+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 862: The Intelligent Ones

Default Re: Chapter 862: The Intelligent Ones

Quote Originally Posted by sonnet View Post
    Imo was pretty clear from the beginning that Sanji will get a huge power-up from this arc, which will be the awakening of his super-human powers (like the rest of his brothers).

I don't see him beating now Katakouri mostly because they need to escape fast and beating Katakouri would require too much time which they don't have.
    So the full fight simply won't happen.
    I would rather say that Sanji will show his trump card during this arc. Something he came up with during 2 years of training on Okama island - my 2 guesses would be that he can use CoA hardening along with Diable Jambe to create Blue Fire that can even melt steel - he has "Diable... " boiling red attacks so him getting blue fire as contrast along with some "Angelo.." sort of named attacks would be really really cool.

It would also make a lot of sense for him as he is a son of devil(Judge) and angel(Sora, his mother).

Second power up I expect I already mentioned few times sooo...

When I seen Baki Dou manga I thought that it could be cool if Sanji beside Sky Walk learned some of Life Return techniques that would make his body more buff and extremely sturdy and refined muscles but it would make him look a bit monstrous/okamish so thats why he avoided using it before- for example against Vergo. After that fight he thought to himself that "if fight would continue like that he would have.." with a frowned face.. I always seen that as bit weird as after loosing to Doflamingo where ha had no chance to win all of what Sanji shown was perverted face when thiking about Violet...

I enjoyed the chapter. Pudding was defeated by kindness :) and it wasn't like she changed her mind about killing him.

Quote Originally Posted by TurtleFishGuy View Post
    Are you a retard?
    Yep I am and now lets move on

With all the shit that's happening I think Big Mom's going to throw a huge temper tantrum and at that point will she even notice Mother Caramel's photo being torn apart? It seems like the plan just went down the toilet right out of the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    http://readms.net/r/one_piece/862/4176/1

Mangastream is out as well... Added to 1st post

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

What if Katakuri will simply blame the priest and say they were up for a betrayal and the Vinsmokes will be against the SHs as well
    reiju can simply explain the situation for them..she wants to die but she also wants to save sanji,she is not gonna make his family fight against him without saying anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lengsel View Post
    Did the priest fire the gun? Because it looks like he did. Did the bullet go into the crowd beneath them or was it just a miss?
    The way I understood it, the priest was about to fire (which Sanji would have dodged anyway as foreseen by Katakuri) but got shot himself before he could pull the trigger by Katakuri's bean (which Sanji unexpectedly dodged).
    As for the crowd seeing/hearing a shot (not clear on this one), I'd put it down to the impact of the bean

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    The way I understood it, the priest was about to fire (which Sanji would have dodged anyway as foreseen by Katakuri) but got shot himself before he could pull the trigger by Katakuri's bean (which Sanji unexpectedly dodged).
    As for the crowd seeing/hearing a shot (not clear on this one), I'd put it down to the impact of the bean
    The gun was smoking when Katakuri hit him.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

How do you get bullied for having 3 eyes when you're Big Mum's daughter and live on an island of freaks?

Quote Originally Posted by TurtleFishGuy View Post
    I would love Sanji to kick Katakuri's ass but it wont happen, How can he lose to Vergo but win against Katakuri? Unless he gets a huge power up.
    Simple he didn't actually lose to Vergo. Vergo just hurt him.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    Getting bullied in Totland for having three eyes? That's like getting fired from Apple for being gay.
    Yeah it's a bullshit twist but it's Oda and females what can you fo other than shake your head.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStoner View Post
    Simple he didn't actually lose to Vergo. Vergo just hurt him.
    We might soon see some amazing skill that Sanji didnt used since timeskip that would give new perspective to their fight and make it so we would see Sanji beating fair and square Vergo if their fight would have finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Xskart View Post
    Sanji is alrealdy super-human. He is stronger than 99% of all people in one piece and he clearly beat the shit out of his brother and was about to kick the other brother to a pulp. Sanjis "potential" already awakened during his life , he just needed a few more years compared to his brothers. I cant really see any power up here. that would just cheapen his training all thee years.
    I don't think his genetic super-human traits have awakened yet.
    If they were, he wouldn't have almost broken his leg against Vergo (considering Sanji is more CoA oriented , his haki shouldn't be that weaker compared to Vergo and with the superhuman strength of the body showed by his brothers-whose even their skin can't be pierced by guns..- his bones wouldn't have certainly cracked ).

