+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Stone

Default Re: Dr. Stone

Incidentally, former WSJ editor-in-chief Sasaki told me today that he has "a good feeling" (I'm paraphrasing) about Dr. Stone's relative success, going forward.
    At the very least, we can expect that with such high praise from the head honchos, Inagaki isn't planning to end the series within 20 chapters by killing off each of the main characters in succession.

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

Senkuu knew that their depetrified state could let them live normally with cracks on their faces. Maybe they are now like golems or something, if they can be put to stay together, they live. Taiju with his "dumb and caring nature" tries to put Senkuu back to normal and it actually works.
    I hate quacks.

I'd prefer if Senkuu didn't know. It gives him humanity that he isn't the ultimate chess master and gives his sacrifice more emotional weight.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    ...Three? Did the fan translation imply that there are three mystery people out there? It's only one, who intentionally lit three separate smoke signals in direct response to our gang's three gunpowder explosions.

I nearly made that same mistake while translating, actually :P
    Whoops .
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

I can live with them being more stone than before. Maybe the mysterious high hells girl knows how.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

Incidentally, former WSJ editor-in-chief Sasaki told me today that he has "a good feeling" (I'm paraphrasing) about Dr. Stone's relative success, going forward.
    At the very least, we can expect that with such high praise from the head honchos, Inagaki isn't planning to end the series within 20 chapters by killing off each of the main characters in succession.
    I've been marathoning Bakuman so now I have a wondering at how WSJ staff really is like lol.

As for this. I guess that's good. But man the last couple of chapters made me really lose interest. And this chapter felt extremely short. I'm having a hard time caring what happens to any of the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I've been marathoning Bakuman so now I have a wondering at how WSJ staff really is like lol.

As for this. I guess that's good. But man the last couple of chapters made me really lose interest. And this chapter felt extremely short. I'm having a hard time caring what happens to any of the characters.
    Sasaki was a lot cheerier on the surface than I was expecting, but bubbling underneath was a clear sense of earnestness and deadly seriousness towards the industry/craft. Definitely an aura of a kingmaker about him.

As for Dr. Stone, I feel like, as with so many series, it'll be better in volume form, since the vs. Tsukasa chapters have been lacking in big developments compared to, say, the first four chapters. There sure hasn't been a ton of world-building yet for a series that is literally about world-building, so I'm expecting more mini timeskips serving as interjections to the bouts of action and panic (vs. villain of the moment).

I'm not really sure about the potential of this series, though the staff probably has more insight into its direction.

Tbh not much keeping me invested in this besides the premise of redeveloping society from scratch. The characters are as flat as anybody's been saying and that isn't helped by how all-powerful they are. It also doesn't help that the one girl in the main cast is the only one without a special ability or anything and so far doesn't seem to be there for more of a reason than adding stakes.

Getting back to the topic of potential, though, I'm not really sure what sort of future the plot has. If they defeat Tsukasa here, then do they just spend the rest of the story dealing with similar or other run of the mill post-apocalyptic threats? If Tsukasa's the main villain, then is that really it? I'm not sure he could really carry the series by himself. They'd probably look into why the petrification occurred in the first place but, I don't know about you, but I find that to be the least interesting aspect of the story, so not too hopeful about that direction.

I really hope the series proves me wrong, since it is fun seeing the problem solving and tech explanations, but I really don't think it's at a point where I'd really trust in its future.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Sasaki was a lot cheerier on the surface than I was expecting, but bubbling underneath was a clear sense of earnestness and deadly seriousness towards the industry/craft. Definitely an aura of a kingmaker about him.
    I get that he's a fan of Bleach's Quincy Arc.

I don't care, but if Inagaki puts Tsukasa' strength in the realm about why Senku is not dead, i would be delighted. The bit of shounen to increase the hype is lacking here, and mostly obvious it will be that.

Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

I have too much time at my hands

Another cool chapter and a good passing grade in the classic "is this going to be an asspull?" exam in regards to how Senku would survive Tsukasa's attack.

Can't wait for this new arc detailing Senku's awakening.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

The series depends on how a rich cast is slowly added, without abandoning the feeling of loneliness and having to get everything via their smarts.
    The art is definitely appealing and those "how did he do that" moments add to the experience.
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

Chapter twelve - volume 1 to end arc one. This feels like reading you typical Adachi manga. Nice chapter.

Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,

Yankee Monkey is best character.
    http://readms.net/r/dr_stone/013/4310/1
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

the most enjoyable chapter in a while, mainly because I enjoy craftiness and using brain to solve problems in manga more than fighting manga

I also like the rpg beginning feeling this chapter had

and I agree about the monkeys being more entertaining characters than Taiju, Yuzuriha and Tsukasa

Ah damnit! I was thinking of hypothesis 3 this whole time!
    http://readms.net/r/dr_stone/014/4329/1
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

I think who or whatever was responsible for that stone curse, used the swallows to get it everywhere.
    After all swallows are a common sight all around the world and using them to transfer that curse, could be an explanation why they of all animals were also affected, just like the humans.
    Maybe it was mother nature having enough and launching this desperate attack on humanity^^
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    I think who or whatever was responsible for that stone curse, used the swallows to get it everywhere.
    After all swallows are a common sight all around the world and using them to transfer that curse, could be an explanation why they of all animals were also affected, just like the humans.
    Maybe it was mother nature having enough and launching this desperate attack on humanity^^
    Could a swallow carry it over the world, though? What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? Are we talking African or European? Am I missing any more obvious Monty Python jokes? Maybe the one about weight ratios?

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Next chapter, i hope a new way to recharge myself, along with nitric acid :D

Great chapter, had to stop to understand what i'm reading, usually Jump doesn't put me in those predicaments.

This manga is pretty great, in my opinion. Despite the fantastical nature of everyone getting petrified... I love the insistence that it's all explained by a physical phenomenon that can be reasoned through with science. This chapter in particular was pretty great and definitely provided a legitimate explanation for why one of the main characters broke free first.

Though it is a little weird that being in the petrified state gives the body the ability to convert some chemicals (one chemical?) directly from mass into energy. Need more details!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information