+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 862: The Intelligent Ones

Default Re: Chapter 862: The Intelligent Ones

I have conflicting feelings about this chapter. On the one hand, Pudding's change of heart and "sad backstory" feels forced as hell (just like so many other things in this arc), but on the other, it was helluva funny to see her break down in tears etc. Inner/Outer Pudding/Sanji and Luffy's entrance were all kinds of awesome though.
    All hail Machvise-sama, Arlong Park Character Tournament 2016 Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyBlue View Post
    I can understand Chopper facing discrimination among the human population.
    But Pudding being discriminated in WCI where everyone look bizarre & consist of different races? What? And she was one of Big mom daughter & people still dare to bully her? A third eye is apparently too weird in WCI??
    Feel like forced drama where Pudding will really fall in love with Sanji & turn good. It's the Viola situation again. Oda will probably spin it to show how Sanji's kindness was a good thing.
    the architecture in the flshback doesn't seem something you would see on whole cake island or any other totland island (they don't appear to be made of sweets)

but we see very little of that to be certain

Guys, Oda had this in mind from the very moment he introduced Pudding, how can you say it is "forced"?

But Pudding being discriminated in WCI where everyone look bizarre & consist of different races? What? And she was one of Big mom daughter & people still dare to bully her? A third eye is apparently too weird in WCI??
    Feel like forced drama where Pudding will really fall in love with Sanji & turn good. It's the Viola situation again. Oda will probably spin it to show how Sanji's kindness was a good thing.
    I don't understand this argument. How does environment consisting of different races and bizzare people warrants no discrimination? Why does beign daughter of big mom warrants no discrimination towards her? I don't get it, it isn't like there is any police force on the island to keep handle on bullies, or at least not that we know of.

Yeah, the chapter's set-up kills the fake memories/Pudding trick theory for me.

I guess we can start with the pros - there's going to be serious chaos next chapter, Luffy's entrance was awesome, in general just a pretty fun kind of chapter.

But the cons....surely there HAS to be something more to this?
    Like I'm sure everyone has said, three eyes are the thing that creeps out Big Mom? When most of her roster is filled with eccentric looking children and associates? Even in the OP world in general, a third eye should be small potatoes in terms of "freak people".
    So I'm not a fan of this. There was more to be hinted with Pudding, but I personally enjoyed her more when she was evil and manipulative, and I wanted Sanji to get the last laugh over her. But a heel turn like this? It overlaps a little too much with Baby 5 and that other girl Franky fought.

#notmypudding

We've not had much information on the Three Eyed Tribe yet, so possibly there's a historical reason (justified or not) for the discrimination.

Favourite moment this chapter was Katakuri at the end being paralysed into inaction by the absurd future he's foreseen over the next page.

Damn, this is the first time I notice that Katakuri has a Glasgow smile. That's badass point right there! And he gives off this Zoro-like feeling about him. Probably intentional since he's Big Mom's No. 2.
    Some long-term predictions:
    Vegapunk with Paw-Paw fruit for Nakama!!!
    Kaidou is gonna be killed by Blackbeard and get his strongest Zoan DF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurloz View Post
    It makes no sense for her to be disgusted by it considering that she would have to willingly get laid by a three eyed man to have Pudding, and just a few chapters before this she was shown creaming her pants with joy at the prospect of Pudding's 3rd eye awakening a remarkable power that can help her achieve one of her dreams. To which Pudding said that Big Mom asks about her awakening her power like that all the time. I'd even be willing to accept Pudding being singled out in a country where every species in the world coexists since she'd be the only one with 3 eyes, if Oda was at least consistent with how Big Mom thought of her.

But now the woman who had sex with Pound is going "Ew that's gross" to the trait of a child she presumably had for the express purpose of utilizing that trait to achieve an extraordinary feat that almost no one else in the world can achieve.
    As much as this arc doesn't seem to deserve it, I am going to give Oda the benefit of the doubt here.

Maybe Pudding memory powers are at play here? She was bullied because she was different, so she used her powers to make BM think she was her daughter. When she found out that wasn't enough for BM to like her, she used the powers again to make BM think the third eye was useful having the power to read poneglyphs.

