+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2286

Thread: Ken Akamatsu thread (A.I. Love You, Love Hina, Negima, UQ Holder)

Default Re: Mahou Sensei NEGIMA!

Uhm... Sleeping Asuna is going to remain asleep, got a HUNDRED YEARS, powering the thingie she needs to power. She then BECOMES the current awake Asuna... and then gets to live out the rest of her days with her friends. She'll be 116/die of old age/go to another world/not be around by the time the first version of her wakes up... and then makes the jump again. Future Eva is leaving in 5 minutes with Chao anyway.

There's no overlap. There's no conflict. They aren't going to meet.
    3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

There are spoilers, and whatever.

And then there is this post speaking of Akamatsu and his dealings and all. As things stand and I interpret them, the end was coming for at least a year and was solely Akamatsu's decision.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Uhm... Sleeping Asuna is going to remain asleep, got a HUNDRED YEARS, powering the thingie she needs to power. She then BECOMES the current awake Asuna... and then gets to live out the rest of her days with her friends. She'll be 116/die of old age/go to another world/not be around by the time the first version of her wakes up... and then makes the jump again. Future Eva is leaving in 5 minutes with Chao anyway.

There's no overlap. There's no conflict. They aren't going to meet.
    How does the currently sleeping Asuna of the third world become the currently awake Asuna from the second world that came to the third world if they are basically two different girls from two different worlds?
    And yes, I am aware that for the next hundred years they won't meet, and if everything goes as it should have, the Asuna personality disappears and only the Twilight Princess is left. However... uh, maybe Terek is right and I should forget this.

Because she arrived in the timeline *after* the first one went to sleep. No contradictions, no undoing what she already did, no one replacing the other. Plays out exactly the same.

As I understand it her innate magic power was just charging a giant battery thing or something for the hundred years. Still don't get why she overslept or why she retained her personality, but. It was the sleeping period where the work is done, not the period after she wakes up.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Okay... First of all.. Chapter is out
    Secondly... Not what I would have expected for a near-ending chapter. I mean, it wouldn't have been THAT bad if the series still has a long way to go. She better be the one for Negi, or this chapter would feel reaaallll weird n out of place

Everypony's Favorite Brony Shuhan's Avatar

I wouldn't say its out of place...we don't know the ending, therefore it could be in place for how the ending will unfold

Its still anyone's chance.

Anyway, Im glad her affinity for strange drinks has carried into her techniques, Yue still is one of my favorites~ XD

Quote Originally Posted by Valiantt
    FUCK YOU and Butterflies
    Friend Code~4511-0806-1418

Oh geez.
    Spoiler:
    Its the non sequitur, new arrival time jump ending to Love Hina all over again.

And return of the random pervert demon boobies girl? And just Yue? For the finale? Next week had better have a *hell* of a payoff behind this.

Quote Originally Posted by ponx View Post
    She better be the one for Negi, or this chapter would feel reaaallll weird n out of place
    Well...

Spoiler:
    It could mean Negi chose Nodoka. Since that would be a reason she's not with Yue, and for focusing soooo heavily on Yue at this point, since their friendship outlasting their crushes was a major plotpoint that was never really resolved aside from "may the best girl win"... and Nodoka is the only one that had a real date with Negi, (nearly an entire volume long at that) was the first to crush on him, and a non-pactio kiss. Showing that Yue survived the aftermath of Nodoka being picked is worth some screentime. (It probably has to be one of the four girls that had "valentines" problems.)

If Negi choose Yue, I can't think of any reason she wouldn't be traveling with him to the point she has a permanent setupup thats not really accredited... unless they hooked up and it went south in a hurry?

Or, this is just being completely random like Love Hina was and focusing on a character that has almost nothing to do with anything.
    Last edited by Robby; March 5th, 2012 at 09:48 PM. Reason: ...

Everypony's Favorite Brony Shuhan's Avatar

*battens down hatches for TLS's possible rage storm

Quote Originally Posted by Valiantt
    FUCK YOU and Butterflies
    Friend Code~4511-0806-1418

One Character at a time Rogues' Gallery's Avatar

This chapter felt.......off.

