+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Chapter 881: Room of Waves

Default Re: One Piece Chapter 881: Room of Waves

Yowza, it's been pretty clear for a while, but it's vindicating to see Jinbe's helmsman prowess spelled out in such a spectacular way. Really superb.

I'm with Sibersk on this; there's no indication that Luffy had the glass in his mouth, the sound wasn't muffled and his teeth would be dripping with blood. He's just putting on a brave face, and everyone but Jinbe is confident he's already won.

Like the Avatar? / Like the Miis?
    3DS FC: 4468-0979-5223 / Wii U ID: JSHerstein

Quote Originally Posted by anoobis View Post
    Very weird and unclear. How I interpretated it was that he didn't want his crew to worry about him and weird face was forcing himself to say it. Blurting out that his crew is alive is maybe ok since they don't know which island they are meeting up (shards in mouth and then Luffy breaks it with fist). Only problem BM crew can just tell her they aren't dead and go looking for them unless some secret route to the island or BM too much in rage mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Sereques View Post
    That face looks like his stupid face. Maybe he wants them to think he's getting deranged and talking to himself.

He is both happy they are safe and he is being terrible at lying in same time.

Oda sure is taking his sweet time with Luffy's counter attack. Oh well, 2 weeks will pass quickly (lmao).

For a moment there I thought Luffy was going for a weird new gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Aaand Katakuri is using awakening same as Doflamingo as it seems - to turn ground into his element..

That makes it rather difficult for Luffy to use Spring Hopper lookalike attack as I expected.. I wonder how Luffy will play this out.

I expect that after turning Gear Fourth he might grab some of Katakuri siblings in his hands and use them as shields lol

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    Aaand Katakuri is using awakening same as Doflamingo as it seems - to turn ground into his element..

That makes it rather difficult for Luffy to use Spring Hopper lookalike attack as I expected.. I wonder how Luffy will play this out.
    Maybe he just threw some mochi in Luffy's path.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Maybe he just threw some mochi in Luffy's path.

I agree it was not clear if it was awakening or just spreading some mochi in Luuffys was as you said.

Still with such sticky ability Katakuri might be able to capture even bouncing Luffy, interesting how fight will go on. Now I am sure that Katakuri will make it difficult for Luffy to get into Gear Fourth..
    We are like 2 chapters into volume so I would expect at least 4 more chapters of this fight.

Also I get this weird feeling that Luffy might loose an eye in this fight.. Oda was itching to draw eyepatch character..

Ok, now the Sunny officially has its helmsman, congrats to those who've been calling it all these years.

That wave scene and Jinbe's general attitude were truly awesome, I would just have wanted a note on how Big Mom and her fleet didn't spot the Sunny in the aftermath. Did the wave carry them this far from each other? Incidentally, wouldn't hunger-crazed Linlin turn on her own son and crew now that the Sunny is gone ? With Pero's ability being the only thing that keeps her afloat, this could become a very tricky situation.

Still on the Sunny scene, Pero's frightened reaction to the tsunami is much, much better than his cocky demeanour from last week. Much more fitting for a man who's basically sitting on a crate of dynamite that he himself set on fire.

On the mirror world, I'm as puzzled as everyone else by the thing with Luffy's mouth. My best guess is that he keeps those mirror shards in his mouth both in order to preserve some communication ability and to hide from the rest of the crew that he is being beaten to a pulp, so that uncertainty about their captain won't affect their morale. And I agree that this last panel with a silent Jinbei is a hint that he is either doubtful or saw right through it - unlike the rest of the crew, he knows what caliber of a man Katakuri is.

Is it possible he kept the shards in his mouth to keep Katakuri from hearing his crew was okay? That's what I thought he was doing... then again I have no idea why he told them to hurry up so... yeah no idea. Maybe we'll find out in two weeks.
    For with a closing door, another surely opens
    Just you wait and see,
    And when you look back on where we've been together
    Wherever you may be
    I hope that you remember me

Man,Brulee and co. are only interested at commentry,they simply watched those mirror getting destroyed.How convenient.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Without reading this thread I would not know what the hell is going on with Luffy. It's rare for One Piece that Oda can't bring his point across. The Green Room stuff was nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Quexinos View Post
    Is it possible he kept the shards in his mouth to keep Katakuri from hearing his crew was okay? That's what I thought he was doing... then again I have no idea why he told them to hurry up so... yeah no idea. Maybe we'll find out in two weeks.
    I just realized. He closed his mouth to stop SH from hearing he's in pain. To feed them the lie easier.

