+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2286

Thread: Ken Akamatsu thread (A.I. Love You, Love Hina, Negima, UQ Holder)

Default Re: Mahou Sensei NEGIMA!

Showing

Spoiler:
    the futures of every - every - girl in the class
    doesn't really strike me as a road to a sequel.

Also, that last page.

Spoiler:

is Stolen

Spoiler:
    . . .

But who did he fucking choose?!!??! >:O
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Spoiler:
    I'm a bit disappointed with the way it ended but beggars can't be choosers...
    Edit: I'm starting to realize just how difficult it is to end a manga properly, and I think the best ending's make you wish you could see more. E.g. Hikaru no Go

Brief summary:

Spoiler:
    -A reunion for Ala Alba and also a meeting between Ala Rubra and Ala Alba, which means a big party.
    -Nagi is there.
    -Yue's named got remembered by Nagi due to her awesome display earlier (fight from previous chapter). Nagi also teases Yue by wondering if she has a thing for Negi (due to her fighting style being just like Negi).
    -Not everyone from Ala Alba made it to the reunion.
    -Next time and when possible, Negi wants Nagi to be able to meet all his students who are more like his dear comrades.

Nitpicking some of the girls' entries:

-Zazie's is a guardian and also a goodwill ambassador (as a demon princess from Venus, no doubt) Her story is for another time set in the future.

-Chao - No one can stand before her because she wields technology that gives her time manipulation and magic that lets her traverse between parallel worlds. Chao still fights for peace in her original world. Also, is the last boss of justice. Often, one way or another, comes to visit Mahora play/visit.

-Eva obtained her freedom. She continues to watch over the fate of the boy and girl whom she saw herself in. Her story regarding the one she loved is a story for another time. (Damn it, Ken!)

-Both Setsuna and Konoka got married in 2017. To who? That's left ambiguous. Tsukuyomi.continues to stalk Setsuna.

-Yue and Nodoka work in the same post in ISSDA. Yue is both a space detective and a magical detective

-Kaede is able to traverse space with flesh and blood due to usual training as a wanderer ninja.

-Mana continues to fight, crossing many battlefields. She also participated in the War for Independence in Mars that took place at the start of the 22nd Century. The reason for Asuna's delay in awakening was due to that war.

-Asuna - last descendant of the oldest royal family in the magic world. Worked as the symbol of harmony between the old and new world. Also spend time to restore her kingdom. Has a busy life, but still makes time to maintain contact with all her friends. Is Iincho's eternal quarreling friend.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

One Character at a time Rogues' Gallery's Avatar

aaaaand we're done.

is Stolen

Spoiler:
    Chisame: LOL. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Well. That was the ending it needed to be. It was just a year or two too soon.

Spoiler:
    Reminded me of a Suikoden finale. Exactly what I would have wanted out of it, but...

Except it really needed another year or two of chapters first. Especially given all the apparently important references to.. stuff that happened off camera in the 5 month timeskip. The twins in particular got shafted in that regard.

I don't think its coincidence that Setsuna and Konoka both got married in 2017. Or that there was a point of putting their wrap up together.

Eva and Zazie's wrap up are the biggest pissers with "her story is one for another time." Everyone else had a firm comptent 2 sentence resolution.

Natsumi and Kotaru. Well, that was obvious. Happy with that one.

So uhm... who did Negi actually end up with? It wasn't Nodoka or Yue, that was made very clear. Did Akamatsu just leave it *mostly* open so fans could choose, while just outing a couple of the more obvious choices? That's... really lame.

maki is the only one I really get any sort of vibe from, but...?
    Last edited by Robby; March 10th, 2012 at 04:44 PM.
    3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

Spoiler:
    maybe I should have reread the entire thing again, but like this the end felt kind of... empty? I wasn't really emotionally invested at all. All the stories were fine as they were, but I would have wanted to see at least small parts. Maybe 2-3 pages for the most important events instead of that pointless Yue chapter last week. Like the actual reunion of Negi and Nagi. Or the love climax of Kotaruo and Natsumi... not boob jokes ._.
    And did I miss something between the lines or did we not find out who Negi ended up with? Or are we supposed to think he chose Asuna because he was in her summary panel? Then Ayaka with fate ...?
    Is someone else disappointed in the lack of Chamo in the end of Negima? He basically was just on one panel per chapter, no point nor dialogue... though he was the funniest character next to Rakan and Chisame.
    I guess it's impossible to please everyone, overall a decent ending

oh well, one of my favorite mangas ended. One thing less to look forward each week
    "Going against the flow? Just means you're swimming in place. One day you are too tired to paddle, and suddenly you drown. Whole thing was pointless and now you're dead THE END. Now, going with the flow is where it's at - and that's the dandy way to live."
    - Space Dandy

Spoiler:
    I think his point of bringing up "the future is a blank slate," was a purposeful one. He gave us the information to let us come to the conclusion that Negi did end up with one of the girls in his class, but beyond that he may have wanted us to choose that girl for ourselves, excluding Yue and Nodoka I suppose.

