Mixed feelings regarding this chapter:
The spread is cool, I suppose this is the ultimate legitimization to the digital colored version, huh!? But I don't get why some characters are b&w (I mean, Smoothie is ok because the colorization didn't caught up to her appearance nor she appeared in any color spread. But Borsalino? Lucci? Kanjurou?)
- Ok, this "mirror in the cake" bit was the part that bugged me most. If they can simply sneak mirrors into the party like that, why the whole escaping plan depends on Caesar flying into the party with a mirror so they can leave through it? I swear I am not hating this plot, I actually wanted everything to be as tightly done as always, but god damn the writing in WCI seem keep getting sloppier by the minute.
- And don't even let me get started on no one knowing about Luffy escaping just because Opera didn't tell.
- BM powers only working on people afraid of dying was already mentioned before (almost sure), so I don't think it is a nerf pulled out of nowhere. But still, for all the praise this woman gets from other characters all the time, she is still failing to do anything impressive.
- I love how last week I was thinking "multiple Luffys are perfect to counter Katakuri CoO" and then Luffy instantly throws that away by announcing which Luffy is the real one. Capone's reaction is also priceless.
- Since last week I am under the impression the paneling is kinda off here. First was the part with Pudding breaking down in tears and now the sake cup scene. I mean, the scene was really cool anyways, but I think this is one of those cases when a double-spread would be perfect, it's like Jinbe's badassery was toned down with the scene being swarmed by so many other panels (it almost look like a fan edit).
- The photography BROKE? Huh!? That's... weird. I wonder if there's something up in there.