Default Robot×Laserbeam

Robot×Laserbeam
    Genre: Sports, Shounen
    Author: Fujimaki Tadatoshi
    Serialization: Weekly Shounen Jump
    Publisher: Shueisha

Chapter 1

Default Re: Robot×Laserbeam

I loved the first chapter. My favorite of the 6 new manga. Please survive (and be picked by Viz if possible) !
    Robo seems a little too OP but I guess we'll see some room for growth being introduced really soon.
    I'm as intrigued as the captain and wonder what kind of background he has to explain his physical ability.
    I'm really interested to see what kind of ideas Fujimaki had before drawing about that sport he loves.

Quote Originally Posted by fana View Post
    I'm really interested to see what kind of ideas Fujimaki had before drawing about that sport he loves.
    I bet he'll do mahjong series after this one.

Quote Originally Posted by fana View Post
    I loved the first chapter. My favorite of the 6 new manga. Please survive (and be picked by Viz if possible) !
    Robo seems a little too OP but I guess we'll see some room for growth being introduced really soon.
    I'm as intrigued as the captain and wonder what kind of background he has to explain his physical ability.
    It's cause he's half Scottish. It's in his DNA lol.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

Was a nice first chapter, will follow for now.

New sports series in Jump, yes please I'm super in! All aboard Kuroko Robo no golf.

This run of jump starts has been really strong I've liked a lot of them,

I found this even better than the Dr.Stone one. Robo reminds me a lot of Switch just more talkative. I really liked the way how he stood up for his friend. It's pretty clear that despite being a total noob his friend is going to be an important side character to show-case Robo's unseen emotions. Like Robo said himself, when his friend was upset, clearly visible, he became upset too, cleary not-visible. I also liked the dark-skinned Pro guy who seems to be a Hardworker. Guy has enough self-esteem to not only accept that somebody he has yet to seen is way better than him but also the drive to see that person again and not for selfish reasons to beat him or something like that, but just to watch him how he did the perfect hits to maybe better himself at Power Golf.

I wonder how long it takes till we get the first named female Golfer.^^

Solid first chapter, but having Robo so overpowered makes it harder to create tension later.
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

The official English name is Robot×Lazerbeam. With a z. (Also, someone please explain me the × thing in manga names, do people think it's a cool symbol or what?)
    I hate quacks.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Matematico View Post
    The official English name is Robot×Lazerbeam. With a z.
    And they changed back to s.

Quote Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
    I found this even better than the Dr.Stone one. Robo reminds me a lot of Switch just more talkative. I really liked the way how he stood up for his friend. It's pretty clear that despite being a total noob his friend is going to be an important side character to show-case Robo's unseen emotions. Like Robo said himself, when his friend was upset, clearly visible, he became upset too, cleary not-visible. I also liked the dark-skinned Pro guy who seems to be a Hardworker. Guy has enough self-esteem to not only accept that somebody he has yet to seen is way better than him but also the drive to see that person again and not for selfish reasons to beat him or something like that, but just to watch him how he did the perfect hits to maybe better himself at Power Golf.

I wonder how long it takes till we get the first named female Golfer.^^
    Hardworker guy reminded me of Imaizumi from Yowamushi. Top of his game pretty much but also acknowledges the natural talent without being a douche.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

I kinda like it.
    Though the scene with the 2 guys insulting his friend was the most cliche thing ever & it wasn't' very good.

Robo is a mixture of Smile from Ping Pong & Saiki from Saiki Kusuo on Sainan.

Admitedly, Robo surprising everyone with his genius in golf will get old really fast.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

Schrödinger's Giraffe Wooden_Giraffe's Avatar

He's probably going to be another Happy Gilmore and suck at putting. Cause if he's too perfect then there won't exactly be anything to overcome.

According to the editor, the series is getting amazing reception? Which I don't mind since I kinda like the series.
    I'm glad that Robo isn't completely hax. He's only good at that particular shot because he has practice that shot for a long time.
    I think the main challenge he will face is learning to love golf & having the drive to win in golf.

I'm pretty sure Robo has a relative who is amazing at golf (from the maternal side because golf originated from Scotland).His dad's words must mean something...

They have yet to even show if he can drive. I would imagine it will be a situation were in he is a genius only in using an iron at this point, but will struggle to get the rest of his game to the point that his iron game is. This would logically ignite his drive to perfect every part of the game. I can see that premise providing for enough issues to be respectable. Plus it follows the classic shonen sports plot line.
    Life flows on. I'd just go with it if I were me.

I'm surprised nobody had thought to tell him it's golf isn't really a game where you have to compete against others. It's not really a team sport. Your personal best matters more since others can't help you during the game.

But then again his friend is kinda dumb. And the captain doesn't know him well.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

Yeah it's gonna be... interesting how they could possibly spin this series as a competitive sports manga.

I mean, it's golf. There's no battle of wits or exchange in the battle.
    Mechanical accuracy is absolutely the endgame of perfecting golf, and the protagonist is already there. There's extremely little left in terms of growth.

With a sport entirely focused on personal performance and no direct interception from opponents, "robot" is quite literally the final goal.

....Clearly we're gonna have to swap the title to "Prince of Golf" and have the players shoot balls into each others faces, physically crushing the opponent.
    Clearly.
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; April 4th, 2017 at 08:10 PM.

I disagree about golf not being a competitive sport.
    If Fujimaki choose to use a "Ryder Cup"-like kind of tournament, I can definitely see some really captivating competition.
    I really hope that Viz picks this manga for ESJ in the coming weeks.

Gotta say, ch.4 was pretty fun. Looks like those two will never be real friends because their passion for golf is so greatly different. As in "I put down my life for gold!" and "Who cares?". XD
    But that 2nd hit man with those expressions afterwards, awesome. Roboto is really the Saitama of Golf! XD

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information