Sanji needs to be stronger to face commanders or stand against admirals and this is the perfect occasion to give him the chance to get it.
    I don't think the thing about his brothers genetic traits was put there by chance. It all perfectly fits (even too well I'd dare to say).
    Sanji will never get a DF so unlike Luffy he can't power-up by using better his fruit or awakening secret abilities of the df.

As also it's not like Sanji is gonna get such a focus as on this arc ever again.

Maybe BM just considers everyone a freak and Pudding is not the only one

As usual, Oda delivers! Im so happy I cant stop the tears dammit....

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    Oh that was a fantastic chapter. Lots going on and really interesting developments. Not even sure where it's gonna go now. Both Big Mom and Pudding are huge wild cards right now, as are the Vinsmokes and Straw Hats. Next chapter is gonna be chaos.

Also it seems Katakuri saw that Sanji dodged, but didn't realize til after the fact that it was his own shot that he dodged?
    I agree with that last part, Katakuri was so confident in himself and underestimating Sanji at the same time didn't take into account that it was his own shot that he saw Sanji dodge. That was so badass by Sanji. Pudding is sooo stunning!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Tony View Post
    As usual, Oda delivers! Im so happy I cant stop the tears dammit....
    I actually teared up a little when I saw Sanji dodge the attack like I am pretty damn certain we're about to see a devil Sanji in this wedding. He's already acknowledged by "dogtooth" and he's going to gain the respect of his family as they see him in action.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnet View Post
    I don't think his genetic super-human traits have awakened yet.
    If they were, he wouldn't have almost broken his leg against Vergo (considering Sanji is more CoA oriented , his haki shouldn't be that weaker compared to Vergo and with the superhuman strength of the body showed by his brothers-whose even their skin can't be pierced by guns..- his bones wouldn't have certainly cracked ).

Sanji needs to be stronger to face commanders or stand against admirals and this is the perfect occasion to give him the chance to get it.
    I don't think the thing about his brothers genetic traits was put there by chance. It all perfectly fits (even too well I'd dare to say).
    Sanji will never get a DF so unlike Luffy he can't power-up by using better his fruit or awakening secret abilities of the df.

As also it's not like Sanji is gonna get such a focus as on this arc ever again.
    Be careful of what you say about his genetics you're going to get a lot of hate coming your way because a lot of these guys on here hate the idea of him getting an "asspull" power up and want him to remain different from his modified siblings because that will show he outdid them even without their advantage. I for one would love to see a late blossom-er get a little power up.

Year of Sanji, let's go!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Leg View Post
    How do you get bullied for having 3 eyes when you're Big Mum's daughter and live on an island of freaks?
    maybe she is adopted?
    i mean tit's the only daughter with a specific quirk that big mom was looking for..it's possible than instead of getting a male to make a child with she just got her hands on one and adopted her

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    The gun was smoking when Katakuri hit him.
    Oh, that's right. Looking at that panel closer, I'd say I was mistaken and the priest does shoot right when Kata's bean hits him. Being able to read the sound effects might help clear the confusion

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    Oh that was a fantastic chapter. Lots going on and really interesting developments. Not even sure where it's gonna go now. Both Big Mom and Pudding are huge wild cards right now, as are the Vinsmokes and Straw Hats. Next chapter is gonna be chaos.

Also it seems Katakuri saw that Sanji dodged, but didn't realize til after the fact that it was his own shot that he dodged?
    He had no choice but be the one to "shoot" him in the situation, he had no other options. Whenever he foresaw it or not makes difference, other than maybe he adjusted strength of that attack, but regardless it still failed.
    edit: ok, didn't notice that priest was pointing the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    maybe she is adopted?
    i mean tit's the only daughter with a specific quirk that big mom was looking for..it's possible than instead of getting a male to make a child with she just got her hands on one and adopted her
    That's actually a good possibilty

Can't believe people were holding out on Sanji actually hitting Pudding for some comeuppance and were labelling it as "potential growth" for Sanji's character. You've clearly been reading the wrong manga because this is a character who'd rather die than do something like that, call it a quirk or a flaw, it doesn't matter, it's who Sanji is and it's here to stay.

Year of Sanji, let's go!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information