+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: One Piece " Whole Cake Island Arc " begins April 9th 2017

Wano? Wa-yes! Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Default Re: One Piece " Whole Cake Island Arc " begins April 9th 2017

Quote Originally Posted by BroBro View Post
    its super cringy. It reminds me of Blackbeard interrupting Wake up! every single time.
    The fight with Kaido is much closer to the fight with the Marines in Wake Up! - or the display of moves in Hard Knock Days, even - rather than the Blackbeard interlude

Spoiler:

Did I miss something in the internet zeitgeist where "cringy" is now used for instances that don't fit the definition?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Did I miss something in the internet zeitgeist where "cringy" is now used for instances that don't fit the definition?
    oh when fodderized or one-shotted was thrown around its okay but when i say cringy on a filler scene in an opening, its a problem? but yes it made me cringed. happy?
    OPTC (JPN) FC: 223.189.439

TBH I don't think we'll have another version of We Can again. I personally think Oct. is the most likely time to have a new opening.

Quote Originally Posted by BroBro View Post
    oh when fodderized or one-shotted was thrown around its okay but when i say cringy on a filler scene in an opening, its a problem? but yes it made me cringed. happy?
    I dislike the over-usage of those words as well. Especially when they're used as buzzwords for power level nonsense.
    When I think of cringy, I think of something disgusting and unsettling in a weird sense. I just think a better word could be used.

Getting back on-topic..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun_Chopper View Post
    TBH I don't think we'll have another version of We Can again. I personally think Oct. is the most likely time to have a new opening.
    When was the last time a new opening aired in October? They seem to usually make their debuts in the Winter/Spring season.

WCI should be done in the manga by October.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    When was the last time a new opening aired in October? They seem to usually make their debuts in the Winter/Spring season.

WCI should be done in the manga by October.
    We Go I remember. I'll be super angry if we don't get a new opening this year.

Stupid Fuji Television.

when will change opening, we can is the worst opening Kitadani done for one piece,i want a song like hands up, we fight together, even hard knock days was nice!

We Can! is really forgettable compared to We Go! and of course We Are! The chorus is super repetitive. I think they were riding hard on the fact that Kishidan features in it.

I think Luffy vs Kaido is fine, the opening helps give new viewers an outline of who the main protagonists and antagonists are, Luffy next main goal is to dethrone Kaidou. The animation is a small step down from previous openings, new cosmetic changes such as font.

As for new animated scenes we are likely only going to get a taste of upcoming episodes at the very end, I doubt that the Luffy vs Kaido scene will be reanimated as much of the budget was thrown at it.

Instead we might have (SPOILERS):

Spoiler:
    Chopper & Co. in mirror world
    Brook sneaking
    Pedro fighting
    Big Mom's army
    Pudding/ Sanji's sister
    Luffy facing Sanji

That leaves time for a new opening towards the end of 2017. Hopefully not spoiling everything 4 months ahead of schedule for anime only viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopperrules View Post
    It makes about as much sense as any other random opening sequence. It's just there to hype up possible fights in the future based on nothing more than the what the animators probably imagine the fight will be like. And by that I mean Oda will do something totally different most likely.
    Well to me, it feels like Toei is saying : Big Mom is not cool enough so we still put a fight against Kaidoh even if they both are emperor.
    3DS FC : 0559-6804-1461

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey D View Post
    Well to me, it feels like Toei is saying : Big Mom is not cool enough so we still put a fight against Kaidoh even if they both are emperor.
    Well, this arc isn't really setting up a big clash against the Big Mom Pirates (though that's a debate for the manga section )

Spoiler:

Meh I'd rather just get a new opening with Big Mom animation anyway than get new animation plugged in.

I still think that big mom arc will end fast, if they keep up with the pace we'll be having a new arc and opening for autumn, october should be great, november at last.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoronoaZoro View Post
    I still think that big mom arc will end fast, if they keep up with the pace we'll be having a new arc and opening for autumn, october should be great, november at last.
    The arc isn't ending in the anime anytime soon. It hasn't even ended in the manga yet.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    The arc isn't ending in the anime anytime soon. It hasn't even ended in the manga yet.
    We already reached crackers though, no filler in between each episode, this can be done, and Oda said Wano start in 2017 means end of 2017 so november might be the end of this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoronoaZoro View Post
    We already reached crackers though, no filler in between each episode, this can be done, and Oda said Wano start in 2017 means end of 2017 so november might be the end of this arc.
    Oda want to have the Reverie and Wano Arc in 2017.
    Lets Go Rangers!
    United by Pride, Driven by Passion, Bound by Loyalty!

I AM A RANGER!!

Oda was referring to the manga. The anime is about a year behind.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Oda was referring to the manga. The anime is about a year behind.
    Yeah, I know. Forgot to mention it ;)
    Lets Go Rangers!
    United by Pride, Driven by Passion, Bound by Loyalty!

I AM A RANGER!!

I hope they get more creative with their filler, I'm not talking about interesting filler because lately they've been implementing very good filler that flows well with the rest of the episode.
    Hidden for spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    I hope they would extend some rushed parts of the arc so that other parts wouldn't be as extended and I would rather these parts to be even faster than the usual of the One Piece anime.
    Lately the anime keeps the 0.8 chapters per episode ratio with few 1 chapter for one episode, but I would like for them to change the formula a little bit, specially with some of the very rushed parts of the current arc, I would really like them to make some episodes cover 0.4-0.5 chapters while some other episodes potentially cover 1.2-1.5 chapters.
    I would like for them to show us how Chopper and Carrot got caught in the mirror world and how they started their plan.
    Maybe extend Brook VS unnamed Big Mom pirates in the treasure room instead of keeping it one hit KOs.
    And I believe it will be marvelous if Pedro VS Baron Tamago is stretched to an entire episode with about 5 minutes of flashback.
    Moreover, I think it is better for them to show us more of Sanji's flashback with Sola to let us feel for the characters.
    And when the wedding begins, they totally should extend Sanji VS Daifuku, Pedro VS Oven, and Jinbe VS the three unnamed Big Mom Pirates, instead of going the manga route where these fights were mere panels long.
    Furthermore, it will be awesome to see some of the more prominent unnamed Big Mom pirates that have speaking lines (like the longarm guy that holds wine, the one that throws fireballs, and the other ones that have similar cases) get their characters expanded upon instead of the glimpses we see from each of them.
    If they followed these steps they'll get more breathing room for some fast paced episodes.
    For example, the second half of chapter 868 should be merged with chapter 869 because they almost lack dialogue completely (due to Big Mom screaming).
    And they definitely shouldn't stretch chapter 872, this chapter is almost completely the fall of the chateau and I'm pretty sure people won't like another episode that resembles that Dressrosa episode in which people literally countdown 10 seconds in 20 minutes.

TL;DR
    I would like them to not only be creative with extra content they add, they should also be creative with what's better to be extended and what's better to be covered in a short time.

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

Anime One Piece on Break on sep 10th.

*.Episode 805

Quote Originally Posted by EMUNOPLA View Post
    New opeining scences for the same current opening starting from EP#800
    Did they move it?
    OPTC (JPN) FC: 223.189.439

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information