This wouldn't justify why people in OP world would find her weird to the point of bullying her (even if that's not Totto Land, it's not like the rest of OP world is any less bizarre), but could work for the other aspects. Plus, "Pudding for NN" supporters could benefit from her eye not taking Robin's utility away.

EDIT: Actually, looking at the buildings at the background, it was clearly TL.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; April 13th, 2017 at 04:05 AM.
    FC.0147-0584-2654

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    Yeah, the chapter's set-up kills the fake memories/Pudding trick theory for me.

I guess we can start with the pros - there's going to be serious chaos next chapter, Luffy's entrance was awesome, in general just a pretty fun kind of chapter.

But the cons....surely there HAS to be something more to this?
    Like I'm sure everyone has said, three eyes are the thing that creeps out Big Mom? When most of her roster is filled with eccentric looking children and associates? Even in the OP world in general, a third eye should be small potatoes in terms of "freak people".
    So I'm not a fan of this. There was more to be hinted with Pudding, but I personally enjoyed her more when she was evil and manipulative, and I wanted Sanji to get the last laugh over her. But a heel turn like this? It overlaps a little too much with Baby 5 and that other girl Franky fought.

#notmypudding
    only thing i can think is that big mom was kinda joking and didn't know how much that third eye bothered pudding,anything other than that doesn't make much sense since she is the captain of a crew of freaks

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    only thing i can think is that big mom was kinda joking and didn't know how much that third eye bothered pudding,anything other than that doesn't make much sense since she is the captain of a crew of freaks
    Timeco's memory theory might be the case? Idk.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCaesar View Post
    Guys, Oda had this in mind from the very moment he introduced Pudding, how can you say it is "forced"?
    Forced doesn't mean unplanned.

I am trying to understand why people think pudding would not get bullied just because she on a island full of freaks .
    People are acting like children or people in fact need some deep reason or motive to be mean to people .
    She is the odd person out with 3 eyes and people ( other famliy members etc etc ) make fun \abuse her .
    It rather simple .
    TLG , FFVIIR and Shenmue 3 2015 the E3 of dreams .

Great chapter.....you guys forgot about sanji 'chivalry'....when it come to protect a lady his boost of power increase lol... he can beat or at least hold katakuri...wtf for 2 years training if he cant hold katakuri...or they need 10 years lol...

katakuri also shock and hesitate with big mom... he dodged 'TWICE"

that make no sense for me that she was bullied for having 3 eyes. look at all the freak in that place and having 3 eye is weird? doent make any sense

Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    I am trying to understand why people think pudding would not get bullied just because she on a island full of freaks .
    People are acting like children or people in fact need some deep reason or motive to be mean to people .
    She is the odd person out with 3 eyes and people ( other famliy members etc etc ) make fun \abuse her .
    It rather simple .
    Just like Sanji with the Vinsmokes

Quote Originally Posted by Yobiyopi View Post
    SanPu confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    There is no chance in hell Sanji is gonna beat Katakuri. Not even a possiblity.

That being said, great chapter. Sanji dodging his attack like that, very nice.
    He is gonna beat the sh*t out of him. I HOPE SANJI AWAKENS THE TSUNAMI IN HIM!!!!

Ore wa LUFFY !! Kaizoku-ō ni naru otoko da!
    BEST AMV EVER

Quote Originally Posted by Xskart View Post
    that make no sense for me that she was bullied for having 3 eyes. look at all the freak in that place and having 3 eye is weird? doent make any sense
    the buildings in the flashback don't seem to be made of candy7sweets,so it probably was not whole cake island..or any place on totland really

but they are kind of flamboyant and we see very little of them,so maybe it is,i don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobiyopi View Post
    In some ways yes LOL.
    Hell he get bullied just because he wanted to cook .
    TLG , FFVIIR and Shenmue 3 2015 the E3 of dreams .

Pudding is the only human or whatever race she is with the 3 eyes, who gives a crap about the diversity, she has a third eye, people teasing her specially kids is perfectly acceptable.

"oh she has living cakes and clouds", yeah but those things are Big Mom creations not one of her kids.

I liked the plot twist once again(just like I liked when Oda did it the first time), seems to some people ever since the timeskip nothing is fucking good, "derp Naruto went to shit after the timeskip" that means I have to say and act the same way for One Piece.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information