+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 780: ''The Hungry Front Lines - Luffy and the Navy Rookies!''

Default Re: 780: ''The Hungry Front Lines - Luffy and the Navy Rookies!''

Eh, Prody doesn't have the same charm as Jonathan. At least the moustache is there, so he gets bonus points from that.

Otherwise, I feel this could be much better if the characters were given more than 3 episodes to make me like them. It feels rushed.

I also found Zappa majorly creepy. Not in a good way.

i like john cena and randy playercena5241's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenPanda View Post
    I thought Garp wasn't a Vice Admiral anymore but rather just a special instructor. Can some clear that up for me.
    i was confuses too. they should not of showed garp the same as before. he is probably a changed man after the war.

NEVER GIVE UP.
    STRAGHT EDGE MEANS I BETTER THAN U.

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenPanda View Post
    I thought Garp wasn't a Vice Admiral anymore but rather just a special instructor. Can some clear that up for me.

I think either his full title now is "Special Instructor Vice Admiral Garp" or its one of those things where even when someone is retired you still address them by their former title out of respect

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik Dynomite View Post
    I think either his full title now is "Special Instructor Vice Admiral Garp" or its one of those things where even when someone is retired you still address them by their former title out of respect
    Its definitely the second one

Garp should be dressed like a retired old man like Sengoku at this point to avoid confusion.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Garp should be dressed like a retired old man like Sengoku at this point to avoid confusion.
    Sengoku's position is more laid back than Garp's so maybe that's why but both positions are laid back all in all

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

The coloring really stood out to me; much like the episode where the Straw Hats got to the top of Zunisha it was very atmospheric and crisp, helped along with some solid Yokoyama art. The director deserves a gold star for using all that serious music for goofy stuff like Zappa's scenes and the Straw Hats being on the verge of a Donner Party in the opening. It added a nice melodramatic touch to elevate the comedy.

Bonam's my favorite of the marine trio, as he seems like a pretty cool guy. Grount's very Devianart/tumblr OC-like and his character arc can be seen coming a mile away, and I too found Zappa rather creepy. At least Sanji's antics generally don't come off as that level of skeevy. Kind of a shame that Brook got benched, but I 'spose he's not as marketable as the MC, the FeMC, the mascot, and the future Straw Hat amirite?

Liked the variety in the marine mooks (hey, there were more than a couple women in there apart from the token one there for Nami to jack a disguise from!), the visual directing, the music, the absurdity of the disguises, the inclusion of the SBS detail that curry's the Navy's main dish - lot to like. Let's hope it lasts.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Bonam's the best. I usually like chill dudes like him, he makes Grunt's total shallowness bearable.

I would love to see Garp in a shirt matching Sengokus.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    the inclusion of the SBS detail that curry's the Navy's main dish - lot to like. Let's hope it lasts.
    I think it was mainly an easter egg to the anime filler episode where Sanji sneaks into a Marine Convoy that is, ironically, having food issues, and teaches them how to make good curry.

With it coming full circle now that the SH's are having a food crisis while Sanji is away, and being saved by that very same curry recipe

I think it's very poetic and one of the most thoughtful things ive seen from the OP anime in years

The Coolest Uncle Ever The Tenth Strawhat's Avatar

So I'm not the only one who likes Bonham the most? That's good to know. Then again, I tend to favor most of the burly characters in One Piece.
    The faces of a Strawhat.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information