+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Two new One Piece games revealed (PlayStation VR and 真??)

Default Re: Two new One Piece games revealed (PlayStation VR and 真??)

I hope Oda involvement is due to the game including a lot of islands and powers never seen before, not just some side characters as in Red. That would also imply this is going to be an open world game, which I think is what everyone is hoping for. I can't stand another boring musou or a really bad fighting game, it's time for One Piece to live through huge projects.

Grand Cruise also excites me a lot, I can't wait to be side by side with all of the crew. If it will sell well it could even be a start for a new whole VR saga, possibilities with VR are just infinite.

Not firelord ozai or zuko firelord111's Avatar

Sooo what happened to this

By fire be purged

I've found some seconds of Grand Cruise captured off-screen:

https://youtu.be/K6DrTolE9u8?t=5m34s

I think it's sure it will be a short experience lived all aboard the Sunny. I can't wait for it and hope they will release it outside Japan too.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

It actually looks really cool
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

I am the Sniper King! Wanted Sogeking's Avatar

I didn't expect any interest for the VR game because I don't see many people talking about it and the repetition for any VR game. Same goes for me to be honest. I'm more interesting in the new console game if it gets my attention.

I didn't bother posting this, but Famitsu and 4gamer posted information last month if anyone still cares to look.
    https://www.famitsu.com/news/201707/23138246.html
    http://www.4gamer.net/games/388/G038806/20170722002/

Thanks, sadly I can't understand what's written in it but this image got me excited. Being used to VR I can't wait to feel like being in there and feeling their presence, it will be like a dream coming true (or better, more vivid) and a step toward something even greater.
    I know that the other game is going to be the big thing, but this is a unique and different experience.

I just came back from Tokyo One Piece Tower where I tried the VR game. Here are some thoughts:
    • We were 8 players at the time, one member of the staff conducted the game.
    • You first get to choose your gender.
    • The PS VR is bad, but the feeling of being in the Sunny is amazing.
    • You get to choose if you want to see the Ladies' room or Sanji's kitchen. I chose the kitchen, there was a lot of food on the table.
    • Up until now we were all in the same spot, now a multiplayer game started. We were divided in 2 teams.
    • Some marine ships appeared and started shooting cannonballs at the Sunny. We got some cannons, so we had to shoot the cannonballs down with ours.
    • Then a giant one appeared and we got to choose if we wanted Sanji or Zoro to stop it.
    • When it was over Usopp announced the winning team and Zoro announced the MVP.
    • Did not expect it to be that much fun.
    • We didn't move an inch, we got changes of scenes but no walking.
    • Some textures were a bit off when I got closer, like the grass on the ground or the strawhats clothes.
    • The staff that conducted the game was talking in the game via Transponder Snail, so maybe that's how we get the narration ingame.
    • The story was of us doing some pirate practices in the Sunny.
    • The models are from Burning Blood

I was amazed when it started and I felt like being on the Sunny, shooting the cannon was fun too. If the game is making tours and playing minigames it could be fun. But I think that's all it can offer.

Not bad, very cool experience, worth the 60 minutes wait.

ぼくらはやはり ふたりでひとりだったのかもしれないな
    奇妙な友情すら感じるよ

As impatient as this sounds, I just really want to know more about the other game already. I wanna find out if it's what all we think/hope it is or if it's just more boring poop.

~ They got the moves like Jagger ~

Bandai Namco probably saving Project Dawn for Tokyo Game Show.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanted Sogeking View Post
    Bandai Namco probably saving Project Dawn for Tokyo Game Show.
    Or probably Jump Festa.

Quote Originally Posted by All Fiction View Post
    Or probably Jump Festa.
    That would be too long lol. For Jump Festa they can show a second trailer.

