+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 864: The Vinsmoke Family Slaughter Plot

Default Re: One Piece 864: The Vinsmoke Family Slaughter Plot

Did i read this wrong or is Luffy, being Luffy, actually putting the picture together before he shows it to Big Mom ? xD

I still have hope for the Vinsmoke bros, since i expect Ichiji and Niji to have DFs (Niji's electric punch or kick with Sanji ? don't remember) they'll probably react the moment they see an oppening, being so damn cold will maybe come in handy in the end.

Discovered Stowaway The Humanoid Typhoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    Hahahaha, Judge has awful foresight and the brothers are more stiff than I thought.

And damn, I wonder how Daifuku's fruit works exactly. It looks like he can heat things up, that could be really devastating if he can do that fast and to really high degrees.
    You mean Oven here.

I feel like this is a huge calm before the storm moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellamy_ View Post
    I think its normal observation haki, but he can not just see his one future but that of other people...
    Normal observation doesn't see any future, no? I figured it was simply observation of things and life-force and whatnot. Dogtooth is special because he can see a little bit in the future. Or at least a possible future.
    "I've seen so many young men over the years who think they're running at other young men. They are not. They are running at me.
    - Death

Quote Originally Posted by projectelf View Post
    16 chars of obviously

Quote Originally Posted by The Humanoid Typhoon View Post
    You mean Oven here.
    Daifuku, Oven, potayto, potahto
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

Quote Originally Posted by projectelf View Post
    The storm will probably be Big Mom going on a tantrum craving for another Wedding Cake, that is the future Katakuri has probably seen and not Big Mom being killed as Bege is thinking.
    This new era those guys talk about is total bullshit. An era when pirate dreams are ending?!!! Huh? Well?! ZEHAHAHAHAHA.....
    PEOPLE'S DREAMS..... NEVER END!!!!
    Ain't that right?!!!

Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

The Vinsmokes are incredibly pathetic, no wonder Sanji is an embarrassment. To think none of them could evade that attack from PerosPero. Even Ussop would have dodge a bit.
    THAT *PIRATE ALLIANCE*!! THE HEAVENLY YAKSHA HAS DEFEATED DOFLAMINGO ~~~~!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    Normal observation doesn't see any future, no? I figured it was simply observation of things and life-force and whatnot. Dogtooth is special because he can see a little bit in the future. Or at least a possible future.
    Nah i think its the same, dodge attacks with observation haki is like seeing the near future...

"Who the hell is that?!"

"He Brook..." is how I read the line because of the question... :(

Quote Originally Posted by Bellamy_ View Post
    Nah i think its the same, dodge attacks with observation haki is like seeing the near future...
    normal observation haki makes you feel the voice of other people,thus know what they are going to do
    Katakuri is different,sioce he can clearly see the future,as in what is going to happen to things,not just what people are going to do

but as Bege said in this chapter,all he can do is see, it doesn't mean he can change it,and also he seem able only to see one future, once someone does something to rewrite it,said future is not valid,much like in the past chapter he saw sanji dodge the priest bullet, but he couldn't see sanji dodge his attack too because that was a brand new future that came into existance because he saw the future before and tried to change it.

The only aspect that still seem intimidating with the BM pirates is the crew size.

I mean if it was an equal playing field with the full might of the Lawhats, Capone and Luffy's fleet they'd be really hard pressed.

Well not BM herself obviously, she's still invincible and all, but her crew seem like they would be steamrolled.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    The only aspect that still seem intimidating with the BM pirates is the crew size.

I mean if it was an equal playing field with the full might of the Lawhats, Capone and Luffy's fleet they'd be really hard pressed.

Well not BM herself obviously, she's still invincible and all, but her crew seem like they would be steamrolled.
    didn't get this impression at all..they are all basically unscathed

I'm not sure what to think of this chapter as of now, except that its early release is welcome.

- It's a good thing the Charlotte siblings aren't losing sight of their objective, and some of them seem to be decent fighters.
    - At least Pudding didn't turn good yet, but I still don't like how Oda is setting her up to be a rescuable victim in the near future. It's really a letdown compared to the sadistic mastermind she was a few chapters ago.
    - The Vinsmokes are a huge disappointment. Did not even put up a fight - some high caliber assassins they are... And what foresight. Barely a day before Judge was willing to take Pudding hostage because he didn't trust Big Mom and suddenly he's crying over betrayal ?
    - Lots of things are happening, yet the pacing feels slow. After the portrait broke I was expecting all hell to break loose instantaneously, yet Big Mom is still stunned a full chapter later. Not even welling up her rage or anything, she just stands in shock. It's not entirely unthinkable, but really lessens the impact of last chapter's cliffhanger.
    - Also, Brook unmasking didn't feel necessary. Disguised-Luffy might have fooled a five-years old, but who could have seriously thought he was anyone else ?
    - Beheaded Brook was awesome, though.

Here's to hoping next chapter moves the plot forward at last.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post

Won't say that .
    They don't look overpower but they don't look like they would get steam roll either .
    Waiting to see more of smoothie and Katakuri.
    TLG , FFVIIR and Shenmue 3 2015 the E3 of dreams .

https://kolektakon.com/ Louis-1988's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sereques View Post
    The Vinsmokes are incredibly pathetic, no wonder Sanji is an embarrassment. To think none of them could evade that attack from PerosPero. Even Ussop would have dodge a bit.
    Ho
    w exactly is it pathetic that they were taken by surprised while completely unarmed? It's not all that different than Squardo's betrayal of Whitebeard.

Wano? Wa-yes! Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Pretty cool chapter. I made it a bit too grandiose in my head thanks to spoilers, but Perospero's unexpected cameo and speech when the Vinsmokes got trapped made that scene for me. Delicious deaths indeed.

Also, not sure whether to be angry at Daifuku for being an absolute asshat for smacking his sister around, or be a bit happy that he carried out some of the audience's frustrations without Pudding (though I did like her in this chapter, given that she very clearly still wants to do her job and wasn't crying about it to boot.)

My suspension of disbelief that Big Mom hasn't gone nuts yet is a little strained, given that Judge's and Perospero's conversation seemed to go longer than that, but it's far from the first time time has been stretched *recalls Alabasta bomb*

Spoiler:

Next chapter I predict that Big Mom will react to Luffy being near her, instead of reacting towards the photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    - Also, Brook unmasking didn't feel necessary. Disguised-Luffy might have fooled a five-years old, but who could have seriously thought he was anyone else ?
    Maybe there's an animal with a balloon head? The Luffy animals kind of had animal traits to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    My suspension of disbelief that Big Mom hasn't gone nuts yet is a little strained, given that Judge's and Perospero's conversation seemed to go longer than that, but it's far from the first time time has been stretched *recalls Alabasta bomb*
    Or recall the relatively recent 10 seconds countdown for Luffy to stand up and defeat Doflamingo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information