+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 865: "Hey, Mother"

Default Re: One Piece 865: "Hey, Mother"

Thank you! Cool chapter... too bad there's a break next week :/

LMAO! who translates like that???

Never expected a Big Mom flashback. Hopefully it isn't some Law-esque flashback.

You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

Bounty < ฿ 0.00000001 毛唐人 ketou nin's Avatar

wow, here comes the elbaf tie-in, cool :D
    What fun is destruction if no "precious" lives are lost?
    ...I will create a monument to non-existence! ~Kefka~

Meet my brute...........Meet the Garbage Pail Kids

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Smoothie got to be in one small panel!! how cool is that??
    Didn't even realize she was in this chapter til I saw your post. Went back and checked so she's on her knees begging someone to save her mother. How's hell has this pathetic bitch has a bounty that high?

Elbaf and Yggdrasil are cool, I would also love if Oda sneaks in some other plotline like he did with Drake

Caesar "The Mask" Clown Massimo D Luffy's Avatar

Looks like Big Mom would be another one with rough past. And it would also mean that she'll be SH friend in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emporio Ivankov
    "Miracle only descends upon those with the will to carry on. Do not take them so lightly"

That panel with Sanji standing on Judge's table was so perfect I'm legit considering it for my avatar. Also, superhappy thicccc Bae Smoothie got to make an appearance, however quick.

Nice chapter, the panel where Big Mom starts screaming is splendid, everything seems vibrating to death in the background.
    I'm very disappointed in Mont D'or, his powers are perfect to capture the fake Luffy's, yet he was just holding a gun alongside some no name Big Mom pirates.
    I'm glad that not all of Big Mom pirates are knocked out, they're just paralyzed as they can't take their hands off their ears.
    Btw, looking at page 14, it looks like Gotti is actually Gotty.

Also, ELBAF HYPE. (if elbaf is our destination after Wano, who could be the oponent their?)

Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by Brainyz View Post
    (if elbaf is our destination after Wano, who could be the oponent their?)
    16 chars of Loki?

So, 63 years ago, Big Mom was around 5. Caramel looks kinda too old to have a kid that young. That doesn't have to mean anything, but still. She might have been a foster parent, or a nanny.

And if BM hasn't seen her in 63 years, which is heavily implied, no wonder she never got over it.

Random thought, how the hell does Bonney fit into all of this. There's no way that cake ship of hers is a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Game And Guy View Post
    Never expected a Big Mom flashback. Hopefully it isn't some Law-esque flashback.
    Yeah, Big Mom for nakama ! :-D

Not a bad chapter, I think this flashback will only be 2-3 chapters. It's also obvious Big Mom isn't going to take that shot, I think Katakuri is going to block it since it seems he's still somewhat functional. We also have Chekhov's Tamatebako box to be opened at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Random thought, how the hell does Bonney fit into all of this. There's no way that cake ship of hers is a coincidence.
    My take on this is that Elbaf has some Sparta-styled ritual where kids that aren't physically fit get thrown away. Mother Carmel has set up an orphanage of sorts where she tends to the discarded kids, and both Big Mom and Bonney might've sojourned here. But while BM is obviously a dwarf giant (also to mirror WB, the father yonko, who was a giant human), I don't know how Bonney could be related to giants and still have a human-sized body.

Quote Originally Posted by Piitan View Post
    16 chars of Loki?
    Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by lokilasher View Post
    Not a bad chapter, I think this flashback will only be 2-3 chapters. It's also obvious Big Mom isn't going to take that shot, I think Katakuri is going to block it since it seems he's still somewhat functional. We also have Chekhov's Tamatebako box to be opened at some point.
    What about Chekhov's Reiju that will suck the poison out of someone?
    It has to be someone we care about that gets hit.

I'm actually really excited for BM's flashback. A flashback of one of the 4 emperors will (hopefully) contain some significant information for overall story. Not to mention we will also get a glimpse of Elbaf which will undoubtedly take center stage in future arcs.

So, 63 years ago, Big Mom was around 5. Caramel looks kinda too old to have a kid that young. That doesn't have to mean anything, but still. She might have been a foster parent, or a nanny.
    Considering she is dressed like a nun....
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

I thought Elbaf was only going to be inhabited by giants, same way there are only skypians on Skypiea or dwarfs in Green Bit. I believe people immigrate there because the strongest kingdom is easily the safest place in the NW during this pirate age.

I also think this Mother Caramel is gonna end up being a D.

And if BM hasn't seen her in 63 years, which is heavily implied, no wonder she never got over it.

Had same thoughts about Bonney.

Her powers are also most likely connected with what Doflamingo mentioned during Dressrosa - he said that with Immortality that Law could give him he would be able to obtain treasure that Celestial Dragons hold.
    Maybe World Goverment needs Bonney as she can use her Devil Fruit for somebody or herself getting that Treasure constantly, maybe its energy source or something..

Sure thing that Bonney will be key element to future plot, especially as we get to Holy Land raid(with Kizaru and CP0 as main enemies) after Wano or Elbaf/Blackbeard-Shanks arc.
    Her being connected with Big Mom would be logical and fitting twist as its likely that Bonneys devil fruit make it so she can be immortal when it comes to ageing if she wants to.

Maybe she had a crush on Whitebeard when they were Young, like her first Love

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information