Thread: One Piece 863: The Consumate Gentleman

Slim Shady is my lady Medical Orbit's Avatar
    Riding on a dolphin, doing flips and shit

Default Re: One Piece 863: The Consumate Gentleman

Pokemon Sun and Moon spoilers below.

I just realized how very similar Big Mom is to

Spoiler:
    Lusamine.
    -Both of them have specific plans for their children down to the clothes they wear, and if the children don't want those plans, they're dead to Big Mom/Lusamine
    -Both of them are very quick to snap if something doesn't go their way
    -Both have some kind of condition that effects their actions sometimes. Big Mom has her eating disorder and Lusamine was under the influence of Nihilego's neurotoxin. Bonus points for Big Mom if it ends up being true that Pudding altered her memories.
    -A request to save someone led to the main character going after them. Sanji's request to save his family -> wedding infiltration, Lillie wanting to save her mother -> go to Ultra Space.
    -Both of them are attached to odd/supernatural creatures. Lusamine with the Ultra Beasts and Big Mom having an entire library of fantasy creatures (along with wanting family of every race except giants).
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by ARTEMlS View Post
    Then agreed on this! Though the inability to differentiate real and fake Brooke is hard at the borderline to sheer stupidity. With a veeeeery big grain of salt I can see it as affected due still being somewhat sleepy.
    How can she be stupid for not recognizing the skeleton? skeletons are pretty similar.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    The uncontrollable food rampage hasn't happened yet and the picture only just broke. It'll probably begin next chapter.
    But it did happen based on her spiral eyes this chapter.

Spoiler:

Based on this, it's not the food, but the souls that calm bm's uncontrolled food rampage. The food from jimbei had souls in it, since it was alive. And the cooks souls stops her from the rampage. It doesn't seem like she just wants normal cake, but alive cake.

That's why the cake has skulls and crosses on it, representing the lifes used to give it life and bm eats it. Bm even said now that lifespan is her favorite food.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; April 21st, 2017 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    He is answering to the future event.
    You need to read posts more carefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

My only question is why Brook is masquerading Luffy...?
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow5963 View Post
    How can she be stupid for not recognizing the skeleton? skeletons are pretty similar.
    The dummy skeleton's Afro was made out of seaweed.

for the ppl who think big mom's power is nerfed is mistaken. Yes, its scary that big mom can take your soul however with the information we got this week, we know they have fear her first. One thing everyone forgets is that big mom didnt just start off being scary. her fruit didnt have the same power it does without her actually inputting fear into ppl. Jinbei (and luffy) wont lose their lives but just bc they won't lose it from her df doesn't mean big mom can't whoop their ass to kingdom come

Big Mom>Kaido ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar

Also remember that Big Mom was distracted pretty quickly from Brook once she realized it was the day of the tea party. Who knows what she would have thought if she fully woke up with the fake still around.

Spoiler:

When Nami, Chopper and Carrot are about to leave Mirror World Carrot talks about her having "the earplugs". Have I missed earlier talks about earplugs being part of the plan? Best I can think of is them being used to protect the three from Big Moms crazy scream once the picture breaks.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeAce View Post
    When Nami, Chopper and Carrot are about to leave Mirror World Carrot talks about her having "the earplugs". Have I missed earlier talks about earplugs being part of the plan? Best I can think of is them being used to protect the three from Big Moms crazy scream once the picture breaks.
    Bege called them something like sound cancellers, but were really just earplugs.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    So Big Mom NEEDS to have her target afraid for the power to work? Man, I'm underwhelmed by her. Seems like she's reliant on the homies as well. To top it off, she likely will be immobilized soon. Hopefully she actually does something significant.
    The picture being broken is going to power her up and make her damageable at the same time I think... like a double edged sword.

I find it strange that Mother Caramel was smoking and has an eye brow covered. Is she related to the Vinsmokes?

Discovered Stowaway K. Kira XXIII's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    You need to read posts more carefully.
    I did, but I am not sure what is weird about it? We have seen him interrupting people and given that he can see the future, why not? He has been in no more than 4 chapters, would you have liked this to be established more?

I am genuinely curious about what is that bothers you.

Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku

Is there something wrong about a guy that can cut you without being seen sneaking into the photo while Big Mom is busy punishing an evildoer?
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    The dummy skeleton's Afro was made out of seaweed.
    Even so, it does not make her stupid, and besides it was done more as gag.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Is there something wrong about a guy that can cut you without being seen sneaking into the photo while Big Mom is busy punishing an evildoer?
    I just wonder why Brook decided to put on that disguise in the first place. Luffy's plan seems to only be about him and the animals, and Brook isn't the type to doubt Luffy's credibility prematurely. Seeing him act on his own is really cool, but a bit weird.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    I just wonder why Brook decided to put on that disguise in the first place. Luffy's plan seems to only be about him and the animals, and Brook isn't the type to doubt Luffy's credibility prematurely. Seeing him act on his own is really cool, but a bit weird.
    I guess it was by the time they realized who the real Luffy was, they wouldn't bother checking the fake ones.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

I guess it was by the time they realized who the real Luffy was, they wouldn't bother checking the fake ones.
    Katakuri did order them to leave the other luffys alone once he was identified

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

I'm not talking about the Big Mom Pirates. I'm talking about how the Straw Hats formulated a strategy and Brook apparently felt like acting on his own without telling anybody. His plan itself is great though.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    I'm not talking about the Big Mom Pirates. I'm talking about how the Straw Hats formulated a strategy and Brook apparently felt like acting on his own without telling anybody. His plan itself is great though.
    Hope do we know he did this on his own? Is there any indication other than his doing this part separate from the rest that he wasn't operating according to plan?

Waldorf:

I did, but I am not sure what is weird about it? We have seen him interrupting people and given that he can see the future, why not? He has been in no more than 4 chapters, would you have liked this to be established more?

I am genuinely curious about what is that bothers you.
    The post before that one, where I prove I'm not totally oblivious to the fact he sees future? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's just surprising from an author that felt like he had to remind us what Brulee can do with mirrors in this same chapter. And it is the first time we see Potato reply to future conversation. Considering these factors, I wasn't sure if it was that or bad translation.

In short, your "He is answering to the future event." reply was completely unnecessary. Maybe next time you could give me the benefit of the doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information