+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 865: "Hey, Mother"

Default Re: One Piece 865: "Hey, Mother"

I already pointed this out in the spoiler thread but... isn't anyone else disappointed that we will see for the first time the mysterious Elbaf, mythical land we have been hearing about since the beginning of one piece, in a flashback?
    I was hoping that Elbaf would have been the "Skypiea" arc of the new world now if we ever go there (we kinda have to, Usopp) we will know quite a lot about the island from Mom's flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post

4) big mom tanks it because she is just that good

also,why the hell would luffy stop the rocket launches when he has had an active part in the plan that brought that situation in the first place?

also,the rocket launchers being duds it's improbable because they are made by caesar,who should be able to build a simple rocket launcher,and the guy just arrived at the banquet so we know he is not trying anything funny (also capone has his heart and he reminded us that pretty much every time we saw it for some reason)
    It's not Luffy's nature to watch an helpless person get killed. The crowd control part of the plan may be what he's interested in. Just because Luffy agrees with something doesn't mean he will go along with it. This is not the first time.
    THAT *PIRATE ALLIANCE*!! THE HEAVENLY YAKSHA HAS DEFEATED DOFLAMINGO ~~~~!!

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Considering she is dressed like a nun....
    ...she might be a nun?

Mind blown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

The scream was great. So Caramel's photo is to Big Mom what the Strawhat is to Luffy? I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    This will be the 4th one. Oda takes around 9-10 breaks a year
    Yeah but i understood that Oda doesnt take a break when there is a break. He still works on OP every week. The magazine itself puts him on break to reduce some pressure on him. So that he can sleep a little bit longer and can do some stuff with his family. I dont think that Oda takes a week off lol...the guy worked in a hospital when he was in there...

These breaks are so annoying. Why doesn't Oda finally turn himself into a cyborg?

The whole reason that holds him back is that he cannot remodel his back. Really, he finally has to learn how to delegate.
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

For sure cc and brulee will stay together after this arc. Brulee has no place here anymore after she helped the enemy, the new bonnie and clyde.

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    For sure cc and brulee will stay together after this arc. Brulee has no place here anymore after she helped the enemy, the new bonnie and clyde.

I hope that Cesar will go along with Germa 66.

Emotionless them + Cesar could end up in some good comedy. That and potential of what Judge and Cesar could do working together makes it all quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    The scream was great. So Caramel's photo is to Big Mom what the Strawhat is to Luffy? I like it.
    Now that you mention it. The strawhat hasn't been threatened in a long time. I'd like to see that happen in the NW.

Since we're gonna see Elbaf 63 yrs ago, I expect Oimo and Karsee to Show up somewhere. After all their timeframe allows it. It's right between the clash of their captains and their capture at EL 52 yrs ago.
    My imagination of Franky's (future) masterpiece: Sunny-Shogun

Too Diluted for School The Tenth Strawhat's Avatar

For Big Mom's Conqueror's Haki screech, I'm just imagining microphone feedback only 100 times louder. When you think about it that way, no wonder some of the top guys like Montd'or fainted.

I don't know why I thought this, but I was thinking on page 7, "No Reiju, please don't die!". With this confrontation now (or probably later), I want Sanji to disown Judge as his father.

Woo! Big Mom flashback hype! I wonder if we'll see Dorry, Brogy, Oimo, Kashi or Hajrudin in the background?

Edit: Slightly ninja'd by Zacho
    The faces of a Straw Hat.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCaesar View Post
    I already pointed this out in the spoiler thread but... isn't anyone else disappointed that we will see for the first time the mysterious Elbaf, mythical land we have been hearing about since the beginning of one piece, in a flashback?
    I was hoping that Elbaf would have been the "Skypiea" arc of the new world now if we ever go there (we kinda have to, Usopp) we will know quite a lot about the island from Mom's flashback.
    That's not necessarily true. The flashback has barely started, we cannot possibly be certain what it'll contain, how long it'll go on etc. We can only guess.

Wano? Wa-yes! Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

This was a beautiful chapter - the scenes with Mom's outburst and Sanji standing over Judge were absolutely magnificent. I guess that's what happens when the cover features the Beautiful Pirates lol. Thanks to Jaimini's Box for their excellent scan cleaning.

In terms of content, it was pretty fun. Katakuri is a boss, and Smoothie has ears, lol.

I am a bit surprised to get a flashback from Big Mom - I thought it might have waited until the Elbaf arc. Interested to see where it leads.

Spoiler:

Another great fun chapter to read. Love it. I before had fantasized about Sanji using DJ to melt candy off, then it actually happened. Not the way I imagined however, I thought he'd just heat up entire space and make Vismokes feel like thrown in furnace, but the actual process turned out to be pretty delicate in comparison.

Caesar "The Mask" Clown Massimo D Luffy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fraco View Post
    That is not automatic. Doffy too had a "rough" past.
    Well yeah I guess Doffy exist. But people have been theorizing about BM-SH truce by the end of the arc. I could totally see Oda make us readers sympathize with BM through this flashback so that the truce would be easier to digest after all the horrible things she had done. But I've always been wrong before so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emporio Ivankov
    "Miracle only descends upon those with the will to carry on. Do not take them so lightly"

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post

Justl like everyone without earplugs, including Katakuri, she is unable to move because of BM's scream. That's the focus of the whole chapter.
    Still didn't stop her begging someone to save her mother. Seriously Smoothie you can't move yet you expect someone else too?

Wano? Wa-yes! Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by SirCaesar View Post
    Not necessarily. We first saw Dressrosa about midway through Punk Hazard, without finding out too much about it. If my prediction about Big Mom getting focus in Elbaf is right, this flashback might be pretty short.

Quote Originally Posted by Underworld1991 View Post
    Still didn't stop her begging someone to save her mother. Seriously Smoothie you can't move yet you expect someone else too?
    It's not really a matter of expectation but desperation.

Spoiler:

So does Yonji's eyes being all white indicate that he too passed out?

Year of Sanji, let's go!

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    This will be the 4th one. Oda takes around 9-10 breaks a year
    That's not bad then.

Main reason I'm not looking forward to Wano or Elbaf is the length it may take to get through them. Like others said they will be relevant to the main plot, I just hope there isn't a family of enemies like Dressrosa, Fishman, etc. Taking into account all the breaks Oda takes and the estimated chapters left it's going to be 10 years or more before we reach the end so yeah I hope it's less formulaic and Oda changes it up more towards the climax.

I enjoy the chapter!

but, how come falling on her knees make her bleed but a rocket trowing at her doens't?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information