+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: One Piece " Whole Cake Island Arc " begins April 9th 2017

Default Re: One Piece " Whole Cake Island Arc " begins April 9th 2017

Quote Originally Posted by BroBro View Post
    its super cringy. It reminds me of Blackbeard interrupting Wake up! every single time.
    The fight with Kaido is much closer to the fight with the Marines in Wake Up! - or the display of moves in Hard Knock Days, even - rather than the Blackbeard interlude

Spoiler:

Did I miss something in the internet zeitgeist where "cringy" is now used for instances that don't fit the definition?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Did I miss something in the internet zeitgeist where "cringy" is now used for instances that don't fit the definition?
    oh when fodderized or one-shotted was thrown around its okay but when i say cringy on a filler scene in an opening, its a problem? but yes it made me cringed. happy?
    IGN:TheBro 2191-7733-9582. Normal (Dunsparce, Teddiursa, Eevee)
    OPTC (JPN) FC: 223.189.439

TBH I don't think we'll have another version of We Can again. I personally think Oct. is the most likely time to have a new opening.

Quote Originally Posted by BroBro View Post
    oh when fodderized or one-shotted was thrown around its okay but when i say cringy on a filler scene in an opening, its a problem? but yes it made me cringed. happy?
    I dislike the over-usage of those words as well. Especially when they're used as buzzwords for power level nonsense.
    When I think of cringy, I think of something disgusting and unsettling in a weird sense. I just think a better word could be used.

Getting back on-topic..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun_Chopper View Post
    TBH I don't think we'll have another version of We Can again. I personally think Oct. is the most likely time to have a new opening.
    When was the last time a new opening aired in October? They seem to usually make their debuts in the Winter/Spring season.

WCI should be done in the manga by October.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    When was the last time a new opening aired in October? They seem to usually make their debuts in the Winter/Spring season.

WCI should be done in the manga by October.
    We Go I remember. I'll be super angry if we don't get a new opening this year.

Stupid Fuji Television.

when will change opening, we can is the worst opening Kitadani done for one piece,i want a song like hands up, we fight together, even hard knock days was nice!

We Can! is really forgettable compared to We Go! and of course We Are! The chorus is super repetitive. I think they were riding hard on the fact that Kishidan features in it.

I think Luffy vs Kaido is fine, the opening helps give new viewers an outline of who the main protagonists and antagonists are, Luffy next main goal is to dethrone Kaidou. The animation is a small step down from previous openings, new cosmetic changes such as font.

As for new animated scenes we are likely only going to get a taste of upcoming episodes at the very end, I doubt that the Luffy vs Kaido scene will be reanimated as much of the budget was thrown at it.

Instead we might have (SPOILERS):

Spoiler:
    Chopper & Co. in mirror world
    Brook sneaking
    Pedro fighting
    Big Mom's army
    Pudding/ Sanji's sister
    Luffy facing Sanji

That leaves time for a new opening towards the end of 2017. Hopefully not spoiling everything 4 months ahead of schedule for anime only viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopperrules View Post
    It makes about as much sense as any other random opening sequence. It's just there to hype up possible fights in the future based on nothing more than the what the animators probably imagine the fight will be like. And by that I mean Oda will do something totally different most likely.
    Well to me, it feels like Toei is saying : Big Mom is not cool enough so we still put a fight against Kaidoh even if they both are emperor.
    3DS FC : 0559-6804-1461

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey D View Post
    Well to me, it feels like Toei is saying : Big Mom is not cool enough so we still put a fight against Kaidoh even if they both are emperor.
    Well, this arc isn't really setting up a big clash against the Big Mom Pirates (though that's a debate for the manga section )

Spoiler:

Meh I'd rather just get a new opening with Big Mom animation anyway than get new animation plugged in.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information