Based on the announcement, they are still in the planning stages. I would prefer if they took their time on the game and focus on making it the best One Piece game possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaubflfoy View Post
    I just came back from Tokyo One Piece Tower where I tried the VR game. Here are some thoughts:
    • We were 8 players at the time, one member of the staff conducted the game.
    • You first get to choose your gender.
    • The PS VR is bad, but the feeling of being in the Sunny is amazing.
    • You get to choose if you want to see the Ladies' room or Sanji's kitchen. I chose the kitchen, there was a lot of food on the table.
    • Up until now we were all in the same spot, now a multiplayer game started. We were divided in 2 teams.
    • Some marine ships appeared and started shooting cannonballs at the Sunny. We got some cannons, so we had to shoot the cannonballs down with ours.
    • Then a giant one appeared and we got to choose if we wanted Sanji or Zoro to stop it.
    • When it was over Usopp announced the winning team and Zoro announced the MVP.
    • Did not expect it to be that much fun.
    • We didn't move an inch, we got changes of scenes but no walking.
    • Some textures were a bit off when I got closer, like the grass on the ground or the strawhats clothes.
    • The staff that conducted the game was talking in the game via Transponder Snail, so maybe that's how we get the narration ingame.
    • The story was of us doing some pirate practices in the Sunny.
    • The models are from Burning Blood
    I was amazed when it started and I felt like being on the Sunny, shooting the cannon was fun too. If the game is making tours and playing minigames it could be fun. But I think that's all it can offer.

Not bad, very cool experience, worth the 60 minutes wait.
    Yeah, I knew they were using BB assets. Grand Cruise seems like a rush job to capitalize on VR.
    It might be fun for a few hours, but it'll get boring if there isn't more to it than just the Sunny.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanted Sogeking View Post
    That would be too long lol. For Jump Festa they can show a second trailer.
    Jump Festa makes more sense considering they rarely show trailers before announcing the platform/console.
    Maybe we'll have a teaser trailer that reveals the console alongside the game genre in Tokyo Game Show, followed by multiple revalations in Weekly Shonen Jump and V Jump before the full length trailer at Jump Festa.

Any news from the Tokyo Game Show or Jump Festa?

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

New Jump Scan:

Well then....it's def looking like they announced ONE of these games WAY too early.

It's practically October already and not a damn thing has been said about that other OP title since it was revealed. Sorry, I do appreciate the new scan but I really don't give a rat's ass about the goddamn vr game. I just want to see if this "unprecedented", "enormous", "fresh and new" one piece game, with collaboration from Oda himself, is gonna be anything worth paying attention to.

Not asking for 15-min trailers and release dates, honestly just a simple screenshot or a proper title would be pretty nice actually. Surely two months is enough time to show something by now, ANYTHING new to acknowledge that the game still even exists.

~ They got the moves like Jagger ~

While american and european companies tend to favor announcing stuff when they have something prepared to show Japan does their own thing.
    They don't mind releasing simple info or criptic trailers to generate some buzz. Look at the latest Hideo Kojima's project, there's no gameplay yet or plot synopsis, just a trailer with info we can't really decipher because no other info was given and and the announcement it will have Norman Reedus playing a character, possibly the main character.

With stuff like OP or Naruto or Dragon Ball they tend to make small announcements, just saying "hey, we're making some game with this IP" and then leave us in the dark until maybe 6 months before release, when they start releasing info on the clock.
    We'll probably get the first trailer in Jump Festa with a summer 2018 release date.

Ahem. The new title is Unlimited something, one hopes.

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Ahem. The new title is Unlimited something, one hopes.
    I really hope not, Unlimited was fun, but I really don't want another sequel, and the Unlimited gameplay gets repetitive boring fast, especially after Red. I want an original story with completely new gameplay

Since you're talking about the Unlimited series, I'm considering getting Unlimited Red for the DS, you guys have some feedback on that?

Btw, I think this game will be a new "IP".
    If it was a Unlimited game or a Pirate Warriors or even a Burning Blood sequel they would've said something about continuing the series or something. They seem to be hyping the fact that it's an experience fans never had, something really fresh.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information