If I had to actually pick a specific girl, I think it would be Makie. On a few occasions she referenced Nagi as "father," and she was also the only girl I noticed that her wrap-up said was still chasing Negi. Although I could have missed something, in which case I will probably go back and read again.
    Last edited by Marano; March 10th, 2012 at 04:56 PM.

"How do you think a real-life man can become a fictitious man? The answer is simple. One must eliminate everyone who knows him, everyone who knows his past.

One must simply be the only one who exsists..."

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Spoiler:
    It's Makie. There's multiple jokes to calling Nagi "father" and her bio has that "ambiguous but with Negi" detail.

Wonder how many people called that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

So, are we in agreement then that
    Spoiler:
    Its makie, just so very vaugley so that its open to interpretation?

I would say so Robby, but that was just my thought process.

"How do you think a real-life man can become a fictitious man? The answer is simple. One must eliminate everyone who knows him, everyone who knows his past.

Spoiler:
    Wow I can't believe its really over.

It was a really good final chapter, shame it ended too soon, but man. So may things happened offscreen that it kinda pisses me off.

Setsuna and Konoka marrying in the same year? He could just said that they married eachother, its easy to guess.

And wow Makie?!? That came out of nowhere. Didn't she just get like 1 chapter about her relationship with Negi? Man I wanted to Fate.

Well this was a great manga I will really miss seeing these characters I love in new wacky adventures(I hope we get some extra side chapters in the future, like the Eva stuff), but all good things must come to a end.

Now lets wait until Akamatsu's next work.

3-A Forever

Spoiler:
    I'm a little unsure what to think of this, personally i loved it. It almost makes me even forget that it skipped so many stuff, wich is sadly enough the truth. If it had just properly developed and ended its ideas it had laid out it would've been better yeah, but that's a little useless to contemplate now i guess.

Leaves me a little at a loss for words knowing this is actually the end and hoping that it may pick up on the "this shall be a story for another time" notion of maybe seeing (multiple) spinoff(s) of what stuff happened behind the scenes in the timeskip and such. Hoping for an actual fullblown sequel is a little silly at this point i think.

I was actually incredibly bummed out at first by seeing the ending notice because i had just bought the series upto the Festival arc, i have to admit i still find it sad that it left many oppurtunities open just like that but it's still a very loving series to me wich i will continue getting.

Only actual complains i have with the ending is the lack of Chamo, the Zazie sisters tease (if it actually ends up not getting followed up that is), and the lack of actual confirmation of who gets to be Negis wife (unsure on the slight Makie hints it gives).

Quite shortly said, since i followed this for more or less a year. I enjoyed the ride while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by IceBorg View Post
    Now lets wait until Akamatsu's next work.
    Or sequel: http://twitter.com/#!/KenAkamatsu/statuses/177359925922635776

"I've just finished drawing the final chapter of Negima (Chapter 355)! Thank you for all your support over these past nine years. =ʕ◕̀ᴥ◕́ʔ=... I certainly have no intention of retiring, so look forward to my next work or sequel(?)"

Quote Originally Posted by IceBorg View Post
    Spoiler:

Setsuna and Konoka marrying in the same year? He could just said that they married eachother, its easy to guess.

Spoiler:
    He's clearly leaving it vauge so that people CAN guess and interpret as they will. Even where its totally obvious. Ever for all the obvious lezzie love obviousness throughout the series, maybe he didn't want to fully commit to that for fear of pissing people off? (not that, you know, the sudden abrupt ending...)

As for Makie, it was never as obvious as some of the other choices, but... they DID sepnd a fair ammount of time together in the other world. And she WAS one of the four girls scribbled into the valentines problem.

Really it could never be Yue or Nodoka since that would screw their friendship up but... then what the hell was the point of spending the last chapter just on Yue?

Spoiler:
    Is anyone else even slightly dissapointed that it mentioned Negi defeating the Lifemaker with ALL 31!!! of his comrades and we didn't get to see any of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Marano View Post
    Spoiler:
    Is anyone else even slightly dissapointed that it mentioned Negi defeating the Lifemaker with ALL 31!!! of his comrades and we didn't get to see any of it?
    No. "Slightly dissapointed" doesn't cover it. I think we're all really annoyed about that, actually.

Spoiler:
    There's "open ended, life goes on, there's adventure we don't see" ending... and then there's "and here's something that was crucial the the whole story and being constantly built up and fuck you all" ending.

Guess which one that is.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    No. "Slightly dissapointed" doesn't cover it. I think we're all really annoyed about that, actually.
    Glad to know that it wasn't just me, this is probably my single biggest problem with it now.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information