View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
200. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Hisoka

    159 79.50%
  • Team Chrollo

    41 20.50%
Closed Thread
Page 227 of 243 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 225 226 227 228 229 237 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,540 of 4847

Thread: Hunter x Hunter III: Hiatusitis

  1. #4521

    Default Re: Hiatux X Hiatus III: So long Mulan Szechuan Sauce

    I was wondering: if the 1 volume per year policy is a given at this point, is there a reason for HxH not getting the JoJo treatment and switching to monthly serialization, maybe with the seinen upgrade?

    The way it is now seems hardly ideal for anybody
    Curiosity has its own reason for existing

  2. #4522

    Default Re: Hiatux X Hiatus III: So long Mulan Szechuan Sauce

    We have been asking that question, to no one in particular, ever since the ant arc, over 10 years ago.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  3. #4523

    Default Re: Hiatux X Hiatus III: So long Mulan Szechuan Sauce

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiere View Post
    I was wondering: if the 1 volume per year policy is a given at this point, is there a reason for HxH not getting the JoJo treatment and switching to monthly serialization, maybe with the seinen upgrade?

    The way it is now seems hardly ideal for anybody
    Doesn’t jump pat more? Just a guess? If they do ,why leave to monthly when they are perfectly willing to bend over a bit?

  4. #4524

    Default Re: Hiatux X Hiatus III: So long Mulan Szechuan Sauce

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Plowed 50 chapters or so in a day to catch-up.

    Man was this manga always this dialogue heavy or have things gotten wordier?

    The text to movement ratio feels like 75/25.

    Still super fun though
    It's gotten worse. We usually don't have so many chapters in a row with such crap.

  5. #4525

    Default Re: Hiatux X Hiatus III: So long Mulan Szechuan Sauce

    Someone should just write on the title "no one shall curse the whole community by mentioning a potential change of the "hiatus x hiatus" title. And no talk about Togashi jumping on a monthly schedule, at this point it's pretty much clear that it will never ever happen"


    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    It's gotten worse. We usually don't have so many chapters in a row with such crap.
    Only the Kurapika part is crap though. Which means a lot but still is only his part

  6. #4526

    Default Re: Hiatux X Hiatus III: So long Mulan Szechuan Sauce

    Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Only the Kurapika part is crap though. Which means a lot but still is only his part
    Dunno about that. That Hisoka fight felt like the typing of the dead

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    The Zodiacs and the Ants didn't bother me as much, as it was background needed for the hunter organization, or a bunch of monsters gaining sentience at the same time, they either had buildup or were new and thus didn't need the buildup.

    And then, the princes, and the bodyguards, and the maids, and the Kakin infrastructure. Too many elements going steadilly and slowly into a blender.
    Personally though i kind of enjoy when the author just randomly segues into something totally different.

    Like i never expected them to go straight to the dark continent so i'm not that shocked that we'll spend a year or two in this boat.

  7. #4527

    Default Re: Hiatux X Hiatus III: So long Mulan Szechuan Sauce

    Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Someone should just write on the title "no one shall curse the whole community by mentioning a potential change of the "hiatus x hiatus" title. And no talk about Togashi jumping on a monthly schedule, at this point it's pretty much clear that it will never ever happen"
    I was just wondering if there was a known/probable reason for it not happening, since to me, a person completely ignorant in the matters of japanese editorial policies, it seems fairly unpractical for both editors and the author.
    Curiosity has its own reason for existing

  8. #4528

    Default Re: Hiatux X Hiatus III: So long Mulan Szechuan Sauce

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Plowed 50 chapters or so in a day to catch-up.

    Man was this manga always this dialogue heavy or have things gotten wordier?

    The text to movement ratio feels like 75/25.

    Still super fun though
    Mangastream and other scans makes things a lot worse by throwing in unnecessary syntax

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2EPqWi06vbA

    Although even officially the set up has been a lot of chapters
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:



  9. #4529

    Default Re: Hiatux X Hiatus III: So long Mulan Szechuan Sauce

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Dunno about that. That Hisoka fight felt like the typing of the dead
    Which part of tha fight?
    The magical resurreccccion at the end ?
    Both characters reading each other's mind during the whole fight ?
    Kuroro's overcomplicated explanations about abilities he'll never use again ?
    The fight having no consequences on the plot in the end ?

