+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

Thread: One Piece 864: The Vinsmoke Family Slaughter Plot

Default Re: One Piece 864: The Vinsmoke Family Slaughter Plot

I think katakuri will protect bm from the poison weapons. He can see what will happen with his coo, and he is logia so he should not get hurt by the poison. And since his logia is some sticky candy, the weapons will stick to him and not reach bm.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    That is not a fair impression of the character, Jaime.

Carrot is a SLIGHTLY BRAVER Chopper. And likes carrot-themed things. And has that one girly drawing gag. There's are clear nuanced differences that folks like you can't understand for main character potential.
    i think she's a lot braver than you give her credit. she's childish but definitely not cowardly. case in point chapter 829, we see carrot along with the other fighters gearing for battle while nami and chopper freak out.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    i think she's a lot braver than you give her credit. she's childish but definitely not cowardly. case in point chapter 829, we see carrot along with the other fighters gearing for battle while nami and chopper freak out.
    And we see her crying and screaming while running away from Brle wielding a giant scythe in the Mirror World. With Chopper, I might add. Hence why I said "slightly braver".

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Discovered Stowaway K. Kira XXIII's Avatar

Bu..bu..but Count, that was part of the plan!

I would say, if you want to make a Chopper-Carrot comparison just look at their reaction when Luffy gets healed from the poison:

Hidden:

^Solid proof she is not joining. Jejaja
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post

Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    I think katakuri will protect bm from the poison weapons. He can see what will happen with his coo, and he is logia so he should not get hurt by the poison. And since his logia is some sticky candy, the weapons will stick to him and not reach bm.
    At this point, that someone is gonna take the launchers for her is the easily predictable way to go, so is more a question of who is gonna be rather than if someone would do it, and since Reiju is likely to suck up the poison from whoever takes it, is more likely that either Pudding or Pekomz is taking it.
    Pudding could take it for failing at shooting Sanji, while Pekomz who's some kind of Barto/Bellamy of the BM pirates could easily do the sacrifice too.

If someone blocks the launchers I would favor more Pekoms for not being there at the moment, and imagining that Big Mom becomes vulnerable while knocking everyone out.

And we see her crying and screaming while running away from Brle wielding a giant scythe in the Mirror World. With Chopper, I might add. Hence why I said "slightly braver".
    Cmon bro, you really think those scenes werE showing lack of bravery? Carrot was on the offensive before being captured and after they were running away trying to figure out how to deal with brulee

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Actually I couldn't find were we see her crying, mind telling me the chapter to see the context

Cmon bro, you really think those scenes werE showing lack of bravery? Carrot was on the offensive before being captured and after they were running away trying to figure out how to deal with brulee

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Actually I couldn't find were we see her crying, mind telling me the chapter to see the context
    Spoiler:

I forgot that this was after Chopper came up with his plan to let himself captured though. So this was probably an act. Maybe.

We're just getting into a semantics debate though. She's braver than Chopper, and not just slightly as I stated earlier. Sorry for the way I typed it earlier, I guess. It doesn't make her have a unique character on-par with one of the Straw Hats. Let alone Chopper.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

you know this is a little unrelated but I was just thinking about how fun it would have been if Oda had Pekoms use Electro back on Fishman Island so there could be wild speculation on why a turtle lion man also has electric powers

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

I forgot that this was after Chopper came up with his plan to let himself captured though. So this was probably an act. Maybe.

We're just getting into a semantics debate though. She's braver than Chopper, and not just slightly as I stated earlier. Sorry for the way I typed it earlier, I guess. It doesn't make her have a unique character on-par with one of the Straw Hats. Let alone Chopper.
    this isn't really something that needs to be there before joining. robin's death quirk came after.

this isn't really something that needs to be there before joining. robin's death quirk came after.
    And she still stood out by being a stoic researcher surrounded by dark tendencies like assassination, as well as being a former antagonist (the first one before Franky). This stuff actually needs to be there before joining so that people actually like them joining the crew. Not that you need to show all of the cards early when it comes to origins and character development, of course.

And she still stood out by being a stoic researcher surrounded by dark tendencies like assassination, as well as being a former antagonist (the first one before Franky). This stuff actually needs to be there before joining so that people actually like them joining the crew. Not that you need to show all of the cards early when it comes to origins and character development, of course.
    i disagree that it needs to be there before, however carrot and pedro will be with us til the end of wano so we still have time for all of that you mentioned.
    Last edited by garonne; May 9th, 2017 at 08:30 PM.

i disagree that it needs to be there before, however carrot and pedro will be with us til the end of wano.
    So we have to wait for characters to have unique personalities instead of already having unique personalities?

