+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 865: "Hey, Mother"

Default Re: One Piece 865: "Hey, Mother"

That panel of Sanji standing on the table over the Vinsmokes is probably the most badass Sanji has looked in this arc. Not a lot of progression in this chapter, but I am excited to see Elbaf. That tree looks gigantic, I wonder what it's all about.
    Andy Dalton the GOAT.

https://youtu.be/RAubWDTsjyI?t=6

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    A

BM's scream got some false hype there, I don't really see how Bege has 'free shots' when his main obstacle(Katakuri) wasn't shown to faint, in fact, there are plenty of people that could take the Launchers for BM, not even to mention that Pekomz could show up to do such thing.

aaayy lmao at Smoothie, I was very disappointed at Jozu back at MarineFord, but I have a new less favorite yonkou-commander now
    the fainting is given by big mom's haoshoku haki,that obviously doesn't hit big shots, but the scream is able to incapacitate everyone for a couple seconds, that was the entire point of the plan
    Quote Originally Posted by Sereques View Post
    I don't see the launchers hitting BM. Either,

1) Someone blocks it, possibly Luffy

2) It's a set up and Launchers are duds

3) BM snaps out it and crush those 3.
    4) big mom tanks it because she is just that good

also,why the hell would luffy stop the rocket launches when he has had an active part in the plan that brought that situation in the first place?

also,the rocket launchers being duds it's improbable because they are made by caesar,who should be able to build a simple rocket launcher,and the guy just arrived at the banquet so we know he is not trying anything funny (also capone has his heart and he reminded us that pretty much every time we saw it for some reason)
    Quote Originally Posted by Underworld1991 View Post
    Didn't even realize she was in this chapter til I saw your post. Went back and checked so she's on her knees begging someone to save her mother. How's hell has this pathetic bitch has a bounty that high?
    big mom's screech is supposed to incapacitate everyone...THAT WAS THE ENTIRE PLAN
    what were you guys reading until now? bad summaries?
    Last edited by Maju; May 11th, 2017 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackout View Post
    That panel of Sanji standing on the table over the Vinsmokes is probably the most badass Sanji has looked in this arc. Not a lot of progression in this chapter, but I am excited to see Elbaf. That tree looks gigantic, I wonder what it's all about.
    That's most likely Treasure Tree Adam. It would make sense if it was on Elbaf.
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by "Fire Fist" Ace View Post
    That's most likely Treasure Tree Adam. It would make sense if it was on Elbaf.
    wasn't the island where Adam resides one that was continuously at war?

Quote Originally Posted by blackout View Post
    If Oda is going full on Viking lore here, then I think that's most likely Yggdrasil, the tree that connects the Norse worlds.

For sure this is BM's CoC, so it seems a yonkou's coc can at least annoy even strong people like smoothie, it's not just fodder killer.

In Jaimini's box Capone, in line with his mafia theme, say his goodbye to Big Mom in italian with "ciao", wich is the corresponding for both "hi" and "bye" but it can also be used to say goodbye to someone in a nonchalant and/or mocking way. But i wonder if that was really Oda's choice or just Jaimini's box taking liberties with the translation.

Big Mom won't die for sure, but i also doubt someone else present allied with BM will block the rocket, that would only discredit Bege and his ability to plan and make strategies. Rather to save Big Mom will be something unexpected that Bege could not possibly have predicted.
    Last edited by Dr. Faust; May 11th, 2017 at 04:52 AM.
    This new era those guys talk about is total bullshit. An era when pirate dreams are ending?!!! Huh? Well?! ZEHAHAHAHAHA.....
    PEOPLE'S DREAMS..... NEVER END!!!!
    Ain't that right?!!!

EPIC mother days...lol luffy face by echos of wave near the BM hahaa...its really COC + awakened effect..maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Smoothie got to be in one small panel!! how cool is that??
    Smoothie's in two panels. Don't unnecessarily downplay her!
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

Mont' d'or is down, you can see him fall. Beats from the book willshow up the party too.

Can we just take a moment and ask how can Farul hold a teacup? Like, is it designed specifically for horses, or did he have it glued onto his hoof?

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo D Luffy View Post
    Looks like Big Mom would be another one with rough past. And it would also mean that she'll be SH friend in the end.
    That is not automatic. Doffy too had a "rough" past.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by ARTEMlS View Post
    Smoothie's in two panels. Don't unnecessarily downplay her!
    Yeah, and she's also sweating. Give her a break jeez :P
    "I'm simply an accident. Why take it all so seriously?"

Quote Originally Posted by LordButler View Post
    Can we just take a moment and ask how can Farul hold a teacup? Like, is it designed specifically for horses, or did he have it glued onto his hoof?

Good chapter. Perospero is a fool to not have listened to his brother. His vicious personality saved the Vinsmokes.
    What intrigues me the most if the Ichiji panel. Is that thing he's been handled his raid suit ? Will we have a sentai transformation soon ?

Honestly, Bege has access to EVERYTHING in the island? He had control over Caesar, the wedding, access enough to the cake to put a fucking mirror inside it without anyone noticing, access to the Germa suits (assuming since Nami has them in this chapter)... is BM in love with him or something or she just trusts everyone blindly? And I ask again: with access to everything, how he had to wait until the wedding (when BM's whole crew is present) so he could get Carmel's picture?

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    I actually kinda really liked this chapter. The flow, the panneling, the way Big Mom's scream was conveyed, the way it segued into the flashback, Katakuris bit of action, the art...

I thought all of it was on point.
    With you here. For weeks I've been thinking the paneling has been off, but this time it was back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Sereques View Post
    Feels like the only person trying to save the family face was Katakuri, the rest seem overly relaxed.
    Well, he is the one who can see the future, so he is probably the only one who realizes this attack must be taken seriously (the others are like "meh, a rookie attacking us, what a nuisance. Let's ignore it and maybe it will fly away")

Quote Originally Posted by Underworld1991 View Post
    Didn't even realize she was in this chapter til I saw your post. Went back and checked so she's on her knees begging someone to save her mother. How's hell has this pathetic bitch has a bounty that high?
    Justl like everyone without earplugs, including Katakuri, she is unable to move because of BM's scream. That's the focus of the whole chapter.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; May 11th, 2017 at 04:22 AM.
    FC 0147-0584-2654

Nice chapter, thanks for the link.
    Like the panel with Sanji standing on top of the table
    "Happily ever after is so once upon a time"

Does anyone know how many breaks the manga has been on so far this year?

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli View Post
    LMAO! who translates like that???
    There are all sorts of translator Nakama who do stood like that.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    Does anyone know how many breaks the manga has been on so far this year?
    This will be the 4th one. Oda takes around 9-10 breaks a year

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information