+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 863: The Consumate Gentleman

Default Re: One Piece 863: The Consumate Gentleman

I really don't like how they are planning to save the vinsmokes. I wonder how Nami will feel once she knows she just saved "human scum" that are 10x worse than Caesar.

Hmm I wonder if life fruit has similar effect like brook's. Wonder when bege kills big mom she gets revived after that.

Who is the red-haired chick to the left of Robin in the Color spread?

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    rather chaotic chapter...could have been structured a bit better.

yet another retcon from oda though..now we can have logia who aren't related to anything on natural phenomenons,despite remembering clearly an sbs where he said all of them were...now the candy syrup logia or the paper logia sound dangerously canon

did he really needed to be a logia at all?couldn't he just be a paramecia that produces that stuff like mr 3?
    I originally thought Totland was man-made. but someone brought it up in the spoiler thread that Paradise had candy rain at somepoint. Candy could be a weather-like element in the one piece world.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
    I really don't like how they are planning to save the vinsmokes. I wonder how Nami will feel once she knows she just saved "human scum" that are 10x worse than Caesar.
    They're mostly doing it for Reiju, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    It is supposed to be explained this chapter. If you are afraid, she can take some of your lifespan
    Quote Originally Posted by MistressPaige View Post
    The idea is that if you fear death your soul can be taken but having no fear of death and you are completely content with it means it can't be touched.
    I understand that part.

What I don't get is why she has to ask a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    I understand that part.

I think that's her way of calling her attack.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

I understand that part.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Given her power is triggered by fear of death, making her attack call a form of threat is fitting.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

I understand that part.

As king said most likely the way how she set the terms for the attack.
    TLG , FFVIIR and Shenmue 3 2015 the E3 of dreams .

Quote Originally Posted by Logia View Post
    Who is the red-haired chick to the left of Robin in the Color spread?
    http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Baccarat

Katakuri's fruit is a total rehash of Gasparde's, down to its weakness to one particular substance even. I realize Gasparde is non-canon but still lol.

Anyway, what a brilliant chapter. Can't wait to see what's happening next. I don't feel like Big Mom's "weakness" is devaluing her fruit too much, there's still much to be explained about it, especially about the ways she can utilize the souls she steals.

Discovered Stowaway K. Kira XXIII's Avatar

The first page and half is something I really do not like, but seems necessary considering how many people need to be told explicitely everything. Many knew that Capone had ordered his men to place mirrors inside the wedding cake, was seeing this flashback needed?

Bad joke: "Sanji is kinder than anyone" Tell that to the knocked out priest that was still in the altar.

Seems like the head chef made it without dying. Morgans is such a journalist. I wonder what will the title be for the upcoming newspaper. I would like to see Blackbeard's reaction to reading it.

I have had a suspicion that Brulee might make Gastino turn on them. However, it is such a predictable thing (Gastino betraying them) that I hope that if the plan fails I hope something else is used.

I really liked the small scuffle between Luffy and Katakuri. Luffy is getting ready to take out the picture, but he then immediately attempts to block Katakuri's kick. Of course, as stated before, Luffy will have the hardest time against all these tricky devil fruits. Jimbe's explanation of Katakuri's power also suggests that they did not inform them of Katakuri's strengths. Also, the line from Katakuri: "Stop analyzing me like that" Is that a comment on how Jimbe starts explaining his powers the next panel. These are good small details.

Bad Joke 2: So no one is going to mention how Katakuri fights using his *legs* to give more ~reasoning~ for why he should fight Sanji?! You all let me down.

Big News is just going to get the scoop of a ~life~time. Also as Mama realizes that her whole deal is going down the drain she shows again her true colors, willing to kill Jimbe and presumably the others, because there is no way she was going to uphold what Jimbe requested of her.

