+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Two new One Piece games revealed (PlayStation VR and 真??)

Default Re: Two new One Piece games revealed (PlayStation VR and 真??)

I'm so ecstatic to get SOME announcement on a new OP game project. They had to be working on something BIG if we haven't received news on a new game all year.
    The biggest tidbits that have me intrigued are "unprecedented", "a super new feeling", Oda's involvement, and the game being "enormous"

It sounds like an open-world game, but it could very well be an MMO as well.

But I've got to keep my expectations in check since this is Bandai Namco and I've rarely seen them put a ton of development time for an anime-licensed game. Let alone a potential AAA game.
    I don't want to fall for the hype and end up getting disappointed again.

I am the Sniper King! Wanted Sogeking's Avatar

I still waiting for One Piece Burning Blood 2. These two new One Piece games are basically a celebration of the One Piece 20th anniversary.

Well, for sure it won't be as boring as a musou.
    I think even Burning Blood doesn't have great mechanics, even though is still acceptable and has his own good things.

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

I'm so glad that this won't be a sequel. I wasn't really about Burning Blood or Unlimited World Red, and I'm not in the mood for more Warriors gameplay. Excited to see what they come up with!!

The only thing that worries me about an the MMO idea is that it might bomb like Dragon Ball Online.

Don't care about a VR game since have 0 interest in picking one of those up until it's dirt cheap. Honestly surprised it's coming since it felt everyone else including Sony had abandoned that ship now.

AAA Open world game? Sure. Put it on the switch and give us a new handheld I'm happy with that. Probably would pick it up either way.
    Winner of Arlong Park's 2011 Member Award: Most Perverted Member.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    Honestly surprised it's coming since it felt everyone else including Sony had abandoned that ship now.
    I know it could seem really strange, but it's quite the opposite. VR (especially PSVR) is selling pretty well and a lot of important studios are jumping in it (Insomniac, Capcom, Square Enix, Santa Monica, Super Massive, Namco Bandai and many others). Problem is people don't know about it because it's difficult to advertize it properly, usual user doesn't know how much contents it does offer because he hasn't the means to know it.
    Who has never tried it isn't gonna understand how much revolutionary it is just looking at a video.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    AAA Open world game? Sure. Put it on the switch and give us a new handheld I'm happy with that. Probably would pick it up either way.
    On the contrary (even here ) I think putting an ambitious game on Switch would be a loss of resources and maybe time (it won't be if it sells well). Switch is at least one generation behind, having to work on it when you want to do something big would put a brake on the project, and a ported version would anyway be greatly cut compared to the hypothetical PS4 one.

THIS IS BIG NEWS!

I would love a game that really let's you explore the one piece world. Like take the other 6 routes along the grand line and stuff like that. If oda is involved it might not be too much to dream of.

Quote Originally Posted by troglodytes View Post
    THIS IS BIG NEWS!

Spoiler:
    Yeah, I can see this being a funny trend.

UNPRECEDENTED

I'm looking forward to having a game with all the Big Mom Pirates and most, if not all, of the Beast Pirates in some capacity(not all playable of course). I wonder how much of Wano will be finished by the time the game comes out.

Not firelord ozai or zuko firelord111's Avatar

I really hope it's gonna come out in pc Aswell
    And open world one piece game is the dream game for me

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Also why companies don't spend money to make triple a games from long aime series it saves the time and money to find a fan base and base story and world
    Last edited by firelord111; July 14th, 2017 at 05:07 AM.

By fire be purged

I really hope they don't only do it VR compatible but also regular, i hate vr so i hope to be able to play it and that this one is interesting!

Some more details on Project Dawn:
    The game will feature the talents of One Piece anime producer Hiroki Koyama from Toei Animation, One Piece media supervisor Suguru Sugita from Shueisha, One Piece game supervisor Yuji Suzuki from Shueisha, and One Piece game producer Kōji Nakajima from Bandai Namco Entertainment.
    Shueisha will reveal more news about the game in Weekly Shonen Jump, V Jump, and on One Piece's official website.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ements/.118812

Quote Originally Posted by firelord111 View Post

Also why companies don't spend money to make triple a games from long aime series it saves the time and money to find a fan base and base story and world
    Because Japanese gamers don't expect much out of game development like gamers in America and Europe. They also don't play games that much on consoles of PC like we do unless it's a DragonQuest or Final Fantasy title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

It looks like they might be reusing assets from Burning Blood for Grand Cruise.

Dawn :-

I'm surprised no discussing EMUNOPLA's link. It has lots of good information, especially telling you who's part of every One Piece game. I don't think many One Piece fans or people in general outside of Japan know who Koji Nakajima is.

Suzuki Yuji: Says the game will be something fans always wanted. Open world game comes to mind. I think most fans want a MMORPG game because it will last longer.

Koji Nakajima: Says they have been planning this game for a long time and can't wait to show fans all around the world. I wonder if they planned this before or during the One Piece Pirate Warriors series and worldwide localization is pretty much confirmed here.

Sugita Suguru: Says he's happy to work with Oda on this game based on the characters and settings. This might be introducing new characters and islands similar to One Piece Unlimited games.

Koyama Hiroki: Says the game will take influence from the anime and its music. He also says they will put lots of effort making the game even better than One Piece movies. It seems like they will not follow the manga, which is good for anime only watchers, casual fans, and possibility a dub version. Since Koyama Hiroki said this game will be better than the One Piece movies, it makes me believe this game will have huge story focus similar to Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy games.

New translated scan for One Piece:Grand Cruise by Shonengamez-
    http://www.shonengamez.com/2017/07/1...-peek-at-nami/

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information