+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Opening 20: "Hope" by Namie Amuro (1st October 2017)

Default One Piece Opening 20: "Hope" by Namie Amuro (1st October 2017)

New Opening for One Piece called "Hope" by Namie Amuro (she performed Opening 14: “Fight Together“). Opening 20 will debut in One Piece 1 hour TV Special on 1st October.

https://one-piece.com/news/detail/20170912_6069

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Default Re: One Piece Opening 20: "Hope" by Namie Amuro (1st October 2017)

HYPE!!!!!!!!!!! This is BIG NEWS! (I'm so excited lol Fight Together is my favorite intro)

THANK GOD ENERU!! A new opening has been long overdue.

And the return of Namie Amuro makes me even more hyped!

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

Namie Amuro returns?!
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Give me the feels Namie. Give me the feels.

Wano? Wa-TWO YEARS??? Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Yayayayyyayay! I could really see her performing a song for the WCI arc, especially considering the themes we'll be dealing with by the time October comes around.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

And it premieres during the Luffy vs. Sanji episode - this is PERFECT.

Spoiler:

Hopefully they animate some colorspreads
    OPTC (JPN) FC: 223.189.439

AT LAST!! And its Namie Amuro!? Thank the lord, get "We Can" the fuck up outta here. Kitadani, I love ya, WE ARE is legendary and WE GO is up there too, but We Can is hot garbage and I can't stand it anymore.

I hope with Ichikawa's assistance, the visuals won't look like ass for once. Imo there has yet to be a post-ts opening since We Go that nails absolutely everything from the visuals, to the song choice, to the story relevance, etc. I'm really hoping this will be the one that finally delivers the full package. At the very least, I'm sure the song will sound great.

~ They got the moves like Jagger ~

Quote Originally Posted by LazySketcher View Post
    I hope with Ichikawa's assistance, the visuals won't look like ass for once. Imo there has yet to be a post-ts opening since We Go that nails absolutely everything from the visuals, to the song choice, to the story relevance, etc. I'm really hoping this will be the one that finally delivers the full package. At the very least, I'm sure the song will sound great.
    What was wrong with the visuals of hands up and Wake up? Aside from the small bit where the art was slightly off when the SH's were staring at the sunrise in Hands Up, I struggle to find anything wrong with those two. There were a few mediocre scenes in Hard knock days, but it was okay for the most part. I enjoyed the songs of all 3 personally. We Can was were they really dropped the ball. Both the song and the visuals were bad.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungWhite View Post
    What was wrong with the visuals of hands up and Wake up? Aside from the small bit where the art was slightly off when the SH's were staring at the sunrise in Hands Up, I struggle to find anything wrong with those two. There were a few mediocre scenes in Hard knock days, but it was okay for the most part. I enjoyed the songs of all 3 personally. We Can was were they really dropped the ball. Both the song and the visuals were bad.
    Visuals for Hands up and Wake up were pretty decent, but I didn't care for either of the songs.

Hands Up - The scene where the SHs fight against the PH guards always looked really bad to me. Caesar and Doffy scenes looked fantastic actually, but in between you got still shots of Kinemon and the PH kids, Smoker and the G-5, Monet, Vergo and they all look awful. An obligatory "SH's crowd together to stare at the sunset" moment which is whatever, and the final group shot of the SHs at the end looked like it was rushed in 5 minutes.

Wake up - Couldn't stand the anniversary outfits, they all looked terrible. I love when they show the crew goofing off on the Sunny, so that part is actually pretty great. Was never too wild about the BB and Luffy dialogue either, seemed kinda saturday morning cartoon-ish. Another SH sunset scene, of course. Honestly my main gripe with this and most new openings is how astronomically off model the characters can look at times.

"Crazy Rainbow Star" had strong visuals, same for "Jungle P", same for "Share the World", DEFINITELY for "ONE DAY".

Hard Knock Days had bad art all around but the song was pretty decent. "We Can", well I just hate everything about it. Just...nothing since "We Go" has been particularly good to me, and I'm sorry maybe most of you guys liked 1 or 2 or ALL of them so far, but tbh I haven't truly enjoyed a single one yet. I'm really hoping this new one lives up to it's title.

Perhaps considering the subject matter, "Hope" could focus on Sanji's character arc specifically. Maybe he can reminisce about his days on the Baratie and his time with Luffy and the crew, idk something like that. I'd like to see this new opening take some risks, like even if I end up hating it at least they tried something other than: SHs act silly somewhere-->OOops guess it's fighting time-->Look Nami Robin bOoBs-->random Kaido encounter-->sunset-->badly drawn final group shot.

~ They got the moves like Jagger ~

Thank god, finally.
    I was getting fed up of that opening..

I had someone tweet me saying that this was probably what Shida was working on regarding One Piece and while I don't doubt that he'll have at least one cut of animation in it, I think he'll still be doing the TankMan defeat. Anyways, I liked We Can well enough at the start but now I still enjoy it, but it was really made for that "We're finally out of Dressrosa era" and has stuck around for about 20 episodes too long. I love Fight Together and Black Make Up so I expect another great song from Namie. Also, I guessed the other day that we'd probably get a new opening either with this special or after it and I guess my predection was right and a few months ago I think I even said that it'd probably happen at around episode 806

Fight Together is one of the better openings and Namie Aumro is a great singer.

Sadly, this opening is gonna follow the same formula as the others, 3/4 of the Straw Hats fucking around on the ship, then 20 seconds of clips from the current arc.
    3DS Friendcode: 1177-6707-2664

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

Gives me "Hands Up" vibes.

You can just feel the idyllic lounging around on the Sunny.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Namie Amuro? Fuck yeah boi.

Formerly Vegard Aune Lord Starfish's Avatar

Fight Together is my favorite opening, but every opening since then has been extremely underwhelming in terms of their visuals. Which is to say, they have all been really freaking bland and samey. Part of what made Fight Together so perfect is just how well the opening sequence itself matched that part of the story, whereas every opening since then has basically been 90% "Random Straw Hat introductions, random chilling on the ship and battles with random mooks". So while getting another Namie Amuro song is definitely not a bad thing... please give us an opening that has had clear thought put into it again. Like, have the entire thing revolve around the Whole Cake Island arc, not just the last thirty seconds.
    Yibis One Piece Fansubs
    http://yibis.com - #yibis@irc.rizon.net

Things we don't want:
    Introductory shot of Sunny
    Shot of Straw Hats on a sunny day on the Sunny
    Showcase of Strawhats attacks
    Sunny flying through the air
    Only 15 second teases of upcoming scenes
    Repetitive chorus
    No color spreads
    Bad animation

HD

Wano? Wa-TWO YEARS??? Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

I liked Wake Up's Sunny segment because it was really dynamic. Might not have a problem with something like that if Hope takes a similar approach. Or if it juxtaposes the Straw Hats having fun with Sanji's current situation; that could add feels to it.

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information