+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 864: The Vinsmoke Family Slaughter Plot

Default Re: One Piece 864: The Vinsmoke Family Slaughter Plot

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    - Also, Brook unmasking didn't feel necessary. Disguised-Luffy might have fooled a five-years old, but who could have seriously thought he was anyone else ?
    Dude. The gag. How could you possibly want to give up that gag, I am still laughing and it's been two hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    My suspension of disbelief that Big Mom hasn't gone nuts yet is a little strained, given that Judge's and Perospero's conversation seemed to go longer than that, but it's far from the first time time has been stretched *recalls Alabasta bomb*
    That confused and even annoyed me at first as well, but they say at some point that it is because Big Mom is confused as to what to be most angry about (the cake or the photo), which explains it and fits in really nicely with her personality.

Wano? Wa-TWO YEARS??? Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    The only aspect that still seem intimidating with the BM pirates is the crew size.

I mean if it was an equal playing field with the full might of the Lawhats, Capone and Luffy's fleet they'd be really hard pressed.

Well not BM herself obviously, she's still invincible and all, but her crew seem like they would be steamrolled.
    Given what Daifuku and Oven are doing, I'd say that's expremely unlikely. Yes, a major aspect is the size, since most of the Big Mom Pirates are your usual New World pirates. Luffy, who's a step above that, would be stronger than a lot of them, and people who are closer in strength to him would likely be able to defeat most of her crew members. We're not going to get a crew where all the members are as strong/stronger than Luffy individually. But they are most certainly a threat together, given the ride of hell they put Luffy through with their Devil Fruit powers during his fight against a ton of them. And that's not even mentioning the Sweet Commanders, who can actually give Luffy a tough one on one fight.

It's just like Kaido and the Beasts Pirates; we know that Kaido and his Disasters are the top echelon, way above most New World Pirates. In his employ, though, are average New World pirates. Look at "Iron Boy" Scotch, the first member of the crew we ever saw. He's a competent New World pirate, able to wreak havoc on islands like, say, Randolph, Diesel, and Amande, with his sick machine gun. But Super Rookie Caribou managed to eventually defeat him. Same with the Red Hair Pirates, they got a guy named Rockstar who's far below the standard New World bounty and whom no one has even heard of. And who knows how many Whitebeard lackeys got their asses killed in Marineford.

Spoiler:

My suspension of disbelief that Big Mom hasn't gone nuts yet is a little strained, given that Judge's and Perospero's conversation seemed to go longer than that, but it's far from the first time time has been stretched *recalls Alabasta bomb*
    Three seconds have long since passed. Big Mom s just way to shocked and confused with everything that's happening around to get mad.
    All hail Machvise-sama, Arlong Park Character Tournament 2016 Champion!

Good chapter.

Finally we got a new cover story (the last one didn't really excite me). Brook keeps being amazing in every scene. Pretty sure Jinbe was using CoA on his arms, not sure if we saw him doing it before. But what I am really curious is BM... I think either she will regain her senses instead of going nuts or she will lose it for the least important thing to give some comedic sense to it (like Brook running away, I don't know). And as someone who simply can't give a damn about the Vinsmokes, I am really glad they will remain sit.

Chopper (Nami?) mentioned a longer time has passed than what they were expecting, so it's not a case of stretching time.
    FC.0147-0584-2654

The Vinsmokes are all tied down with a transparent liquid, should be the ability of that woman Amande, but canīt see her there^^
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    The Vinsmokes are all tied down with a transparent liquid, should be the ability of that woman Amande, but canīt see her there^^
    It's actually Perospero.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    The only aspect that still seem intimidating with the BM pirates is the crew size.

I mean if it was an equal playing field with the full might of the Lawhats, Capone and Luffy's fleet they'd be really hard pressed.

Well not BM herself obviously, she's still invincible and all, but her crew seem like they would be steamrolled.
    She's the female yonko. I'm sure her males couterparts are much better.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I say screw Oda for his way of portraying woman. So now Pudding is suddenly a character to be saved and charmed by Sanji gentleman charm.

The chapter ended in a weird way

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

You know what the last panel reminded me of?
    Hidden:
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

I liked the Vinsmokes not giving a danm about dying.

Disappoing that the Vinsmokes bros aren't doing anything without their weapons/suits as it seems... Even without it they should have some fighting skills like Niji has shown.

Overall great chapter even if I would have loved to see Big Mom already going wild.

I know we have 1587.13 characters in this arc, but damn, where are Smoothie and Tamago? Tamago has been one of the most prominent BM pirates, and Smoothie's a commander. They should have gotten at least a panel showing where are they in this whole mess. Unless Oda is preparing something with them (that would make Count Mario pretty mad though ).
    All hail Machvise-sama, Arlong Park Character Tournament 2016 Champion!

I love the Genie fruit. Brook and Capone were amazing here.

I guess we are not getting Punk hazard cover story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Disappoing that the Vinsmokes bros aren't doing anything without their weapons/suits as it seems... Even without it they should have some fighting skills like Niji has shown.

Overall great chapter even if I would have loved to see Big Mom already going wild.
    they are blocked on the chairs by perospero's power anyway,even if they could use "martial arts" ,they can't now

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I guess we are not getting Punk hazard cover story.
    Yes. Monet and Vergo should remain dead.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Yes. Monet and Vergo should remain dead.
    Pretty certain they are not dead.

There's a misstranslation in the first panel.

Spoiler:

It should say - He Brook
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    You mean Galette. Amande is the long-neck swordswoman.
    FC.0147-0584-2654

Wano? Wa-TWO YEARS??? Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by EvoWarrior5 View Post
    That confused and even annoyed me at first as well, but they say at some point that it is because Big Mom is confused as to what to be most angry about (the cake or the photo), which explains it and fits in really nicely with her personality.
    Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information