+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 862: The Intelligent Ones

Default Re: Chapter 862: The Intelligent Ones

I think Katakuri was just not expecting Sanji to have his CoO active, and of course with CoO if you both see the future you can both act accordingly (you can't predict with CoO what another guy is going to do if he is using CoO as well, unless yours reaches more into the future). I guess that escaping two years from Okamas helped Sanji develop it to a crazy extent.

Awesome chapter.

Luffy's final entrance is... beyond words

Quote Originally Posted by TurtleFishGuy View Post
    I would love Sanji to kick Katakuri's ass but it wont happen, How can he lose to Vergo but win against Katakuri?

Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    There is no chance in hell Sanji is gonna beat Katakuri. Not even a possiblity.

That being said, great chapter. Sanji dodging his attack like that, very nice.
    Imo was pretty clear from the beginning that Sanji will get a huge power-up from this arc, which will be the awakening of his super-human powers (like the rest of his brothers).

I don't see him beating now Katakouri mostly because they need to escape fast and beating Katakouri would require too much time which they don't have.
    So the full fight simply won't happen.

I would love Sanji to kick Katakuri's ass but it wont happen, How can he lose to Vergo but win against Katakuri?
    How Luffy fight against Franky on equal foot, loser against Lucci on Water 7 jsut tpo beat him mere hours later?

Holy shit... Do not take the fights until the climax seriously

Seems rushed to me

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard_LX View Post
    Please don't let Pudding turn good because of this...
    Pudding refrained herself from shooting Sanji in the most awaited moment of the arc because of some kind words, it seems obvious she will get kind of a redemption or this chapter would be a total nonsense.

Glorious entry by Luffy!

Did the priest fire the gun? Because it looks like he did. Did the bullet go into the crowd beneath them or was it just a miss?

I'm glad they kept Pudding's flashback short just to explain her being overwhelmed and stunned by emotion. Even after being stunned it looked like she was intent on killing Sanji so I don't see the comment changing her too much, just acting as a way to stun her.

Lol at Jinbe's speech bubble piercing Luffy's head. I love the way that panel was drawn overall.

Also, Katakuri getting into a battle stance! So excited for what will come next!
    Team Blackbeard

Lol so predictable what would happen with Pudding and not in a good way this shit getting old Oda. What a cringy backstory for Pudding.

It's funny how people were speculating before that luffy would take on a yonkou, and sanji+zoro would take on a commander each.. Now that the commanders have beem hyped up immensely, they think that the monster trio are way below commander tier.
    And about luffy vs cracker, i stronly believe that luffy would have figured out a way to beat cracker without namis help like he always does.
    I do believe that katakuri is stronger than sanji, but the main charactrs in shonen always get stronger by fighting stronger opponents.
    I expect something great from sanji from the upcoming chapters, even if it won't be vs katakuri.
    Just the fact that he was able to dodge a bullet from a direction he had no idea would come from is an incredible feat in my opinion, and dont forget that sanji also specializes in observation haki.

It wasn't bad...but Oda chose to show "again" that Sanji's chivalry (though one could say pervertedness, if that's even a word) can and usually is a positive trait, and he did choose to not let the pretty girl be uber evil and instead be...bullied.

Which, as I said, isn't necessarily bad, just...feels like we've seen this before.

Though short, the chapter has fantastic art, and the ending is cool. Can people recognize who's supposed to be each Luffy based on their facial expressions?

This won't happen, yet it hypes!

Spoiler:

Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it
    Even if something can be known about it, knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnet View Post
    Imo is pretty clear that Sanji will get a huge power-up from this arc, which will be the awakening of his super-human powers (like the rest of his brothers)/
    Sanji is alrealdy super-human. He is stronger than 99% of all people in one piece and he clearly beat the shit out of his brother and was about to kick the other brother to a pulp. Sanjis "potential" already awakened during his life , he just needed a few more years compared to his brothers. I cant really see any power up here. that would just cheapen his training all thee years.

Well that also gives refreshed perspective on Sanji being unable to dodge Doflamingo here
    Spoiler:

That attack was too wide to avoid from point blank so Sanji would need to have CoA stronger than Doflamingo to avoid getting cut...

Also if I get back to fight with Vergo - Sanji looked far more worried when he avoided kick to face from Vergo than he looked after avoiding Katakuris attack.

Oda is quite delicate with build up to reveal Sanjis trump card of an ability that he certainly has. I think we are 2/3 through this arc so plenty more action to see and I hope that some of Vinsmokes(Niji is numero uno here) will get their ass beaten badly before they can get their gear back and show us why they were so respected and hyped till now.

Now Pudding and Sanji are official married.

Quote Originally Posted by oikgerd View Post
    Seems rushed to me
    Rushed would be if Luffy broke out of the cake in the middle of the chapter.
    Are you a retard?
    The fuck, man?
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

no,BAD oda,bad!
    don't even try to redeem Pudding NOW..can't she just be evil at this point?
    you already ruined the coherency of the story by making her eveil..and now you are gonna make her a misunderstood little snowflake?no,oda,no!

other than that the visual of the dozens of luffys exploding from the cake looks good.

Getting bullied in Totland for having three eyes? That's like getting fired from Apple for being gay.

Am I the only one who liked the part with Pudding? It's not only surprising to her, but also us readers. Big Mom, collector and uniter of all races, yet os disgusted by her daughters third eye? That's amazing in a way.

It came from leftfield, was surprising and fit with her nasty personality. Not everything needs to have been mentioned beforehand, this was believable and well executed IMO.

So Sanji finally made it, and all without failing to his own rules.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information