Damn, Oda, that's touching.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibersk Esto View Post
    Just to be clear; Luffy saw he was about to get hit by Katakuri, covered up his mouth so that his crew wouldn't hear his pain, and then did a big goofy smile because he lied to them about being at the island.

What a boss.
    Not sure how I missed this post earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Quexinos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I just realized. He closed his mouth to stop SH from hearing he's in pain. To feed them the lie easier.

Damn, Oda, that's touching.
    Its a combination of the two: Luffy puts the glass in his mouth, and then clamps it shut to shut off the sound. If he didn't they'd be able to hear Katakuri wrecking the entire place anyway. This is also why glass spontanously appears in front of Luffy after Katakuris kicking salvo is done: Luffy just spat it out.

great chapter...great leadership by luffy...Nami and team (escape-CLEAR)

now for luffy to full fight and sanji bake time

Jeez...that mirror shard scene is gonna confuse some folks, I'm not even 100% sure what happened there.

Tho I assume it's as everyone here is saying, after it broke from Kata's kick he hid the remaining mirror pieces in his mouth to keep the others from hearing and seeing him get wrecked. Then spit them out, put on a brave face, and gave them a cocky one-liner before cutting off communication.

Kind of a weird scene, I'll be honest. The Strawhats shouldn't really need a morale boost from Luffy to keep going, especially now that they're out of danger. I get that they're the weaker half of the crew but they're not babies. Whether Luffy's getting his shit rocked or not, they should still keep doing whatever they're meant to be doing without false reassurance from their captain.

~ They got the moves like Jagger ~

Glad that my Jinbe riding the wave like a boss prediction came true.

As for Luffy, I can't see him winning the fight. Btw, it was touching to see him make sure they didn't hear him being outmatched by Katakuri.

So I'm expecting him to be saved by outside interference. Germa most likely.
    They would then bring him to Cacao Island on their boats. They have to be brought back in this arc to have a proper farewell with Sanji.

Jimbei simply owns. He just surfed that wave on Sunny
    That part with Luffy holding his mouth, then that weird face was a bit confusing.
    Did he put parts of the mirror inside so it wouldn´t completely break while Kata was attacking him and the "happy" face was to boost the morale of his friends?

EDIT: After rereading, the mouth holding is more likely to prevent his friends from hearing him scream from pain so the whole sequence is supposed to be a morale boost

"I´m fine, everyone" + Luffy´s cannot lie lying face
    Last edited by Nubtro; October 5th, 2017 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    I agree it was not clear if it was awakening or just spreading some mochi in Luuffys was as you said.

Still with such sticky ability Katakuri might be able to capture even bouncing Luffy, interesting how fight will go on. Now I am sure that Katakuri will make it difficult for Luffy to get into Gear Fourth..
    We are like 2 chapters into volume so I would expect at least 4 more chapters of this fight.

Also I get this weird feeling that Luffy might loose an eye in this fight.. Oda was itching to draw eyepatch character..
    i never got the point of those "turn enviroment into paramecia element" awakening abilities... seems like Doffy/Katakuri can pretty much create an unlimited amount of their paramecia-type element out of nothing anyways (birdcage etc) so what is the advantage of the awakening ability? can it be used to turn living humans? if not then it doesnt bring anything new to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by DollarScholar View Post
    i never got the point of those "turn enviroment into paramecia element" awakening abilities... seems like Doffy/Katakuri can pretty much create an unlimited amount of their paramecia-type element out of nothing anyways (birdcage etc) so what is the advantage of the awakening ability? can it be used to turn living humans? if not then it doesnt bring anything new to the table.

Imagine Luffy turning whatever part of enviroment he wants into rubber - so he bounces back without taking damage after hitting walls etc.

For Doflamingo - he could have turned into a trap everything around him, thats a boost alright. Katakuri - it is unclear if it was awakening or him spreading mochi pieces all over the place.

I have hard time seeing anything more than a draw between those two with both getting KOed and Luffy being first to wake up. Also I expect that Luffy will use longneck twins as boxing glows while in Gear Fourth lol

Glad the chapter dropped earlier than I expected. Luffy...I want to see Gear 5th, just so you can completely shut Katakuri down and make him lose his shit. Luffy will win, after this chapter I'm more sure of it than ever. There can't be any outside interference because with Brulee inside the mirror world no one can come in. Unless he uses her to escape but he's made it his goal to beat Katakuri and that is what he will do. Loving Captain Luffy's leadership right about now.

Year of Sanji, let's go!

Great chapter, cant wait to see what is Luffy going to do.

We will probably see something new from him.

About the glass, maybe he saved one part of the glass for later so he can get out of mirror world.
    Last edited by milets; October 5th, 2017 at 02:03 AM. Reason: adding something

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information