+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 859: The Yonkou Assassination Plan

Default Re: Chapter 859: The Yonkou Assassination Plan

Quote Originally Posted by El-Matematico View Post
    I'm leaning to the Dorian Gray/horrocrux hypothesis because it fits thematically and explains how Big Mom is apparently invulnerable to damage. It also makes sense that the portrait is present in special occasions: it's pointless to have a party if you don't go.
    But why does it need to be present at all? It's suspicious.

Still, it would be silly if it was all Big Mom's ploy to pull a fast one on Capone or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Two opposing assassination plots, both doomed to fail, both depend on Pudding doing what she's supposed to. Who else wants to bet that instead of shooting Sanji, she just kisses him?

I wonder whether this 'mother caramel' thingy was also implanted by Pudding,or she really exist.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    I wonder whether this 'mother caramel' thingy was also implanted by Pudding,or she really exist.
    I assume maybe this is more the mass manipulation Pudding has done.

Though then you have the wonder who that person really was then.

Am I the only one who is not liking this Iron Balloon thing?

I mean, we already have Kaido as a guy with an immortal body.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by The Tenth Strawhat View Post
    I don't know why, but I feel like Bege's "Take down Big Mom" plan has like an 8% chance of actually succeeding. Not to mention that Luffy has such an important part in it just spells big disaster to me. Then again, I'm probably not the only one who thinks this. I wish them luck anyway.

Also this:

Spoiler:
    Bege is just so Vito Corleone! Remember the movie? Where he put the orange-Skins into his mouth to thrill the Little kid. Bege is just as creepy as that with that face.
    I still bet that Luffy jumps outta the wedding cake.
    My imagination of Franky's (future) masterpiece: Sunny-Shogun

Baywatch got nothin' on me The Tenth Strawhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    Bege is just so Vito Corleone! Remember the movie? Where he put the orange-Skins into his mouth to thrill the Little kid. Bege is just as creepy as that with that face.
    I still bet that Luffy jumps outta the wedding cake.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Oda was referencing that scene with the panel. Bege is quite literally a walking Godfather homage lol.
    The faces of a Straw Hat.

Wano? Wa-yes! Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Luffy said that he would make his entrance once he heard the sound of a gunshot...so I'm guessing someone in the Big Mom Pirates will have their gun accidentally go off before Pudding reaches Sanji. Sweet, sweet, chaos.

Also, the thing with Mother Caramel seems like a very likely case of Pudding memory substitution.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    Pretty sure Pudding is Mother Caramel. She hasn't even gotten a proper Oda introduction yet, and her memory powers can help people forget (even her "family") who she truly is.

Pudding owns a cafe called Caramel too, if I remember correctly. lol
    doesn't make any sense..they can see the photo during tea parties,if it was her,everyone would recognise her

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Many voices: "Pretty sure this plan will fail."

Was your first hint perhaps the title?
    Where it was suggested that the Strawhats would successfully *murder* an Emperor?
    Any "perfect" plan that involves Luffy and/or CC are doomed to fail. If CC wasn't such a jerk, he would make a good SH-scientist. He IS funny though.

If Pudding's "secret" is revealed, do you think it happens "accidently", or would one of the SHs solve the riddle?
    If the latter is possible, I would add it to Sanji's account. He deserved it after this tough year.

Hm, Luffy jumpin outta Bege would also suit him. I am 40% with Bege-entrance and 60% with wedding cake entrance. And I know I could be completely wrong with both.

Storytelling 101: If we see the elaborate plan completely mapped out in detail beforehand, no way does it actually go off as intended.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by funkdoc1112 View Post
    Storytelling 101: If we see the elaborate plan completely mapped out in detail beforehand, no way does it actually go off as intended.
    TV Tropes calls it the Unspoken Plan Guarantee

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

So, is there anyone who actually believes their plan (which, if it worked, would create a series of predictable events from our favorite unpredictable writer) has more than a 0% chance of working?
    If so, you probably thought the stealth plan would work too.
    One Piece characters exploring outside options when One Piece is on break...

However, if the picture indeed is a horcrux, then Big Mom actually might get assassinated. So the plan technically has a chance to work.
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

We're sure that the plan HAS to fail, but you can also be sure that Luffy will make an epic (or totally clumsy epic-failing) appearance at the tea Party.

Quote Originally Posted by Strooger View Post
    I was pretty much certain that they were going to just skip to the wedding immediatelly and reveal the plan through action. This makes me think the plan will go horribly wrong.
    My thoughts exactly. Every time a plan is explained in One Piece, things go horribly wrong. The only plans that work are the ones who are not explained (e.g. Thriller Bark's Oz spine-break, Sanji closing the Gates of Justice at Enies Lobby, Fishmen Island's "everyone get in the shark"), unless they are Luffy plans which go wrong anyway (I'm still laughing about his "flawless plan" back in Arlong Park, it's been 15 years)

Discovered Stowaway K. Kira XXIII's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
    No it's Pudding title.
    Kinda weird then. It should show three different boxes to talk about three different characters. Also, introducing Pudding as Cafe "Caramel" Owner seems unnecessary and the story is unaffected if Nitro is the owner. On the other hand, it seems wrong to introduce three characters in two boxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post

Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Am I the only one who is not liking this Iron Balloon thing?

I mean, we already have Kaido as a guy with an immortal body.
    Well, actually, that makes me appreciate Shanks and Blackbeard (even if the latter is indeed able to tank a lot of damage) even more.
    I guess Big Mom always has her haki armor up or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    I don't know, if this has been already brought up, but maybe Pudding didn't only test out the her gun to see if she could kill the Vinsmokes, but also her mom?

Capone in this chapter:

Pudding in chapter 851

I thought it was somehow strange, to mention the fact that Big Mom is like an 'Iron Ballon'...
    If you're alluding to Pudding being a co-conspirator it seems pretty certain that ship has sailed. It's most likely just a conincidental translation.

Wano? Wa-yes! Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Kinda weird then. It should show three different boxes to talk about three different characters. Also, introducing Pudding as Cafe "Caramel" Owner seems unnecessary and the story is unaffected if Nitro is the owner. On the other hand, it seems wrong to introduce three characters in two boxes.
    If Nitro was the owner then it wouldn't make any sense to have Pudding be the one vouching for Luffy and Chopper after they ate the cafe.

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information