+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Two new One Piece games revealed (PlayStation VR and 真??)

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Default Re: Two new One Piece games revealed (PlayStation VR and 真??)

Quote Originally Posted by Wanted Sogeking View Post
    This is late, but my friend on Twitter posted this.
    https://amp.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/co...ct_dawn_leaks/
    Doesn't seem like it's out of the realm of possibility but per usual I will treat it as fake until proven real
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

I mean.....it's probably fake, but it does sound cool.

I smell bullshit. All of it sounds like speculation he heard from other fans on what the game would be and threw together his own idea.

But some of the details DO sound cool.

This sounds like an educated guess more than anything, still, if this turns out to be true, then I'm a bit skeptical.
    Now let's say why this is already pretty similar to what many fans predicted.
    For starters, the story of the "leaked" game follows the pattern of a movie, but that much was obvious because Koyama already stated that they're aiming for a game better than even the movies, also, Oda's contribution will probably be the designs and concepts used in the game.
    So why does this sound like a movie? Well, that's because of the multiple islands formula, just like how we had Endpoints and how Merville was many floating islands.
    The open world part is probably derived from when Nakajima said he wants the next game to be open world.
    The villain's backstory was predicted as soon as we saw the scan of the burning Mariejois.
    So why does this feel like a fake? That's because of how little it seems to take advantages from the One Piece manga.
    I think we all know how Bandai tries its best to please the fans, and that's why it's weird to have game without Crocodile, Lucci and all the villains that many fans just buy the game to see.
    I personally don't mind not including those characters if the "leaks" turned out to be true, because the other solution would be too similar to Ultimate World Red which can feel pretty lazy if they do it again.
    Finally, why I'm skeptical for the gameplay if this "leak" turns out to be true? Long story short, because of balancing issues.
    How can they make each Strawhat playable? I mean, is it even possible for them to make puzzles that can be solved by whoever Strawhat I pick up?
    And if boss fights are cinematic, how can they fit quick time events for each Strawhat for each Boss?
    The ways the can come around this are not plenty, the few I can think of right now are:
    1-Puzzles are nothing unique and interesting and can be solved just by jumping, dashing, or attacking.
    2-You play with Luffy but you can summon the characters to help you with certain tasks, this however will come at the cost of making the Strawhats bland and only useful in a couple of situations.
    3-The Strawhats are separated and you play with a group of three on each island, while this sounds reasonable it sadly will infinitely shorten the gameplay.
    There is also the another answer which is impractical and unfeasable.

I don't want to emphasize on something as small as including Jolly rogers, but I really hope they mean something.

Don't know why no one posted this yet?
    But here is a new trailer for the upcoming PSVR game

I am the Sniper King! Wanted Sogeking's Avatar

The only things I like is Sanji's kick to cannon ball, Chopper facial expressions, and seeing all the StrawHats together.

Honestly, it's look like an awkward Burning Blood VR game.

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

holy shit, it looks really cheap. and lazy. and why the fuck do they still use Saboady's outfits for god's sake; move on, guyzessss.

https://gematsu.com/2017/12/one-piec...e-world-seeker

One Piece Game Dawn possibly titled One Piece: World Seeker

The “unprecedented One Piece game” code-named “One Piece Game Dawn” and due to be revealed in the December 11 issue of Weekly Jump may be titled One Piece: World Seeker.

Gematsu discovered a test page at the URL opws.bn-ent.net, which is likely where the official website will be located when it launches. Bandai Namco has also filed trademarks for “World Seeker” in the United States, Europe, and Japan.

We will likely hear first details about One Piece Game Dawn, or One Piece: World Seeker, when information from Weekly Jump leaks later this week.

*Strokes beard*

Interesting. So, next week is when it drops info?

So reveal at WSJ first, and then possibly a trailer at Jump Festa? Curious to see who is the developer, Bandai Namco in-house or maybe outsourced to another studio.

I can't even guess the developer at this point. My hype is uncontainable right now. *__*

It's sounding interesting the more I hear of it. World Seeker has a nice ring to it.
    But, how, can I exist within the midst of this? But, how, can I admit that I would quit on you? Missio - Can I Exist

One Piece 20th Anniversary New Game for PS4
    - Title - One Piece: World Seeker
    - Genre: Dramatic, Free Field, Action
    Source: MangaHelpers

I am the Sniper King! Wanted Sogeking's Avatar

I see many new anime games being announced done by new/old developers. Brings me back to the PS2 days of anime games. CyberConnect2 is probably behind one of them. The fact that One Piece World Seeker is not getting a Nintendo Switch version proves Ganbarion not the developers, but who knows.

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

One Piece: World Seeker

One Piece: World Seeker HQ picture

Is there a developer listed?

Ooh, it's pretty.

only ps4?
    then i'm out

the world doesn't look very "onepiece"

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information