+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Opening 20: "Hope" by Namie Amuro (1st October 2017)

Ep 309 was too good for me Ocelot's Avatar

Default Re: One Piece Opening 20: "Hope" by Namie Amuro (1st October 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    Another generic fishman island-era sunny shot. Who could have guessed?

That Luffy shot almost made me vomit so I had to fix it

https://i.imgur.com/0QP2yVy.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/K8eFE9f.jpg
    Looked good before to me.. I like what you made tho, it's more koizumi pre ts-ish but it'll probably be better to let go of the past for now

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    It looks good so far, don't know what you're on about
    It looks great overall, don't get me wrong, I just don't like the way they draw Luffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Looked good before to me.. I like what you made tho, it's more koizumi pre ts-ish but it'll probably be better to let go of the past for now
    The thing that annoyed me the most was the big piece of hair in the middle, it looks off, as well as his eyes. They're waaaaay too circular. I don't think I'm ever letting go of Koizumi's designs, I just can't. I started with the anime. To me, Koizumi's designs look more like Luffy than Oda's or Hisada's.

Pfft. Of course you edited an obviously inbetween shot of Luffy running just because he doesn't look the way you want him to.

Koizumi's era is long gone. Get over it and move on.

I hate the post-ts default outfits too, especially on Ussop, Robin and Nami. Give them something new already! The crewmembers who are not on WCI atm shouldnt get too much screentime anyway and leave room for Carrot, Pedro, Pekoms, Jimbe.
    The rest looks good though.

I'm more worried they'll spoil big moments of the arc up until after the ceremony, like Pudding's reveal, Bege's alliance or Katakuri's design. Hopefully, they'll leave that out and change some stuff as the story goes along. The ceremony will probably not start before like March 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Pfft. Of course you edited an obviously inbetween shot of Luffy running just because he doesn't look the way you want him to.
    Well, yeah, what's wrong with that? Whether it's an inbetween or not, I still don't like the way he looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    Well, yeah, what's wrong with that? Whether it's an inbetween or not, I still don't like the way he looks.
    Based on your previous comments, Luffy will never look right to you unless Koizumi becomes the animation director again.
    Clinging to the past isn't healthy.

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by halfaxa9 View Post
    I'm more worried they'll spoil big moments of the arc up until after the ceremony, like Pudding's reveal, Bege's alliance or Katakuri's design. Hopefully, they'll leave that out and change some stuff as the story goes along. The ceremony will probably not start before like March 2018.
    I imagine the wedding part is going to be like the Marineford clips from the twelfth opening where they panned over the assembly and showed the major players, so I can't imagine characters like Katakuri are going to be left out. Heck, I won't even be mad if they hint at
    Spoiler:
    Pedro's sacrifice
    since that seems to fit with the kind of song it'll be. So-and-so's true nature however, should be hands-off.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Actually, if Hope is Search for the Wind's mirror universe good twin, I'll be satisfied.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Based on your previous comments, Luffy will never look right to you unless Koizumi becomes the animation director again.
    Clinging to the past isn't healthy.
    Yep, pretty much. Hisada is by no means a bad character designer, I just feel like changing the design after such a long time, and to such a big extent, is bad for the series. I'm completely aware that it's unhealthy to cling to the old designs, because it has undoubtedly affected my enjoyment of the series after the change, but it's not easy to accept.

Too Diluted for School The Tenth Strawhat's Avatar

Jinbei not with the whole SH Crew = horrible opening

Judging from the still images, the art looks very well done (I did like Jaki's edit to Luffy with the bolder lines and colors, reminded me of the pre-ts art). Now, to see it in action...
    The faces of a Straw Hat.

One Piece Opening 20: "Hope" by Namie Amuro

I liked that opening more than the last two (although i prefer the songs of the last two honestly). All the shots of Sanji are well done except for that cape is way too big. It doesn't even make sense. The shots of all the big players and their relationships was good. Perospero's colour scheme though. Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by thaihoa91 View Post
    One Piece Opening 20: "Hope" by Namie Amuro
    The new song has a dubstep vibe. lol

Never thought I say this for a One Piece opening?

At least the animation is good.
    But, how, can I exist within the midst of this? But, how, can I admit that I would quit on you? Missio - Can I Exist

Opening 20 (HD)

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

I loved the opening, but Brulee really should have been in the spot of Compote in those shots

How ironic that when I saw to get over Koizumi, he ends up returning to do a few cuts in episode 808.
    >.>

IMO, this opening is shitty. The sound is completely unsuitable with the the images. Sanji's coat is a camp tent ⛺ :v

Last edited by Could be Meadows...; October 1st, 2017 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmetal-lich View Post
    Gonna throw out my checklist and predictions for this opening. See how many I can tick off. Show me yours!

1. Straw Hats stare into the sunset or some faraway thing while on the boat.

2. Straw Hats are doing some mundane everyday activity on the sunny

3. Zoro and Sanji Fighting

4. Nami and Robin lounging around (bonus point if they are in bikinis or scantily dressed)

5. Luffy running around goofing off

6. Nami getting caught in the shower and getting mad

7. Smash cut of several different groups of people (Warlords, Emperors, Big Mom crew, Vinsmokes, Marines)

8. Epic Group shot before fight.

9. Smash cut of SH flashbacks.

10. Ace flashback

11. Luffy going Gear 4

12. Shanks showing up smiling.

13. Robin reading, Sanji cooking, Brooke playing his violin

14. Last 15-30 seconds are cuts of arc related stuff.

15. Animated Colorspreads.

In a surprising twist, I only got 1, 7, 8 and 11.

Overall good song, and a different opening from the last few we've gotten. Very arc related and that's a welcome change.
    3DS Friendcode: 1177-6707-2664

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Remember when Zoro done that during the Wedding? Shame they didn't put in the opening.:V
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Every opening all the way back to the original We Are! except for two have had sequences of the Straw Hats hanging around on their ship or otherwise goofing off so I don't have any problems with that as long as it doesn't get in the way of more interesting footage. As has been said, hopefully here they use them to contrast Sanji's different situations.

I don't really get the obsession with the timeskip outfits either though. Like I get wanting to have a default look, but that never concerned them before, change is always good, and I've cooled considerably to some of them over the years. It makes me wonder what they're going to do when the crew inevitably adds to their number. Like, would they stick Jimbei in his marijuana leaf outfit from Fishman Island (which is actually my favorite of his outfits BTW) or whatever he happens to be wearing when it's finally made official? What about other hypotheticals like say Carrot or Future Wano Character or whomever? What then?

Anyway since we've got confirmation of wedding footage being showcased I'm looking forward to seeing (and possibly being revolted by) the colorschemes of the Straw Hats' new outfits and those of the other new characters.
    The thing about the pre-timeskip openings is even when they had shots of the crew in their "default" outfits they tended to have a huge variety of costume choices from the 3rd opening on. Since the timeskip it's like the opening directors forgot how to effectively utilize all of Oda's wardrobe choices outside of the "in-arc" parts of the opening. I don't mind if we have Luffy's default outfit since it's rather iconic but the animators have been doing this show for 800 + episodes now. They KNOW how to come up with creative outfits for the other Straw Hats.
    Check out my artwork and my musings here:
    http://o-chan30.blogspot.com/
    http://ochan28.deviantart.com/

After listening to the song a few times. It feels very much like a song that people use to make fake One Piece openings.

But damn is Amuro a good singer.
    3DS Friendcode: 1177-6707-2664

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information