So we have to wait for characters to have unique personalities instead of already having unique personalities?
    i never said that, but this is the thing, you're looking at the members after theyve been established and have most of their character traits filled out. When we first met zoro, he was a more simplistic character. luffy also had nobody to join his crew so his personality would be "unique" same for usopp and sanji. You compare carrot to chopper but chopper and carrot weren't similar if you compare them to before chopper joined the crew. chopper was a timid childish character who was closed off. carrot is open, adventurous and not a timid person.

When i say it doesnt need to be there, im saying the character can still progress to be more unique. if we just go by this is how x joined then everyone else will join this way then that wouldnt be entirely accurate. Jinbei has joined the crew completely different from everyone else. he literally is in his own lane and doesnt follow anyone elses path to join. Robin joined the crew of her own volition without being invited. later she progressed and her character got even more unique. you mention that robin stood out, imo carrot is standing out by being so close with the crew. i haven't seen anyone so closely knit with the crew who literally just showed up.

you dont believe she'll join and thats fine because i dont know either. but i dont think you're giving her a fair shot when compared to the other members BEFORE they joined and dismissive to solid points because you already feel she wont join.

i never said that, but this is the thing, you're looking at the members after theyve been established and have most of their character traits filled out. When we first met zoro, he was a more simplistic character. luffy also had nobody to join his crew so his personality would be "unique" same for usopp and sanji. You compare carrot to chopper but chopper and carrot weren't similar if you compare them to before chopper joined the crew. chopper was a timid childish character who was closed off. carrot is open, adventurous and not a timid person.

When i say it doesnt need to be there, im saying the character can still progress to be more unique. if we just go by this is how x joined then everyone else will join this way then that wouldnt be entirely accurate. Jinbei has joined the crew completely different from everyone else. he literally is in his own lane and doesnt follow anyone elses path to join. Robin joined the crew of her own volition without being invited. later she progressed and her character got even more unique. you mention that robin stood out, imo carrot is standing out by being so close with the crew. i haven't seen anyone so closely knit with the crew who literally just showed up.

you dont believe she'll join and thats fine because i dont know either. but i dont think you're giving her a fair shot when compared to the other members BEFORE they joined and dismissive to solid points because you already feel she wont join.
    Zoro's design and personality already stood out before he joined. So did Nami's, Usopp's, Sanji's, Chopper's, Robin's, Franky's, Brook's, and Jimbei's. Oda always gives them a memorably impressionable entrance as well. Luffy doesn't ask characters to join because their personalities are unique, but Oda as a CREATOR makes sure that every Straw Hat is unique in appearance and traits. Everything about Carrot is either extremely generic or traits already shared by other members of the crew, most notably Chopper for obvious reasons. She is not a clone of Chopper, but a lot of her characterization individuality is made redundant by Chopper. That is how I know she doesn't have a shot, along with everybody else in this arc aside from Jimbei. These characters can progress to be even more unique, but they still need to be unique when they first appear.

Snip.
    We'll just agree to disgree. I don't think I can convince you and Vice versa, so no need to keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by Lao G View Post
    Well I mean I don't consider WCI to be the worst arc ever... there are still many things that I like about it, like the setting, Brook, Jimbei, the character designs are as amazing as always... but in terms of storytelling it's definitely messy, I agree.
    It definitely has some good moments. I love the fact that Brook is finally getting the spotlight after years of being sidelined and Oda FINALLY confirming that Jinbe is OFFICIALLY joining after years as well is great. I just wish he had done more to improve Sanji's character in an arc that revolves around him. Brook and Jinbe basically took the MVP status away from him.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    This was brought forward as soon as the portrait was mentioned, however, with it now being destroyed it does not seem it has a physical connection to Big Mom, just emotional.
    I wasn't saying to Big Mam, but Caramel, perhaps...?
    Hatori Icons (credits and thanks to Nia and Nhp <3)

Quote Originally Posted by silversatyr View Post
    I wasn't saying to Big Mam, but Caramel, perhaps...?
    Ah you mean, it is something that keeps Mother Caramel alive, or along those lines? That would be very good in regards to displaying Big Mom's suffering and agony. Unfortunately, because the portrayed was introduced in such a weak manner, having other effects occur with its damage, would seem convuluted and intriguing as to why it was not introduced before the assassination plot.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information