+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 859: The Yonkou Assassination Plan

Discovered Stowaway K. Kira XXIII's Avatar

Default Re: Chapter 859: The Yonkou Assassination Plan

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    hype for wedding = full blast, great chapter!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I seriously doubt that - it's probably just Pudding's title to refer to her, then Nitro's name.
    I guess, I would think there were three, instead of two intro boxes fused. Anyways it is a small detail. Unless this is a tell about Caramel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post

Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku

Am I the only one who finds Bege's legitimate concern and devotion to his son endearing as all hell? Nice to know that even sadistic, bloodthirsty mobsters have an iota of humanity within them.

The next few chapters are going to be a ball, I can't wait, no breaks so far right?

Let's Do the Odyssey! MetaMario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordButler View Post
    Am I the only one who finds Bege's legitimate concern and devotion to his son endearing as all hell? Nice to know that even sadistic, bloodthirsty mobsters have an iota of humanity within them.
    I really enjoyed that. Dude spoke in baby-talk (sowwy). The mafioso gangster.

:)

Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    The next few chapters are going to be a ball, I can't wait, no breaks so far right?
    Not next week at least, this week's issue wasn't a double issue so there will be a chapter next week and Oda just took a break so we're good for a while

The plan won't work.... but I still see BM get it. Luffy will beat her good and capone will deliver the finishing blow and become ''big daddy'', new leader of the family.

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar

So... I'm sure the theory has been mentioned, but, are we experiencing a Dorian Gray (fairy tale, guy is immortal/immune to damage, but, if the portrait he keeps of himself is damaged he recieves the same damage etc. etc) painting-type thing here with Big Mom? link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pi...of_Dorian_Gray

Like... Capone said Big Mom has never been hurt or wounded, and the only time he saw her hurt or wounded is when the painting of this "Mother Caramel" fell over and she scrapped her knee. Could Mom's knee be scrapped/hurt from the portrait taking a bump and not Big Mom ACTUALLY scrapping it? Does the painting hold Big Mom's soul or something?

So the reason Bege is trying to take down BM at the most dangerous situation is because that's the only time Mother Caramel's picture (BM's weakness) will be exposed. But couldn't he simply locate the picture somewhere in the castle and moving with the assassination right now instead of attacking during the Tea Party? Specially now they have Brulée's Mirror World with them, locating it should be easy. To be honest, I am partly shocked Bege was not tasked with the security of the picture

Anyways, gotta love Bege's personality. He seems really excited about how dangerous and impossible the whole situation is and is aiming for BM's head for nothing but the thrill of it. I wouldn't be surprised if he could actually do what I mentioned in the paragraph above, but decided to overlook it because this way is more exciting.

That said, I am still annoyed by how carefree the SH are about this whole thing, including Nami and Chopper. They keep repeating "Yonkou are strong, BM is a monster, we should take care", but those come out as empty words when they clearly are not worried at all. I just hope Oda is making this on purpose to make the plan fail terribly and show them how wrong they were taking a Yonkou so lightly.

But the weirdest thing in the chapter was seeing Luffy plotting someone's death without putting a word against it. And actually smiling the whole time. You would expect him to agree with everything but be categorically against killing BM... or maybe his entry will be "BM, they are going to kill you, so calm the fuck down and fight me"?

Still trying to guess how the bomb will fit into the whole mess.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; March 15th, 2017 at 06:11 AM. Reason: As you can see, my prediction of Luffy's entry is translated by Mangastream

FC 0147-0584-2654

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Wait a minute. We got this chapter early because of a holiday, correct? Does this mean that we won't get any new Shonen Jump chapters next week?
    No it is just the case when monday is a day off in Japan, jump is available on saturday and as a result, we have the release one day earlier

I don't know, if this has been already brought up, but maybe Pudding didn't only test out the her gun to see if she could kill the Vinsmokes, but also her mom?

Capone in this chapter:
    Spoiler:

Pudding in chapter 851
    Spoiler:

I thought it was somehow strange, to mention the fact that Big Mom is like an 'Iron Ballon'...

Let's Do the Odyssey! MetaMario's Avatar

Probably mentioned before and I certainly didn't remember it but: wasn't Pudding's shop named Caramel? hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    Probably mentioned before and I certainly didn't remember it but: wasn't Pudding's shop named Caramel? hmmmmm
    Chekhov's Caramel, if you will?

Okay, I was iffy about it before, but now I really like Pudding actually being awful. The last panel in the chapter is great.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    But what was first, the picture or the shop?

Well, anyway, Pudding is hinting she can change the memories of other people relatively easy. It's basically a confirmation that she's done it to her family before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

I'm leaning to the Dorian Gray/horrocrux hypothesis because it fits thematically and explains how Big Mom is apparently invulnerable to damage. It also makes sense that the portrait is present in special occasions: it's pointless to have a party if you don't go.
    I hate quacks.

The more I think about it, the more I think Luffy is going to ruin the plan on purpose. Even if the plan fail, he will be soiled by plotting someone's murder anyway. BM not dying because they failed to do so doesn't change the fact they were aiming for it.

The SH are supposed to be exceptionally good people. Chiffon relationship with BM is very similar to Sanji/Vinsmoke, but, in her case, Oda allowed her to be ok with BM being murdered while not sounding like a bad girl. He is basically saying that is perfectly understandable that you don't love a family that is abusive and is not willing to protect them, but he still didn't allow Sanji to go that way. And that's because the SH are not just good, they are even above that. No chance Luffy will just keep smiling while someone's murder is being plotted.

Luffy will most likely use his entrance to save BM, maybe even take the missiles himself since he is (almost) immune to poisons since Impel Down.

FC 0147-0584-2654

SICK, no break and an early chapter. AWESOME. Chapter seemed really long with so much exposition, however I enjoyed it. I liked it through my first read through, however I am going to read it again for the minor details. You know so much is going to go wrong in the plan it will be amazed if any of it happens.

Baywatch got nothin' on me The Tenth Strawhat's Avatar

I don't know why, but I feel like Bege's "Take down Big Mom" plan has like an 8% chance of actually succeeding. Not to mention that Luffy has such an important part in it just spells big disaster to me. Then again, I'm probably not the only one who thinks this. I wish them luck anyway.

Also this:

Spoiler:
    The faces of a Straw Hat.

Bege's interactions with his family are great. The next chapters are gonna be a riot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Actually, I keep seeing this thrown around, but the owner of the cafe IS Nitro the Jelly.

No it's Pudding title.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information