Well then........I would like this chapter if we were in a different situation.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard;2530811

[SPOILER
    It could mean Negi chose Nodoka. Since that would be a reason she's not with Yue, and for focusing soooo heavily on Yue at this point, since their friendship outlasting their crushes was a major plotpoint that was never really resolved aside from "may the best girl win"... and Nodoka is the only one that had a real date with Negi, (nearly an entire volume long at that) was the first to crush on him, and a non-pactio kiss. Showing that Yue survived the aftermath of Nodoka being picked is worth some screentime. (It probably has to be one of the four girls that had "valentines" problems.)[/SPOILER]
    Well, that scenario suggests that the pairing had happened already; and if so, then I think Yue would at least hint about it in some way. I mean there was a panel with Negi and Nodoka's picture and Yue didn't give any indication about any pairing

If Negi choose Yue, I can't think of any reason she wouldn't be traveling with him to the point she has a permanent setupup thats not really accredited... unless they hooked up and it went south in a hurry?
    Why do I have a feeling that its going to go that way.....
    .. How many chapters do we have left? 2? Or just 1?

Spoiler:
    Or, this is just being completely random like Love Hina was and focusing on a character that has almost nothing to do with anything.
    Oh God.. please don't

You know I wouldn't have minded this chapter at all if there was much more yet to come, i would have just rolled my eyes and gone oh Akamatsu, but...for the penultimate chapter to be Yue getting molested to the point that she almost peed herself...sigh.

And I was loving this chapter at the start, I liked detective Yue, I like how mature she seemed and her showing how much she's grown. But man, that ending was just shameful for a penultimate chapter.

And you know something, that would have been a perfect chapter say it was the first of a sequel. But here it's like "What are you doing Akamatsu? You have a ton of cast members, you have a whole brand new world, you have a ton of things to resolve and you're wasting time with the boobies girl molesting Yue!" Just sigh.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

You know thinking about it, maybe that was what Akamatsu was going for? Maybe he wanted to make a chapter that feels like the start of a new sequel as a way to show there's this wacky new world with a ton of adventures for everyone. But it just doesn't work for a penultimate chapter. He should be resolving things not setting up a sequel that will never be made.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

We have to tell everyone that Negima has a bad beginning, with lots of fanservice and molestation. I sure hope we don't have to say that about the ending, too.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Have not posted here...since it's ending I thought I'd give my thoughts on the latest chapter and conclusion.

But before that, I recall the latest Negima movie that was made held Akamatsu's original ending. Now I've read a few things about it, but still want some things clarified.

1)I read that Akamatsu was unsatisfied with the movie, but it wasn't because they changed the ending right? The movie just cut a lot of the background info for the main movie (which I think will be included in the dvds), and that was the reason, right? (Want to make sure if I'm completely off base)

2)What was the ending of the movie? I think it was brought up in the thread but I'm not sure and the search function is giving me nilch.

Anyways,
    Spoiler:
    Robby pointed out how Love Hina was eerily similar with the penultimate chapter. And Negima is probably going to end the same way. It'll be harder since there is 30+ students and all the otherm inor characters to cram into 19-20 pages (since I think Akamatsu isn't going to add that many extra pages IIRC), but I think the question of "who did Negi choose" along with some open-ended bright future stuff will happen.

It's odd that Akamatsu seemed to be set on ending the series but left so many more open ended questions in his "last arc". I think that was why so many here thought it was continuing even though there were some end game vibes coming from the magic world arc. It's an odd choice, but maybe he meant the series to be open ended to an extent.

Speaking of the author, from the interview on page 95, Akamatsu seems tired of writing the manga. I'm just noting if that's the case, it's impressive as a writer that he kept the quality up, or at least kept it to the point where the people on this thread were satisfied through and through (well, last few chapters aside, and even that's a maybe)

And if chapter 353 is any indication, an unknown future holds infinite possibilities. And since there are parallel dimensions, I could imagine the fanbase can just write their own ending to the series, saying it is happening in X dimension. I mean, there's no reason why the sleeping Asuna in this world can't be sent to another dimension like the awake Asuna and have the whole process repeat itself in other dimensions etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is ó maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is ó doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

I actually loved the chapter until... well you know

the ending scene was just.... ugh

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    I actually loved the chapter until... well you know
    Took the words!

Thief!
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

I'm leaking.

Spoilers for last chapter are out. All I'm going to say is, judging by the content, the potential for a sequel is ever increasing.

I had something to say about the ending of the last chapter but everyone said it for me! so I am Silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    Spoilers for last chapter are out. All I'm going to say is, judging by the content, the potential for a sequel is ever increasing.
    Where can I find 'em?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Like everything else these days, in China. And some more here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    If this were true, it would explain a lot including last chapter's terrible penultimate chapter but great beginning chapter for a sequel.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information