    I mean, these are the recurrent issues the fandom seems to have with the fight

  10. #4530

    Default Re: Hiatux X Hiatus III: So long Mulan Szechuan Sauce

    That's the nature of nen, and crazy prepared people. If they can't accept a troll magician faking his death, or the guy who collects and minmax nen abilities not using his "indoor fish" or "fun fun cloth" again, that's their issue.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  11. #4531

    Default Re: Hiatux X Hiatus III: So long Mulan Szechuan Sauce

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    That's the nature of nen, and crazy prepared people. If they can't accept a troll magician faking his death, or the guy who collects and minmax nen abilities not using his "indoor fish" or "fun fun cloth" again, that's their issue.
    He didnt really fake his death, he straight up enel'd himself, by the way that always bothered me slightly because shouldnt you lose your df when you die, and even then it would have to work on it's own. Unless he was in some odd conscious but heart stopped area
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:



  12. #4532

    Default Re: Hiatux X Hiatus III: So long Mulan Szechuan Sauce

    If the devil fruit leaves the body inmediately after death, then Blackbeard would have failed to steal the quake fruit.

    Besides in the case of Enel, his heart "just" was stopped for a while, he was out for less than a minute.

    Hisoka you could make the argument that he was dead for a long while but he was very messed up on the outside, who knows what inner damage he's covering up with nen?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  13. #4533

    Default Re: Hiatux X Hiatus III: So long Mulan Szechuan Sauce

    Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    He didnt really fake his death, he straight up enel'd himself, by the way that always bothered me slightly because shouldnt you lose your df when you die, and even then it would have to work on it's own. Unless he was in some odd conscious but heart stopped area
    You don't die instantly after your heart stops. It takes minutes for your brain cells and other organ tissues to die from lack of oxygen enriched blood (hypoxia). Enel revived himself likely before he was actually dead as a doorknob.

    EDIT: What Max said in way less words lol.

  14. #4534

    Default Re: Hiatux X Hiatus III: So long Mulan Szechuan Sauce

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    That's the nature of nen, and crazy prepared people. If they can't accept a troll magician faking his death, or the guy who collects and minmax nen abilities not using his "indoor fish" or "fun fun cloth" again, that's their issue.
    But how was the fight not pointless though ?
    In the end they just moved the location of the fight from the arena to the ship. The only difference is that it's personal now.

  15. #4535

    Default Re: Hiatux X Hiatus III: So long Mulan Szechuan Sauce

    It was an interesting fight, even if it was a tad too wordy (some skills might have needed to be simpler, something that you can explain in a panel tops, and another panel for the synergy of those skills), and set the table for a even bloodier conflict.

    I woild find interesting another match to be honest, Hisoka has always fougth overly recklessly because of his confidence and that his opponents weren't near his level, so a chance to see him stretch his stuff is welcome, and while Kuroko's versatility makes the fight somewhat dumb, like a kid pulling powers out of his ass, if he gets locks into using known powers with weird synergies and edge cases being the reveals, it feels less cheap and more strategic. And in the other hand we can be sure that it's going to be a fresh battle, without Kurotopi and Shalanark's powers he can't make the puppets/antenna combo, and he can't use the same strategy against an opponent of the level of Hisoka.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  16. #4536

    Default Re: Hiatux X Hiatus III: So long Mulan Szechuan Sauce

    Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post

    Only the Kurapika part is crap though. Which means a lot but still is only his part
    I wasn't saying that the manga is crap. I was replying to Wolfwoof's comment about wordy chapters and calling those crap (as in "crappy wordy chapters").

    I don't recall the manga ever being this bad when it comes to that. Usually we had 3 heavy exposition heavy chapters and then something a bit more calm, or in Hisoka's fight vs Chrollo, a couple of pages explaining Hisoka's logic and then pages of action.
    In these chapters it feels like there's at least one panel per page full of heavy bullcrap.

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    It was an interesting fight, even if it was a tad too wordy (some skills might have needed to be simpler, something that you can explain in a panel tops, and another panel for the synergy of those skills), and set the table for a even bloodier conflict.
    I still think we could have gotten the same fight without Shalnark's ability.
    The risk of Sun and Moon and getting ripped apart by puppets was enough. One less ability to avoid making stuff more confusing.

  17. #4537

    Default Re: Hiatux X Hiatus III: So long Mulan Szechuan Sauce

    The thing is that Shalanark's (and Kurotopi's) abilities were kind of a freebie, because we already knew about them.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  18. #4538

    Default Re: Hiatux X Hiatus III: So long Mulan Szechuan Sauce

    Yeah, but we had to keep up with which 2 abilities were being used at the time using the bookmark and how they were affecting the fight at the moment, the antenna just gave us one extra thing to keep track off and it wasn't even that impactfull since Hisoka would never lose because of it.

  19. #4539

    Default Re: Hiatux X Hiatus III: So long Mulan Szechuan Sauce

    It was an insta-win condition, wich made any hole in his form a total loss.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  20. #4540

    Default Re: Hiatux X Hiatus III: So long Mulan Szechuan Sauce

    I feel like Togashi read this thread...
    Spoiler for chp 374
    Spoiler:
    https://www.bakadata.com/manga-spoil...ll-translation

    When the sunmary is this long, you know it is going to be a great chapter...
    The past 20+ chapters has been so wordy, lets just make it even more wordier.

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts