the authors to explain things properly. 1 chapter for textiles, 1 chapter for monetary theory, 1 chapter for wind/flight mechanics, 1 chapter for agriculture, etc. That also might be intentional, since it's delving into more and more complex stuff, so they resort to hand waving. I also think that the motivation of saving Tsukasa messed with the order of developing technologies that would have been needed anyway. They could have a breather arc where they try to recover old civilization standards with clothing, agriculture and eventually fuel, transportation and money.
    I hate quacks.

Ryusui is an okay character, but I feel like he's hogging the spotlight from other characters.

NNID: jervinnectar

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    Ryusui is an okay character, but I feel like he's hogging the spotlight from other characters.
    I was kinda thinking that too. The author must really like him lol.

He's portraying the good sides of greed, as the driving factor of progress (along with sloth), but while sloth refines greed innovates.

Sure, only as long as it doesn't trample anybody, or is destroying something.

Considering that we are about to face someone with enough beef with human progress to turn them to stone "forever", in order to restore earth, it is needed to stablish these characters to contrast the "whyman".

I think that the idea of the small boat should have floated for at least another chapter before getting solved.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

He reminds me of Kaiba but without the card games or the dragon fetish.

Nice way of doing a time skip. Smart move teaching the kids science at school. I was wondering who was going on the trip before I saw that big ass ship. I guess everyone who ever mattered is going. Not sure about Suika tho. Wait a minute. Shouldn't someone who knows science stay in case something breaks in Science Kingdom? Chrome, maybe?

Meh, the village has survived for who 3k years without modern science, and now they are protected against starvation and disease, could handle any revived one except for those two in jail (social darwinist and the gymnast), or the WHYMAN who would probably beat anyone, including senku, if they decided to attack.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I loved this chapter so much. The timing of the picture of Senku right after he mentions manufacturing just made me think that he knows it won't be all fun and games after more people are revived. Maybe I'm looking into it too much but it's a real sullen look on his face.

Even a year for that huge ship seems like not enough. But I guess most of the manpower is from some of Tsukasa's old goons.

I didn't notice the first ghost picture of Kohaku until I saw the second one that's way more obvious. The silly humor in this series is great.

I bet Suika will sneak her way into the ship, no way they can just leave her behind

Spoiler:
    I am Ginrou. And I am the worst character Dr. Stone.

Spoiler:
    I guess he's considered the comic relief perv so it's a prerequisite that he must be around. Ugh. What is this growing trend of coward pervs? At least Sanji is a solid fighter.

I thought that gag was great. He definitely fooled me when he dramatically dove into the water. In the end he got what he deserved.

It felt like a spoof on Usopp lol.

Good thing Luffy and Usopp could hear each other half a mile apart

This series is loaded with personality. Even a roll call is fun. It's the little things. Each character's reaction to each other and resolving themselves to go on a deadly mission. Great stuff. I'm fine with Ginro. Like what someone said, as long as his actions have consequences I'm cool with it. I'm still iffy about the smartest people in humanity stuck on a ship but I guess finding Why-man's more important than keeping their current technological accomplishments from collapsing. And points to Senku for bringing Hyoga and Homura along. They would've taken over Japan by the end of the day.

Not sure what Senku can salvage from the capsule, but I'm sure Papa Senku wrote down where the stoning beam originated. I'd almost forgotten he saw that in the flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Leg View Post
    I bet Suika will sneak her way into the ship, no way they can just leave her behind
    Agreed. I didn't see her and no way she wouldn't see them off. All aboard the S.S. Main Characters!

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    I thought that gag was great. He definitely fooled me when he dramatically dove into the water. In the end he got what he deserved.
    I’m pretty sure this was an homage to the Narancia scene in Jojo’s part five

They actually referenced the village headshots we saw early in the series. I gave up on seeing any of those people again lol.
    And, now we're about to meet a brand new village of people. This will be interesting. Especially if they're all jerks.

Man, every time we see Senku's dad and the astronauts I can't stop thinking about all the incest that took place. Maybe its because no one's brought it up. Did they try spreading the genes as far as possible? Did they just do whatever? I seriously need an answer.

The answer is incest.

They must have gotten lucky. All lab mice are related, but they don't develop inbreed diseases because they had them breeded out. One of the hundred legends is the tale of eugenics, and that if third cousin isn't ok, then is the end of humanity.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    The answer is incest.

They must have gotten lucky. All lab mice are related, but they don't develop inbreed diseases because they had them breeded out. One of the hundred legends is the tale of eugenics, and that if third cousin isn't ok, then is the end of humanity.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zLUud7x6U5k

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information