161 79.70%
  • Team Chrollo

41 20.30%
Closed Thread
Page 267 of 267 FirstFirst ... 167 217 257 265 266 267
Results 5,321 to 5,332 of 5332

Thread: Hiatus x Hiatus III: Goodnight, Sweet Princes

Default Re: Hunter x Hunter III: Chapter x Bolus x Time

I like the power of literally beating answers out of someone. Shame about the hiatus. Maybe this chapter was just an anomaly but it looks like it's getting good.

I liked this chapter towards the end. But alas, the hiatus is a cruel mistress.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    I like the power of literally beating answers out of someone. Shame about the hiatus. Maybe this chapter was just an anomaly but it looks like it's getting good.
    Yeah, really creative take. Wonder if she needs to be hit first as an activation condition, or something. Find it a little hard to believe that she would be taken by surprise like that, since she' obviously a better fighter.

The other dude could use his ability well even without bleeding. He could harden his arms with increased blood flow. I think some martial arts do that with arm swinging, Bagua maybe?

He doesn't look like much of a practitioner, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

On Page 5 in the MS translation the third Prince said he has lost three siblings.. how does he know Kacho died? Did the translator make a mistake or is even Togashi losing track of everything that is happening?
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

I like how there's "Consider all possibilities before I use Predator" guy and on the opposite side of the spectrum you have "I bet this coin goes in the nen beasts mouth because it looks like a slot. But it would be to risky to try force feed the nen beast."

Looking closely at this chapter, Togashi and his assistants aren't even trying to get the artwork to blend seamless.lol
    Normally, I can overlook it but it's particularly jarring in this chapter.
    Just look at the bottom panel.
    https://readms.net/r/hunter_x_hunter/390/5492/12
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    So we're going down this rabbit hole again.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyBlue View Post
    Looking closely at this chapter, Togashi and his assistants aren't even trying to get the artwork to blend seamless.lol
    Is it jarring cause of the mass amount of detail?

Quote Originally Posted by RedGreenBlue View Post
    Are they really worse?

In my opinion, this is just as terrible, though itís on the other side of the storytelling spectrum.

Itís like how you can find crazy people who are completely uneducated, and then also absolute kooks with degrees popping out of their asses.
    Early Bleach and early Naruto are both really good. But yeah if you're talking about a post Yammy Espada 0 (that's the moment Bleach really fell off for me, wasn't Soul Society level but still entertaining) Bleach or a later Naruto, both are way worse in my opinion.

I do get that criticism though, that HxH swings the pendulum the complete other way and has become pompous. I skip dialogue if they trail off because... if I'm just getting another 10 Succession War chapters after this, I don't really care. For me to invest in something, I have to see that the payoff is worth it, usually. Soooo I need to see that Togashi's actually gonna deliver some steak after this long course of appetizer followed by hour long break followed by appetizer followed by hour long break, rinse and repeat. I mean it's still interesting enough, but I have a feeling all of this gigantic buildup and text is just not going to matter that much in the big picture. We'll see, I could be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyBlue View Post
    Yeah, it's funny how the background characters and objects have more detail than foreground ones. ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Default Re: Hiatus x Hiatus III: Hello Darkness, My Old Friend

Come on, guys. It’s just that all the foreground characters were wearing really light colors!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Yeah, it's funny how the background characters and objects have more detail than foreground ones. ^^
    Also, this is super accurate lately, because every character that gets exposition out the wazoo (kurapika aside) is only secondary to the main characters.

Default Re: Hiatus x Hiatus III: Hello Darkness, My Old Friend

Really liked the latest chapter, not because of the little bit of action it had, although it was nice to see. But what really sold me on the content was Togashi showcasing the powers visually, and even though he couldn't stop himself from spoon-feeding the readers the powers by writing them in info boxes few panels later, at least those info boxes weren't as bloated as what they could've been.
    The chapter also had plenty of progression with a clear shift in narrative as the Xi-Yu mafia is for the first time taking action towards getting rid of Morena herself.
    And while there are even more characters introduced, the members of the Xi-Yu mafia aren't a bothersome addition at all, at least they were nicely designed, were few, and were somewhat expected unlike Cammy's personal guards that came out of nowhere.

Default Re: Hiatus x Hiatus III: Goodnight, Sweet Princes

Until next time

Closed Thread

Thread Information