Brook. I knew it. The fact that he is disguising himself can only mean he does not want Big Mom to recognize him and chase after them bones. Yohoho!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post

Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku

Quote Originally Posted by Salva View Post
    Katakuri's fruit is a total rehash of Gasparde's, down to its weakness to one particular substance even. I realize Gasparde is non-canon but still lol.

Anyway, what a brilliant chapter. Can't wait to see what's happening next. I don't feel like Big Mom's "weakness" is devaluing her fruit too much, there's still much to be explained about it, especially about the ways she can utilize the souls she steals.
    Wasn't Gasparde's weakness being hardened or congealed with flour?

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.

The first page and half is something I really do not like, but seems necessary considering how many people need to be told explicitely everything. Many knew that Capone had ordered his men to place mirrors inside the wedding cake, was seeing this flashback needed?

Bad joke: "Sanji is kinder than anyone" Tell that to the knocked out priest that was still in the altar.

Seems like the head chef made it without dying. Morgans is such a journalist. I wonder what will the title be for the upcoming newspaper. I would like to see Blackbeard's reaction to reading it.

I have had a suspicion that Brulee might make Gastino turn on them. However, it is such a predictable thing (Gastino betraying them) that I hope that if the plan fails I hope something else is used.

I really liked the small scuffle between Luffy and Katakuri. Luffy is getting ready to take out the picture, but he then immediately attempts to block Katakuri's kick. Of course, as stated before, Luffy will have the hardest time against all these tricky devil fruits. Jimbe's explanation of Katakuri's power also suggests that they did not inform them of Katakuri's strengths. Also, the line from Katakuri: "Stop analyzing me like that" Is that a comment on how Jimbe starts explaining his powers. These are good small details.

Bad Joke 2: So no one is going to mention how Katakuri fights using his *legs* to give more ~reasoning~ for why he should fight Sanji?! You all let me down.

Big News is just going to get the scoop of a ~life~time. Also as Mama realizes that her whole deal is going down the drain she shows again her true colors, willing to kill Jimbe and presumably the others, because there is no way she was going to uphold what Jimbe requested of her.

Brook. I knew it. The fact that he is disguising himself can only mean he does not want Big Mom to recognize him and chase after them bones. Yohoho!
    as long as capone has caesar's heart,he is not gonna betray anyone

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    That's probably it, which disappoints me a little. Asking a life threatening question makes me assume the choices matter. But Mama might as well have said "Fish or Chips" to Jinbe in a very terrifying voice and nothing would've changed. What is even the point of answering? If Jimbei had just walked away without fear would nothing have happened?

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    Wasn't Gasparde's weakness being hardened or congealed with flour?
    Yes, that's what I was referring to: What's water to Katakuri was flour to Gasparde. But everything else is pretty much the same (at least that's what it seems like)

Yes, that's what I was referring to: What's water to Katakuri was flour to Gasparde. But everything else is pretty much the same (at least that's what it seems like)
    or like water to croco's or rubber to enel's..a weakness to a natural element has always been a thing for logia,not only gasparde's

or like water to croco's or rubber to enel's..a weakness to a natural element has always been a thing for logia,not only gasparde's
    I mean yes, it's not exclusive to those two. But I didn't mean to make it sound like that's what immediately reminded me of Gasparde.

Discovered Stowaway K. Kira XXIII's Avatar

as long as capone has caesar's heart,he is not gonna betray anyone
    And I do hope it stays that way. So far the plan has been successful, so I am very intrigued on how it all starts going south.

To be fair, Brulee could just move over and exit the mirror world, making Gastino unable to move between both worlds. I just think his frustration is going to lead somewhere. Maybe not.

Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku

So Armament Haki CAN be used with Logia fruits after all. Hmph, go figure. :)

Also, Jinbe was pretty damn badass this chapter!
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (SPECIAL UPDATE 9/6/17)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)
    THE ROKUSHIKI ROBIN CHALLENGE (click on the title to see how to enter!!)

The powers yeah. But weakness thing is just how Logias work.

Waldorf:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information